Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Iwan Roberts thinks Craig Bellamy would be the ideal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:32 pm

Iwan Roberts thinks Craig Bellamy would be the ideal replacement for Rob Page...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: I wan Roberts thinks Craig Bellamy would be the ideal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:42 pm

Craig Bellamy gave Rogue Giggs (no spelling mistake) a close run when interviews last took place and some on the Committee voted for him

I’m not a big supporter of international football or the FAW in particular but I am a Craig Bellamy supporter and not giving the now available Craig Bellamy the opportunity of being the next manager of Wales would simply not make sense

Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:51 pm

If he's ready, give it to him, he's the best pundit I've seen, and his knowledge and enthusiasm would be brilliant for the youngsters. Get him in now with a four year plan for the next Euros the World Cup is too soon so don't worry if we don't make them, but it's a good time to bring in some more young players and plan ahead like Toshack did.

We need to find some new young welsh players, we need to do some research and find any young English players not quite good enough and see if their is a welsh family connection that can be used.

Re: Iwan Roberts thinks Craig Bellamy would be the ideal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:47 pm

I ve no doubt Bellamy has got the passion,but has he got what it takes to be a manager??,kompany clearly rates him,but it’s a bit different being in the back ground to being the main man,especially at international level

Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:13 pm

Not much between Iwan Roberts ears.

Bellers already said he prefers coaching

Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:55 pm

Although I do like Bellers, I'd prefer (narrowly) Osian Roberts, purely because he has experience as the main man.

Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Iwan Roberts thinks Craig Bellamy would be the ideal replacement for Rob Page...

Was it iwan roberts that also said
we should give page another 2 games in the nations league.?

Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:11 pm

Sven wrote:Craig Bellamy gave Rogue Giggs (no spelling mistake) a close run when interviews last took place and some on the Committee voted for him

I’m not a big supporter of international football or the FAW in particular but I am a Craig Bellamy supporter and not giving the now available Craig Bellamy the opportunity of being the next manager of Wales would simply not make sense

Sven

If memory serves me it was stated the interview bellamy gave for the walesjob was a Hollywood performance but they had already made there mind up of pin up giggs.
Having said that giggs suprised me pushing the youngsters through but then again he thinks like a forward rather than a defender same as bellers.

Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:21 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Although I do like Bellers, I'd prefer (narrowly) Osian Roberts, purely because he has experience as the main man.

Was that at Pothmadog? Because other than that he has never been the main man

Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:57 pm

montyblue wrote:
Sven wrote:Craig Bellamy gave Rogue Giggs (no spelling mistake) a close run when interviews last took place and some on the Committee voted for him

Sven

If memory serves me it was stated the interview bellamy gave for the walesjob was a Hollywood performance but they had already made there mind up of pin up giggs.
Having said that giggs suprised me pushing the youngsters through but then again he thinks like a forward rather than a defender same as bellers.

Monty, I think you are right...! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:36 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Although I do like Bellers, I'd prefer (narrowly) Osian Roberts, purely because he has experience as the main man.

Those 2 would work well together - or otherwise get Giggs back ...