Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Serdar Dursun

Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:16 am

Alot of talking on twitter by Turkish media and fans alike that dursun a firm favourite of bulut is on his way to Cardiff?

Serdar Dursun's contract with Fenerbahçe has ended
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Serdar Dursun

Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:37 am

kyle08 wrote:Alot of talking on twitter by Turkish media and fans alike that dursun a firm favourite of bulut is on his way to Cardiff?

What position does he play? :bluebird:

Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:40 am

sir ninian wrote:
kyle08 wrote:Alot of talking on twitter by Turkish media and fans alike that dursun a firm favourite of bulut is on his way to Cardiff?

What position does he play? :bluebird:

Striker. Has a pretty good goals to games ratio and looks good on the dreaded YouTube. lol

Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:44 am

Would be a positive start. We are crying out for better quality up front. We wont get many goals from Meite, Etete. Robinson may come good but when off the radar last year. Hopefully we can get some deals done sooner rather than later

Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:55 am

He is 33 in October. Sounds like a classic Bulut signing.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:58 am

5 years younger, yes, but not at 33 surely

Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:01 am

He's not contracted to Fenerbache

He left there in 2023 and was only on loan there end of last season

Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:10 am

Although I agree with the posts above regarding age, his goal scoring stats look decent and he will/may be better than our current options

Look at Vardy last season scoring the goals

If Dursun can score the goals to get us out of the Championship then I'm all for it

Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:44 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Although I agree with the posts above regarding age, his goal scoring stats look decent and he will/may be better than our current options

If Dursun can score the goals to get us out of the Championship then I'm all for it

Exactly. Unfortunately there’s negatives in just about every player if you look for them.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:46 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Although I agree with the posts above regarding age, his goal scoring stats look decent and he will/may be better than our current options

Exactly. Unfortunately there’s negatives in just about every player if you look for them.

2yr contract at most if price is right...

Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:51 am

Sadly our record with strikers aged 30+ has largely been totally underwhelming. We've signed absolutely hopeless has-beens such as: Lambert, Fowler, Odemwinke, to name just three!

We must do better than these aging cast offs FFS!

Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:57 am

He may be 33 in October, but his record is good.

There are many strikers out there who have continued scoring into their later years.

Hell, everyone raves about Ramsay coming back to us - where was the age critics then?

Would I like a younger squad? Of course. But we ALREADY HAVE young strikers in Etete (useless) and Davies (not really proven at championship level)

If its a true rumour, give the guy a chance.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:01 am

Don't mind this so long as it's only a 1 yr contract and he plays back up to another striker we are hopefully looking to bring in.

Makes no sense otherwise. Signing an unheard of 33 year old isn't planning for the future. It's barely planning for now

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:09 am

Roath_Blue wrote:He may be 33 in October, but his record is good.

There are many strikers out there who have continued scoring into their later years.

Hell, everyone raves about Ramsay coming back to us - where was the age critics then?

Would I like a younger squad? Of course. But we ALREADY HAVE young strikers in Etete (useless) and Davies (not really proven at championship level)

Be honest here though - when was the last occasion City signed a successful striker aged 30+ who knocked in the goals for us?? I think you'll struggle to name one!

We need some ambition and some money needs to be spent for once in a crucial position.

You've made an apple and pears comparison: Rambo is a world class midfielder and club icon. Who the heck is Serdar Dursun!? I mean, it's not an exciting prospect for me and thus might show the kind of bargain basement market we're still competing in.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:10 am

I think we need 2 no 9's.Him and Moore would be nice. This over 30 stuff is nonsense these days.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:32 am

Who was happy when helguson signed for us in malkys helm and he scored some pretty important goals to take us up, in fact I think he was our top scorer wasn't he

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:39 am

danielrees17 wrote:Who was happy when helguson signed for us in malkys helm and he scored some pretty important goals to take us up, in fact I think he was our top scorer wasn't he

Fantastic shout that mate! I remember he broke his nose and teeth and he carried on ? Not sure if it was againts qpr, he was massive for us I really liked him

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:44 am

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:

Be honest here though - when was the last occasion City signed a successful striker aged 30+ who knocked in the goals for us?? I think you'll struggle to name one!

We need some ambition and some money needs to be spent for once in a crucial position.

You've made an apple and pears comparison: Rambo is a world class midfielder and club icon. Who the heck is Serdar Dursun!? I mean, it's not an exciting prospect for me and thus might show the kind of bargain basement market we're still competing in.

So unless we spend couple million on every signing we are looking in bargain basement for players? He's one player only need around 10 to make squad up? The team he played for not exactly div 2 standard ... so bit disingenuous to call him bargain basement player . Time will tell on standards of out signings when window closes

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:52 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

If he chips in to get us to the prem fair enough how old is ronanldo?

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:59 am

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:

I am being honest mate, he might not be well known but ultimately, he scores goals as his record proves.

We have signed many under 30 strikers who never made it here also - I can list about a dozen off the top of my head.

He has played at a decent level, fenerbache aren't exactly havant and Waterlooville.

Not many knew who Goutas was before we signed him, and he's been pretty good!

Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:07 pm

Hope bulut looks elsewhere we cannot have a turkish 11 and places for the boys though.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:22 pm

montyblue wrote:Hope bulut looks elsewhere we cannot have a turkish 11 and places for the boys though.

Monty most managers try get in players they know who will help get across what he wants look at warnock? It's just a base to start from hull manager did it and they did ok last season maybe its what was missing for us playing wise... but your right need a broad spectrum of players and hopefully bulut will have means to get in experienced players .. and youngsters on loan with something to prove.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:32 pm

montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Young strikers price come at a premium with no garauntees... he's a free transfer plays at good standard better than some of recent signings every player you sign as risk regarding being a success.... even your favourite KM could bomb if he signs....
It's only the start plenty of time to get in players to fit the jigsaw ..... and must remember it's all about getting in players to implement buluts style not how much they cost.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Young strikers price come at a premium with no garauntees... he's a free transfer plays at good standard better than some of recent signings every player you sign as risk regarding being a success.... even your favourite KM could bomb if he signs....
It's only the start plenty of time to get in players to fit the jigsaw ..... and must remember it's all about getting in players to implement buluts style not how much they cost.

…plus EB knows him.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:12 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

…plus EB knows him.

All managers sighn favourites it's the basis of how their team plays so nothing unusual or out of place bulut doing this.

Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:17 am

Good record and experienced pro always a gamble could younger players improve, all cliches I know but sometimes it pays off just not for us