Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Buluts meeting with Dalman and Choo

Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:15 am

Updated:

Rowberry staying with Welsh FA.

The three met up yesterday and Bulut told them his requirements.

Bulut discussed list of summer targets with Dalman and Choo.

Bulut said he wants Two strikers, a midfielder, winger & CB being chased (home & abroad).

One coach definitely leaving, someone with some Championship experience is coming in.

Ramasut (Tom) is staying on.

Doesn’t look like Rowberry as Bulut not keen on him and wants his own choice.
The usual loans coming in, but Bulut wants to solely chose them all.
Bulut said he wants all this done and finished with way before season starts.

Bulut was told Tan expects nothing less than a Top 6 finish, but looking at Top 2 with the support he will get from the board.
Dalman lending our club more money to do this, and if course at 10% interest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Buluts meeting with Dalman and Choo

Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:28 am

Top 2 is ambitious! I like it, but ambitious!

Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:37 am

Ninian27 wrote:The three met up yesterday and Bulut told them his requirements.

Bulut said he wants Two strikers, a midfielder, winger & CB being chased (home & abroad).

One coach definitely leaving, someone with some Championship experience is coming in.

Bulut was told Tan expects nothing less than a Top 6 finish, but looking at Top 2 with the support he will get from the board.

That’s all very specific and very detailed and good news if true but:-

How do you know all this? Where you at the meeting talking notes?

Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:45 am

It was on X somewhere. If you read between the lines on this it makes you think that Bulut played hardball to get his way .Wants his own coach, wants his own new players. Something he didn't have a lot of control over when he first came to the club.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:43 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:It was on X somewhere. If you read between the lines on this it makes you think that Bulut played hardball to get his way .Wants his own coach, wants his own new players. Something he didn't have a lot of control over when he first came to the club.

All very promising if it is true but I’m not convinced the exact detail’s of this meeting would every be revealed to the media

Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:46 am

To be fair, fair play to Ninian, the meeting has taken place and much other he has said I was told similar and that the budget from last season will be increased :bluebird:

We await action now :bluebird:

Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:56 am

I hope this is all true and Bulut gets what he wants.

I've been very critical of Bulut but he needs to pick the players he wants. We definitely need a coach with championship experience to add to the staff, I hope they choose wisely.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:To be fair, fair play to Ninian, the meeting has taken place and much other he has said I was told similar and that the budget from last season will be increased :bluebird:

A fair bit of slack now with a few hefty wages gone like Ojo and Sawyers.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:23 pm

With the squad that we are currently left with now that the loanees have gone back if Tan is serious about backing Bulut to get top 2 then he's going to have to spend in the region of £15m on an almost complete overhaul of the squad as there are virtually no players in our current squad who are top 2 standard.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:36 pm

Ninian27 wrote:The three met up yesterday and Bulut told them his requirements.

That all sounds really positive, I'm looking forward to an improvement :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:To be fair, fair play to Ninian, the meeting has taken place and much other he has said I was told similar and that the budget from last season will be increased :bluebird:

Good positive vibes Annis by the sounds of things :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:51 pm

I know that Bulut demanded there being money available for him to sign new players to fit his ambition if he was going to stay.

Obviously that means he will have to get minimum top six.

Fans will expect to see better football too.

I’ve backed him from the start and glad he’s staying, but the quality of performances have to improve now he’s in his second season.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:32 pm

If Bulut wants his own people and Tom is staying, doesn't that mean one of his guys is going?

Nadir, Nicholas or Mario.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:30 pm

I'm all for being a dreamer but let's get realistic being backed with a "top two" or even a top six budget. Freebies and loans is what we will get and maybe a money signing in my opinion. 95% of this squad wouldn't get in a top two team already tbh.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:47 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Good positive vibes Annis by the sounds of things :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mark,

Yes I feel positive, but we went down this road in June last season, so not getting over positive.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:49 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:I'm all for being a dreamer but let's get realistic being backed with a "top two" or even a top six budget. Freebies and loans is what we will get and maybe a money signing in my opinion. 95% of this squad wouldn't get in a top two team already tbh.

I personally fell for all of Dalman’s bullshit last summer so not going to believe anything until it actually happens.

The one thing this club is good at is spin.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:19 pm

Cheers Ninian.

It mentions the usual loans - how many are we bringing in on perm, and what's the kitty to do so?

I fear that the loan situation is just a revolving situation where we don't really have many good players that we own.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:15 pm

Think City will need to spend anything around the £20-25 million mark if VT wants any hope of top 6, never mind top 2. Most of that on a decent marksman and midfield enforcer.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:I'm all for being a dreamer but let's get realistic being backed with a "top two" or even a top six budget. Freebies and loans is what we will get and maybe a money signing in my opinion. 95% of this squad wouldn't get in a top two team already tbh.

I personally fell for all of Dalman’s bullshit last summer so not going to believe anything until it actually happens.

The trouble is Ned the bullshit last season was the usual so when the season starts this time around and we got three loan signings and two freebies we will probably know by then it was more bullshit. We have become amune to this "top six finish" bollocks from the club for many a season yet the squad does not reflect a top six finish come the first game of the season that's the bottom line sadly. We shall see . The spin doctor trying to sell ST again is my guess :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:54 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

The trouble is Ned the bullshit last season was the usual so when the season starts this time around and we got three loan signings and two freebies we will probably know by then it was more bullshit. We have become amune to this "top six finish" bollocks from the club for many a season yet the squad does not reflect a top six finish come the first game of the season that's the bottom line sadly. We shall see . The spin doctor trying to sell ST again is my guess :bluescarf:

With 5 signings you say we will get we will need to use 5 or 6 under 23s to make up squad? if you believe that i believe tan selling club for £1

Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:51 pm

MikeO76 wrote:I hope this is all true and Bulut gets what he wants.

I've been very critical of Bulut but he needs to pick the players he wants. We definitely need a coach with championship experience to add to the staff, I hope they choose wisely.

Let's hope so :bluebird:

Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:34 pm

We have got to replace Philip's bowler grant thats 3 so if we bring in 6 its not a big influx of players realistically we need 9 new.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:40 pm

montyblue wrote:We have got to replace Philip's bowler grant thats 3 so if we bring in 6 its not a big influx of players realistically we need 9 new.

Can't see that happening unfortunately