Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tan looking at top 2 finish

Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:10 pm

According to Ninian's post Tan will be looking for a top 2 finish from Bulut based on the backing Tan will be providing him with.

Who in the current squad do you believe is good enough to play for a team challenging for automatic promotion?

For me I can think of a fully fit Ramsey and that's about it.

How much do you think Bulut will need financially to mount a realistic attempt for automatic promotion?

Re: Tan looking at top 2 finish

Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:00 pm

davids wrote:According to Ninian's post Tan will be looking for a top 2 finish from Bulut based on the backing Tan will be providing him with.

Who in the current squad do you believe is good enough to play for a team challenging for automatic promotion?

For me I can think of a fully fit Ramsey and that's about it.

How much do you think Bulut will need financially to mount a realistic attempt for automatic promotion?

Its not so much the ammount its all about the quality he brings in ? Obviously more money available the more chances of getting higher quality i think abroad will be our market for the quality with efl giving the experience.. going on tans words top 6 is minimum he wants..

Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:26 pm

Some serious crack being smoked within the club and in fans homes if they think the manager is going to get backed for a top two finish in my opinion :lol:

Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:51 pm

Jesus, we were saying top six when we finished mid table. Now we are saying top two.

Shall we win the fa Cup and qualify for the champions league too?

Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:55 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Jesus, we were saying top six when we finished mid table. Now we are saying top two.

Don’t be ridiculous.

Tan’s top priority is for us to win the Euros this summer.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:16 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:Jesus, we were saying top six when we finished mid table. Now we are saying top two.

Don’t be ridiculous.

Tan’s top priority is for us to win the Euros this summer.

Ah of course, I should have remembered that!

Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:33 pm

Last season people were saying there was no ambition being happy with a mid table finish & an improvement over the previous season. This season people think it's funny or just plain ridiculous that the club is looking to a top 6 and even a top 2 finish.

What exactly would make you people happy for the club to be aiming for pre-season because apparently 12th shows no ambition & top 2 shows too much?

Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:39 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Last season people were saying there was no ambition being happy with a mid table finish & an improvement over the previous season. This season people think it's funny or just plain ridiculous that the club is looking to a top 6 and even a top 2 finish.

What exactly would make you people happy for the club to be aiming for pre-season because apparently 12th shows no ambition & top 2 shows too much?

No its typical reaction on here.....wouldnt be satisfied if won
lottery they'll say not won enough! :o

Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:40 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Last season people were saying there was no ambition being happy with a mid table finish & an improvement over the previous season. This season people think it's funny or just plain ridiculous that the club is looking to a top 6 and even a top 2 finish.

I was one of the few who said that Bulut has done a good job under the circumstances and that 12th was a big improvement.

In my eyes now, if we get backed, I'd be happy if we push for play offs, even if we narrowly miss out. Its still a step in the right direction.

A lot will disagree with me on that most likely.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:44 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:

I was one of the few who said that Bulut has done a good job under the circumstances and that 12th was a big improvement.

In my eyes now, if we get backed, I'd be happy if we push for play offs, even if we narrowly miss out. Its still a step in the right direction.

Suspect people not happy because its tan saying it... if i was bulut i would be wanting promotion thats what hes employed to do get success...i thought thats what fans wanted but apparently not all. :o

Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:

Suspect people not happy because its tan saying it... if i was bulut i would be wanting promotion thats what hes employed to do get success...i thought thats what fans wanted but apparently not all. :o

The problem is they build up expectation when they know they can’t deliver it. Dalman did the same last summer and before January.

So difficult to build our squad into a top two team so why put our unrealistic ambitions?

Top six can be achievable with the right signings but top two is extremely unlikely.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:00 pm

Top 2 finish hey.

Well being backed is one thing (and Tan may come through there, you never know).

But you also need a serious dressing room as well. A squad of 25 players that will run through walls for you...and they'll only do that coz the manager instils a will to win and never say die attitude.

Just not sure we have that!

Would be great to properly challenge in the top half though, heres hoping!!!

Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:

The problem is they build up expectation when they know they can’t deliver it. Dalman did the same last summer and before January.

So difficult to build our squad into a top two team so why put our unrealistic ambitions?

Top six can be achievable with the right signings but top two is extremely unlikely.

Ned that maybe true but nothing wrong at this time to state what they want to acheive obviously depends on who they sighn ? Maybe a bit premature but its been said so no reason to dismiss what bulut wants for the club never mind what tan expects.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:43 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Some serious crack being smoked within the club and in fans homes if they think the manager is going to get backed for a top two finish in my opinion :lol:

Spot On .

Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:33 am

Are we buying the leeds squad ? we would need some serious spending to push us to the top 2
We have all got used to tan talking sh.te with his football head on.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:45 am

montyblue wrote:Are we buying the leeds squad ? we would need some serious spending to push us to the top 2
We have all got used to tan talking sh.te with his football head on.

Tan has a business head NOT a football mind.

His business head is saying top 2, understandable, and his football head, well thats in cloud koko land. Besides I don't think we can spend that much for a top 2 finish. Its going to take some footballing brain to achieve top 2, thats for sure.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:42 am

Don’t we all want to finish in the top 2

Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:00 pm

Bebbsyboy wrote:Don’t we all want to finish in the top 2

We all want to but unlike Tan most of us seem to appreciate that without a plan in place and significant investment in the playing squad it's extremely unlikely to happen!

Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:49 pm

davids wrote:
Bebbsyboy wrote:Don’t we all want to finish in the top 2

We all want to but unlike Tan most of us seem to appreciate that without a plan in place and significant investment in the playing squad it's extremely unlikely to happen!

Agree - We would ALL love to be Top 2 or Champions - and you are Spot on with the reasons to get there :bluebird:

Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:47 pm

bulut will need £10-£15 million to make us a quality team and to be top 6 never mind top 2.