Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Kieron Evans “

Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:03 pm

Kieron Evans has signed a new contract with the bluebirds, putting pen-to-paper on a one-year deal, with the option included for a further year.

Evans has been out on loan the last 2 seasons at Gateshead and Torquay.

The 22-year-old joined the Academy at U8 level, going on to make his First Team debut on September 12th, 2021, coming in a 2-1 victory over Nottingham Forest.

Evans has previously gained experience on loan at Linfield and Torquay United, before spending the second half of the 2023/24 campaign at Gateshead, where he won the FA Trophy.

Speaking to Cardiff City TV, Kieron said: "I'm buzzing. I've been working on it for a while now. I've been at the Club for 12 years now, so extending that for another year is perfect for me.

"Last season at Gateshead helped me a lot. I was really happy to get it over the line in January and I really kicked on.The main goal for me now is to do as well as I can in pre-season."

Re: “ Kieron Evans “

Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:07 pm

:happy1: I am absolutely shocked

At his age he should of made it.

Evans is League 2 at best.

Yet Darren Purse recommended him for a new contract ?

Madness

Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:09 pm

Kieron Evans will be 23 yrs old this year and at best makes lower non league ? ??

Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:12 pm

Yet James Cole we give away??

Hmmm something not right ???

Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote::happy1: I am absolutely shocked

At his age he should of made it.

Evans is League 2 at best.

Yet Darren Purse recommended him for a new contract ?

Madness

Totally agree.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:15 pm

I think Bulut realises the squad was far too thin last season, so this is a deep squad player for me.

Why would Purse have anything to do with Bulut's decision to extend a 22-year-old player with an option for another year? Perhaps they feel there may still a championship player in there?

Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:18 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I think Bulut realises the squad was far too thin last season, so this is a deep squad player for me.

Why would Purse have anything to do with Bulut's decision to extend a 22-year-old player with an option for another year? Perhaps they feel there may still a championship player in there?

Darren Purse decides 100% who stays from U21

That’s a fact , last 2 seasons he decides only from the U21 squad

Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I think Bulut realises the squad was far too thin last season, so this is a deep squad player for me.

That’s a fact , lady 2 seasons he decides only from the U21 squad

I get he decides who goes and stays in the U21s, but surely Evans (22) will be a first-team squad player

Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yet James Cole we give away??

But Crole has only ended up at Penybont, whereas Evans was a very good player in the national league.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:45 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Yet James Cole we give away??

But Crole has only ended up at Penybont, whereas Evans was a very good player in the national league.

Ok

I will say it again Purse decides

Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:16 pm

This is a ridiculous decision. 22 he should have made it.

He's been loaned out to poor sides. What IS the point?

I really don't think this is anything to celebrate in fact it worries me that those I charge really don't have a clue, and, if Bulut was in full agreement, I would be absolutely amazed.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:15 pm

Barclay1 wrote:This is a ridiculous decision. 22 he should have made it.

He's been loaned out to poor sides. What IS the point?

I really don't think this is anything to celebrate in fact it worries me that those I charge really don't have a clue, and, if Bulut was in full agreement, I would be absolutely amazed.

Absolutely spot on Jonny

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:43 am

He can't be on a lot of money , maybe it's more to do with getting some money for him rather than letting him go for free?.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:

That’s a fact , last 2 seasons he decides only from the U21 squad

Is this common practice, or is it just a Cardiff City-ism? Feels arse backwards, doesn't it?

Surely purse leads the presentation to (someone like) Bulut to make the final call? "Sells" the players ability?