Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BULUTS FIRST SIGNING "WHO"

Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:45 pm

Will it be a statement of our intent this season for a top 6 from bulut and top 2 from tan
bulut has talked the talk

will it be a wow or an underwhelming "who" here's hoping for a wow.

Re: BULUTS FIRST SIGNING "WHO"

Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:40 am

Personally I think he will sign mostly foreign players we have never heard off who hopefully will turn out to be bargains

Late on in the window possibly 2/3 young premier league loanees

Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:29 am

montyblue wrote:Will it be a statement of our intent this season for a top 6 from bulut and top 2 from tan

Sometimes the ‘Who?’ Signings turn out pretty good though. I’d never heard of Goutas , Phillips or Siopis before we signed them.

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:11 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:Will it be a statement of our intent this season for a top 6 from bulut and top 2 from tan

Sometimes the ‘Who?’ Signings turn out pretty good though. I’d never heard of Goutas , Phillips or Siopis before we signed them.

Surprised you hadn't heard of Philips, he had a season where he was covering for Van Dijk and was a starter for Liverpool

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:17 am

Suppose Keiffer Moore will be in early lol

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:31 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Thats true but the way bulut and tan where talking you would think we going all out to sign messi and take the championship by storm with a top 6 or top 2 i am happy with unknowns but it was the build up from bulut etc that they are going to build this winning team and get the quality in
Its just the 1st one over the door i was thinking about bit like when ramsey signed
I thought hello we are at last building somethung as it happened that fizzeled out after the swansea win.

Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:12 pm

Transfers very slow at moment expect it to speed up come July 1st..

Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:23 pm

Reports say matt Phillips will cost around £8m! Far to much for us think Liverpool are edging bets that lower premier league club will snap him up.

Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Reports say matt Phillips will cost around £8m! Far to much for us think Liverpool are edging bets that lower premier league club will snap him up.

We should secure kipre then if thats the case if he has' nt already gone elsewhere

Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:04 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Reports say matt Phillips will cost around £8m! Far to much for us think Liverpool are edging bets that lower premier league club will snap him up.

We should secure kipre then if thats the case if he has' nt already gone elsewhere

Always thought kiprè was unpredictable does really great things generally but messes up good opportunities for us at times... but decent signing if he's available sure bulut sort him out..

Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:24 am

If bulut is going to be fully backed is Phillips on his way despite the price tag
this should tell us what fully backed means if we do not get him
and it all goes quite just like it did last season
out of our price range means we are still on tans budget
Imo liverpool are asking to much for phillips in 8 mill but 4/5mill would not be extortionate considering how he did for us
and the current market price of players today
We will see what happens.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:39 am

I’d be happy signing a back up centre back.

Don’t forget, we were performing at our best last season when the CB pairing was McGuinness and Goutas and I’d be quite happy with starting with them again this season.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:50 am

montyblue wrote:If bulut is going to be fully backed is Phillips on his way despite the price tag
Imo liverpool are asking to much for phillips in 8 mill but 4/5mill would not be extortionate considering how he did for us

Monty 8m would be ok if it was done over 4yrs ? Pay 2m a season would naked good sense for someone who probably have saleability in excess of 8m if continue s like he as.... all clubs on tight budget even those top of our league like Leeds only one fee been paid so far all rest freebies or undisclosed but no big budget buys.... being supported means bulut getting players he wants within the budget he's given.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:52 am

piledriver64 wrote:I’d be happy signing a back up centre back.

Don’t forget, we were performing at our best last season when the CB pairing was McGuinness and Goutas and I’d be quite happy with starting with them again this season.

Really i though philips was a better pairing
mc guiness drops a few b.ll.cks and is slower than philips
but i suppose its about opinions but for me philips was better than mcguiness.
And we do not have to fork out tge monry but we need cover thats why philips came in.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:56 am

Absolutely agree that Phillips was better than Goutas and McGuinness but at £8m there is no way he is coming back !!

But Goutas and McGuinness is a pretty good pairing at this level.

If we are going to spend decent money this summer then I’d rather it go on a good striker or two !!

Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:18 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Absolutely agree that Phillips was better than Goutas and McGuinness but at £8m there is no way he is coming back !!

But Goutas and McGuinness is a pretty good pairing at this level.

If we are going to spend decent money this summer then I’d rather it go on a good striker or two !!

This is what i mean about been fully backed we should be able to pay for strikers and defenders rather than flipping a coin as to whether its either

We have got so used to been on a tight budget since warnock left anything over 2 million and the forum goes into melt down as if its our money
I think we have to push the boat out,
this was suppossed to be the big rebuild season

Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:14 am

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:If bulut is going to be fully backed is Phillips on his way despite the price tag

Monty 8m would be ok if it was done over 4yrs ? Pay 2m a season would naked good sense for someone who probably have saleability in excess of 8m if continue s like he as.... all clubs on tight budget even those top of our league like Leeds only one fee been paid so far all rest freebies or undisclosed but no big budget buys.... being supported means bulut getting players he wants within the budget he's given.

Allan

We are almost led to beleive by the words fully backed means without a budget
it would be nice to know what is the budget tan wants automatic promotion and bulut has also aspirations to be top 6.

Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:07 am

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan

We are almost led to beleive by the words fully backed means without a budget
it would be nice to know what is the budget tan wants automatic promotion and bulut has also aspirations to be top 6.

Think we won't know until window closes.... its not the fee we pay its the quality ? this usually means cost like wages in particularly for quality free agents lots of them around ... age not a problem as its about promotion not can we re sell them later at a profit.... sure couple of unknown foreign players will come in but have to trust bulut player
selection .