Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Most seasons in the top flight ( Cardiff City )

Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:40 am

Most seasons in the top flight

EFL clubs only
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Most seasons in the top flight ( Cardiff City )

Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:34 am

For the times when "they aren't a bigger club than us" pops up, this is quite accurate other than a few outliners.

Thanks for sharing.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:23 am

The oddity is Coventry City who spent their 34 years in the top flight in 'one fell swoop' as it were between 1967 and 2001. No top division football before or after those dates.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:37 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:The oddity is Coventry City who spent their 34 years in the top flight in 'one fell swoop' as it were between 1967 and 2001. No top division football before or after those dates.

They had done nothing before 67 - I think they had spent most of their time in the Third Division but were very progressive in the mid sixties under Jimmy Hills directorship who was very innovative. I believe the first ever game to be beamed back to the away teams stadium on a big screen was against us at Ninian Park.

Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:00 am

JJ1927 wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:The oddity is Coventry City who spent their 34 years in the top flight in 'one fell swoop' as it were between 1967 and 2001. No top division football before or after those dates.

They had done nothing before 67 - I think they had spent most of their time in the Third Division but were very progressive in the mid sixties under Jimmy Hills directorship who was very innovative. I believe the first ever game to be beamed back to the away teams stadium on a big screen was against us at Ninian Park.

I don't think there's a chance of teams like Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Palace, Forest, Wolves and the like having an unbroken run of 34 years in the top division in future. Just goes to show how well run and managed Coventry were.