Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Barca Interested in Ex City...

Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:20 am

Barcelona are apparently interested in signing ex city winger Jaden Philogene on loan from Hull City for the upcoming season.

Can't imagine that there's much to it, with it being reported by SportBible.

Re: Barca Interested in Ex City...

Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:38 am

Just goes to show doesn't it, sometimes you really have to speculate to accumulate when the right player is available. He cost 5m didnt he which is a lot of money, especially for Cardiff and its risky with FFP...but look at the potential sell on value if you know the player is special!

Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:59 am

You're right, some times you need to take a chance, and I think 5m for him was worth the risk.

Unfortunately though, we were under a transfer embargo at the time. That being said I don't think we would have signed him anyway, knowing what our board are like.

Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:27 am

All i have read has said Hull City offered him for sale to Barca I have not seen that they are interested in the offer to buy as yet .

Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:56 am

https://www.sportbible.com/football/foo ... 9-20240625

This is the link I read - they report that talks are already underway

Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:05 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/barcelona-transfer-championship-hull-city-jaden-philogene-885289-20240625

This is the link I read - they report that talks are already underway

Thanks Not see. that one

Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:56 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:You're right, some times you need to take a chance, and I think 5m for him was worth the risk.

Unfortunately though, we were under a transfer embargo at the time. That being said I don't think we would have signed him anyway, knowing what our board are like.

Agree .

Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:35 pm

Reported as going to Everton for 16 million on SSN just now

Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:02 pm

If we had signed him then we would probably sell him to Everton for £4m, we’re that crap in the transfer market.