Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The new Sky deal with the EFL means there will be no Champio

Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:26 am

The new Sky deal with the EFL means there will be no Championship games kicking off at 3pm on the opening weekend - all EFL games that weekend will be live on TV or via streaming:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The new Sky deal with the EFL means there will be no Cha

Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:47 pm

How times have changed ...

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:The new Sky deal with the EFL means there will be no Championship games kicking off at 3pm on the opening weekend - all EFL games that weekend will be live on TV or via streaming:

Welcome to my world, Scottish games KOs suit Sky not the fans.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:49 am

This is bad for the real football supporter but I can only see it getting worse over the coming years. Money rules the beautiful game and the EFL and FA don't give a F@#K about proper fans and likes of sky, TNT etc are only interested in the arm chair fan whose season ticket is their remote control.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:55 am

MikeO76 wrote:This is bad for the real football supporter but I can only see it getting worse over the coming years. Money rules the beautiful game and the EFL and FA don't give a F@#K about proper fans and likes of sky, TNT etc are only interested in the arm chair fan whose season ticket is their remote control.

Well said. At this rate we'll have empty stadiums - now that'll look great on TV with zero atmosphere.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Gave up watching it on tv ages ago, bored with most pundits now they have to hit their tick the box targets, Sue Smith is ok she has a bit of passion about the game but the rest just arent really up to it.

Be tidy to see a few league 1 and 2 games, always full bloodied and proper old grounds with a great atmosphere.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:58 pm

I don’t like it either.

But I will say that Sky are paying more than ever to cover EFL football so from their point of view, they will expect more for their money.

The only way it’ll stop is if the clubs say no to the TV money, which isn’t going to happen.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:23 pm

Oh well can only do 3pms..that's my season sorted..shit on the fans

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:49 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:This is bad for the real football supporter but I can only see it getting worse over the coming years. Money rules the beautiful game and the EFL and FA don't give a F@#K about proper fans and likes of sky, TNT etc are only interested in the arm chair fan whose season ticket is their remote control.

Well said. At this rate we'll have empty stadiums - now that'll look great on TV with zero atmosphere.

Be like games when we had covid pandemic with crowd noise introduced.

Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:08 pm

montyblue wrote:
Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:

And teams with parachute payments having a bigger advantage as vlubs less income...
Ps parachute clubs are getting 200m of the efl solidarity payments from premier league...

Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:

And teams with parachute payments having a bigger advantage as vlubs less income...
Ps parachute clubs are getting 200m of the efl solidarity payments from premier league...

What p155ess me off about the parachute payment is when a club gets promoted the following season back to the premier, like Leicester did, where does the remainder of the parachute payment go, back to the fa. It should be shared equally amongst the efl clubs.

Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:16 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:

What p155ess me off about the parachute payment is when a club gets promoted the following season back to the premier, like Leicester did, where does the remainder of the parachute payment go, back to the fa. It should be shared equally amongst the efl clubs.

There is a mechanism for when that happens... but the 200m I quoted can be higher depends on how many clubs gets promoted after relegation .. more clubs in championship with parachute payments more money taken out of efl finances

Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:09 am

It should be all games on the first day of season kick off three o’clock a lot of people I know work on a Saturday finish at twelve then up for the match at three feel for the Sunderland fans travelling all that ok it’s won’t to bad as it’s early season but it’s still a nightmare we have all been there

Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:31 am

I did not renew my season ticket First time in 40 odd years Part of my decision was the sky deal and knowing that so many kick off times will change. I have 120 mile round trip for games and to be honest night games now for me are a bit of a pain as I get older. I was looking forward to the first game and 12.30 kick off has buggered that. I will be at as many games I can get too but I would not get the value from a season ticket anymore

Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:03 am

Abergavenny wrote:I did not renew my season ticket First time in 40 odd years Part of my decision was the sky deal and knowing that so many kick off times will change. I have 120 mile round trip for games and to be honest night games now for me are a bit of a pain as I get older. I was looking forward to the first game and 12.30 kick off has buggered that. I will be at as many games I can get too but I would not get the value from a season ticket anymore

Know how you feel just the thought of driving 112 miles each way at my age is not apealing so as much as can I use train bit longer day but at leadt can relax.... not fare how many games miss because of the staggered start times probably just mean earlier start & late home ... one thing that irritated me is to get paper ticket costs £5 a ticket usually do this if can't go and pass on to friends...

Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:48 am

Not great more drinking after .

Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:50 am

Slowly falling out of love with football and this can only add to that feeling. Never ever thought I'd be saying that. :banghead: