Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What do you want to see from Erol Bulut’s team this season?

Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:24 pm

It is well known that all Cardiff City fans hope and expect for a much positive game plan this season.

It is also known that Erol Bulut reads this forum.

So what does that positive game plan look like to you?

This is what I want:

Wingers to play further up the pitch, last season Grant was made to play like a LB most of the time. Showed how good he was when he did get forward.

Also want to see those wingers putting crosses in, instead of always cutting inside.

Attacking midfielders allowed to express themselves more.

A more attacking structure - we don’t need Siopis and Wintle sitting.

Re: What do you want to see from Erol Bulut’s team this seas

Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:49 pm

Beating the Jack's at their place would be a nice start

Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:09 pm

Passion, going forward as if their lives depend on it!

Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:19 pm

Dear Erol, more offensive play, please. Sitting back and waiting to hit on the break is no good at home. Some of the away games are bound to be played that way I'm sure, but even then the fans have paid to travel. Taken time off work etc and deserve better.
We need to be entertained, and every player give his all, that's all we ask. Some of the more recent games have been dire.

Can you watch the jacks celebrate their home win over us?
The game to them is a cup final, we need to have the same mentality. It is VERY, VERY, VERY important to us the fans.
It's all very well you saying you have been in so many local rival games and just talk calmly about it as if it were just another game. IT'S NOT!! Everyone at the club from top to bottom, need to be pumped up for the game. They won almost every loose and 50/50 balls as they wanted it more. THAT SHOULD BE US!!
No excuses this time.

Thank you.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:22 pm

SBF1 wrote:Dear Erol, more offensive play, please. Sitting back and waiting to hit on the break is no good at home. Some of the away games are bound to be played that way I'm sure, but even then the fans have paid to travel. Taken time off work etc and deserve better.
We need to be entertained, and every player give his all, that's all we ask. Some of the more recent games have been dire.

The game to them is a cup final, we need to have the same mentality. It is VERY, VERY, VERY important to us the fans.
It's all very well you saying you have been in so many local rival games and just talk calmly about it as if it were just another game. IT'S NOT!! Everyone at the club from top to bottom, need to be pumped up for the game. They won almost every loose and 50/50 balls as they wanted it more. THAT SHOULD BE US!!
No excuses this time.

Thank you.

To be fair, it was clear to see how much the home derby win meant to the players.

I was in my usual place in Canton that night and saw the emotion on the players’ faces.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:24 pm

Bin 4231 with inverted wingers, its been sussed as demonstrated with teams playing it in the Euro's doing poorly.

343 with wingbacks !! a center forward who can play back to goal and 2 very attacking midfielders/forwards. Just go for it a bit

Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:28 pm

Double post sorry.
Last edited by SBF1 on Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:29 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
SBF1 wrote:Dear Erol, more offensive play, please. Sitting back and waiting to hit on the break is no good at home. Some of the away games are bound to be played that way I'm sure, but even then the fans have paid to travel. Taken time off work etc and deserve better.

No excuses this time.

Thank you.

To be fair, it was clear to see how much the home derby win meant to the players.

I was in my usual place in Canton that night and saw the emotion on the players’ faces.

To be fair, it was clear to see how much the away derby loss meant to our players during the game.
We were gutless. What's the point in playing if we don't try hard enough? We just never turned up! The worst derby I've ever seen us play.
It's two games I want us to at least be firing on all cylinders. Being non-plussed in one of them is not good enough.
:banghead:

Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:48 pm

SBF1 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

No excuses this time.

Thank you.

To be fair, it was clear to see how much the away derby loss meant to our players during the game.
We were gutless. What's the point in playing if we don't try hard enough? We just never turned up! The worst derby I've ever seen us play.
It's two games I want us to at least be firing on all cylinders. Being non-plussed in one of them is not good enough.
:banghead:

That’s fair.

