Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Rudoni ‘

Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:17 am

Coventry just paid £5.5mill for Rudoni aged 22 from Huddersfield Town.

Even Coventry City are spending big.

Re: ‘ Rudoni ‘

Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:23 am

So does this mean the 3 year cycle is finished for everyone, and every club has a clean slate to spend ?

There ain't no way they would spend that much if there was restrictions?

If this is the case then I hope we spend alot of money because let's face it the team needs it badly

Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:33 am

kyle08 wrote:So does this mean the 3 year cycle is finished for everyone, and every club has a clean slate to spend ?

If this is the case then I hope we spend alot of money because let's face it the team needs it badly

Kyle, I asked that question a few weeks back.

What I was told is that the 3 years is a 3 year rolling schedule, so it's not a clean slate.

With Coventry it's most likely die to the sale of Gyokeres

Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:47 am

Didn't they sell Hamer aswell and talk of O, hare going

Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:23 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:So does this mean the 3 year cycle is finished for everyone, and every club has a clean slate to spend ?

Kyle, I asked that question a few weeks back.

What I was told is that the 3 years is a 3 year rolling schedule, so it's not a clean slate.

With Coventry it's most likely die to the sale of Gyokeres

The amount of losses have been put up for this season to just over £41m overall... just read gibson at Borough as put in £80m over the past 4 seasons just to keep them above ffp rules..... as for Coventry this season may benefit from player sales but still need to take into account previous losses so while sales might be £20m or whatever it was doesn't mean got £20m to spend... get impression edging their bets on promotion .

Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:49 am

pretty sure last season, they sold Gyorkeres for £20M+, and Gustavo Hamer for around £20m.

they probably made quite a bit of ££ from the FA CUP run, play off finals last year, was the first year of the cycle, the Covid season ?

Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:32 pm

bluebird04 wrote:

pretty sure last season, they sold Gyorkeres for £20M+, and Gustavo Hamer for around £20m.

they probably made quite a bit of ££ from the FA CUP run, play off finals last year, was the first year of the cycle, the Covid season ?

May sell for 20m but can only use whatever buying club gives per season as most transfers are spread over several years so if spread over 4 years you get 5m to use for ffp per season... exception is an academy player if sold club gets full amount immediately regardless of how a club buys him

Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:19 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:

May sell for 20m but can only use whatever buying club gives per season as most transfers are spread over several years so if spread over 4 years you get 5m to use for ffp per season... exception is an academy player if sold club gets full amount immediately regardless of how a club buys him

Not saying you are wrong but are you sure that is correct? The club would show the full profit in the accounts immediately Irrespective of when payment was due and that is what would be reported to Companies House and to HMRC.