Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Buluts New Assistant:

Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:03 am

Looks like being:

Cardiff City look set to add ex-Watford Accademy coach and ex Orient Assistant Manager Omer Riza to their coaching staff and and will become Erol Buluts New Assistant and part of his Coaching Staff.

Omer was head coach Watford's academy and before that Leyton Orients Manager from 30th March 2017 -May 2017 for 7 games, Winning 1 and then being sacked.

Erol Bulut has been keen to bolster his backroom team this summer and indeed it was one of his stipulations when he was in talks to agree a new two-year deal with the Bluebirds.

Omer Riza, whose most recent role was as part of the first-team staff at Vicarage Road under Valerien Ismael.

Riza had spent six years with the club, joining in August 2018 as part of their academy setup before he progressed through to take the reins as Watford under-23s head coach in 2019. He was added to Ismael's coaching staff last summer but left when the manager was sacked back in March.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Buluts New Assistant:

Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:52 am

I always thought that Watford as an attacking outfit were quite good, they just couldn't defend to save their lives which is probably why Ismael got the sack.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:46 am

Have any of last seasons coaches survived? Goalkeeping coach etc.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:15 pm

stickywicket wrote:Have any of last seasons coaches survived? Goalkeeping coach etc.

Goalkeeper coach has gone.

I believe another coach has gone as well, but not sure who?

Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:16 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I always thought that Watford as an attacking outfit were quite good, they just couldn't defend to save their lives which is probably why Ismael got the sack.

Martyn,

We could neither last season :lol:

Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:02 pm

Sounds like whole settup behind scenes seems to be shaken up which must say is needed if we are to progress further? I believe it only re inforce my view bulut knows what he's doing.