Although would argue that the Solskjaer v Monk game in the PL was much worse.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:04 pm

For the manager to repay us fans by proving he is not a one trick pony and can offer more variety than just that one rigid 4231 tactic of his. More importantly to change to a plan B or C tactic when the game requires it. Show adaptability and better game management. It’s a bit pathetic that someone like me has to say this about an international qualified coach. Worse still his stubborn tactic is incredibly predictable and not entertaining to watch even his fans say this! We haven’t had entertaining offensive football for a very very long time, Haaland would struggle and come deep like Kane is for England in Buluts system.

So more varied tactics
More offensive attacking football particularly at home
No Siopis and Wintle together
Wingers to stop inverting
The no 10 to be closer to the 9
More pace at full back and at 8
Better game management and substitutions
Higher press and intensity
More shots at the keeper!
Get to the bye line!
Entertain us!!!

Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:02 pm

For me if the players he brings in are of high quality I can see a free flowing attack minded set up,

Last season we where crying out for an out and out striker and a very pacey explosive winger, I feel this year we will see a confident attacking side.

But I've been wrong loads of times so this time I hope I'm right

Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:05 am

We need to see a mass improvement from the dyer football we had to suffer last season and that being from the off.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:33 am

tangledupinblue wrote:For the manager to repay us fans by proving he is not a one trick pony and can offer more variety than just that one rigid 4231 tactic of his. More importantly to change to a plan B or C tactic when the game requires it. Show adaptability and better game management. It’s a bit pathetic that someone like me has to say this about an international qualified coach. Worse still his stubborn tactic is incredibly predictable and not entertaining to watch even his fans say this! We haven’t had entertaining offensive football for a very very long time, Haaland would struggle and come deep like Kane is for England in Buluts system.

So more varied tactics
More offensive attacking football particularly at home
No Siopis and Wintle together
Wingers to stop inverting
The no 10 to be closer to the 9
More pace at full back and at 8
Better game management and substitutions
Higher press and intensity
More shots at the keeper!
Get to the bye line!
Entertain us!!!

This is exactly how I feel and what I want, plus 10 x more passion and fight against the jacks home and away...... in fact in every game. If the players show they want to fight for the shirt, the fans will react and the stadium will bounce and we can create a hostile atmosphere at the CCS.

C'mon City :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:34 pm

Attacking football

Attractive football

This so called never give up instead of being hammered

Consistency

And minimum top 6 like promised

This season it won’t be about blaming Tan if things go wrong it will be blaming Bulut even more as he knew what he was like to work for and if we do well and get promotion then Bulut will be get all the praise in the world.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:21 pm

I want to see us look dangerous, score goals, and home form that makes it difficult for teams to come here

No more inverted wingers, no more playing backwards.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:02 pm

Pace of pacing and intent in everything we do.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:12 pm

Goals

Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:59 pm

Stop passing it sideways & backwards, try going forward & when we get a corner or free kick around the penalty area the last place I want to see the ball going is backwards until it reaches our keeper. Oh & stop with the faffing around at the back when there are a few minutes to go & we're losing, get the ball forward FFS.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:01 pm

Route one direct football. Get it up to the big man

Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:09 pm

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:Goals

This. Simply, more goals!

Also, don't be so soft and a pushover. Make teams earn their points.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:33 pm

No more
"heartless performances"
our last home game
and travelling away to the last game of the season to be thrashed by the team rotherham who dropped down to league 1
undestanding what the fans want not just the manager paying hard earned cash to pay to watch spinless performances
players tend to forget they are representing us the fans our club our city .

Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:00 pm

Erol rip down the posters of Southgate from your wall. He has more talent at his disposal than you could ever dream of but you both have the same drab, safe, predictable, slow, unadventurous, of fcuk we need to go balls out in injury time to steal results end product. Its over, nobody plays 4231 inverted anymore !!!!

Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Attacking football

Attractive football

This so called never give up instead of being hammered

Consistency

And minimum top 6 like promised

This season it won’t be about blaming Tan if things go wrong it will be blaming Bulut even more as he knew what he was like to work for and if we do well and get promotion then Bulut will be get all the praise in the world.

Agree with you Annis.

Win games more comfortably rather than knicking a win having been battered all game.

If we lose let it be in a close game, not getting beaten regularly by at least two goals and smashed by garbage like a relegated Rotherham.