Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cardiff are playing in Austria ‘

Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:56 am

Cardiff are playing in Salzburg, 2 & a half hrs from Vienna by Train.

They will play two games there.

Cardiff head over to Austria between July 19 and July 26.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cardiff are playing in Austria ‘

Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:26 am

However, the club have confirmed four domestic pre-season games either side of that tour, starting with their first game against Kidderminster Harriers at Cardiff International Sports Campus in Leckwith on Wednesday, July 10, at 7.30pm.

Cardiff City v KV Kortrijk: Cardiff International Sports Campus – Saturday, July 13, 12pm.

The final game before City head off to Austria will be against Cymru Premier side Penybont FC, again in Leckwith, on Tuesday, July 16 at 7.30pm.

After the tour, Cardiff come back and play against Reading at Cardiff City Stadium on Wednesday, July 31 at 7.30pm.

Cardiff City v Penybont FC: Cardiff International Sports Campus – Tuesday, July 16, 7.30pm.

Tour to Austria – Friday, July 19 to Friday, July 26. Fixtures to be announced

Cardiff City v Reading: Cardiff City Stadium – Wednesday, July 31, 7.30pm.

Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:28 am

Great City to see if you don’t want to spend all your none football time in a bar. Short bus trip to Hitlers mountain home All very interesting The scenery is amazing . Prices were not as expensive as I thought they would be and found food and drink similar to UK . One thing that was strange is that many places only accept cash and card payment is not as widely accepted as in UK

Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:35 am

Do you know when they have the dates for games in Salzburg ? Need to book it

Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:51 am

Richy roofer ccfc wrote:Do you know when they have the dates for games in Salzburg ? Need to book it

Richy,

This is how unprofessional our owners are etc

They have made us wait this long and still not confirmed the dates of the two matches.

Unfair on the fans, No consideration, No league clubs are run better.

Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:52 am

Abergavenny wrote:Great City to see if you don’t want to spend all your none football time in a bar. Short bus trip to Hitlers mountain home All very interesting The scenery is amazing . Prices were not as expensive as I thought they would be and found food and drink similar to UK . One thing that was strange is that many places only accept cash and card payment is not as widely accepted as in UK

I love doing history places

My last visit to Austria was 1992 Admira Wacka v Cardiff City

Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:Great City to see if you don’t want to spend all your none football time in a bar. Short bus trip to Hitlers mountain home All very interesting The scenery is amazing . Prices were not as expensive as I thought they would be and found food and drink similar to UK . One thing that was strange is that many places only accept cash and card payment is not as widely accepted as in UK

Then you will love Salzburg The hill are alive with the sound of music. It is a very walkable city as well

Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Richy roofer ccfc wrote:Do you know when they have the dates for games in Salzburg ? Need to book it

Richy,

This is how unprofessional our owners are etc

They have made us wait this long and still not confirmed the dates of the two matches.

Unfair on the fans, No consideration, No league clubs are run better.

Yes Annis it’s baffling , sooner they’re gone the better , desperate to get bak in premier league now so they can sell up ,
Anyway looking forward to seeing Salzburg and some sun :bluebird:

Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:07 pm

hopefully play salzburg in their stadium be a good test, 5 of us going 22nd from luton

Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:55 pm

As someone who does the pre season tour every year Annis I brought this up at the SLO meeting this week and apparently the delay in announcing the games is down to agents trying to tie up agreements between the various clubs. There are something like 10-12 clubs out there at the same time. I have spoken to the Feyenoord boys they are out there but still waiting like us for the games to be confirmed. We are desperate to book our flights and hotels but reluctant to book anything until the games are confirmed and where they are being played. At the moment we are looking to stay in and around Saltzburg. Hopefully something confirmed in the next couple of days.

Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,I came back last Sunday from a driving tour of Northern France, Germany, Austria including Salzburg & Vienna, Slovenia, Northern Italy, over the Alps and back up through France. Driving from Vienna to Slovenia, I drove past Admira Wacka's stadium, and remembered when we played them all them years ago. Maybe a trip back over there is called for :lol:

Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Its the only proper way to see the world . Footy ,beer ,scenery.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:36 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Then you will love Salzburg The hill are alive with the sound of music. It is a very walkable city as well

I wish now, but Sadly they’ve messed us around way to much and late, I can’t now go nor many other fans I know with families.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:38 pm

BLUE54 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,I came back last Sunday from a driving tour of Northern France, Germany, Austria including Salzburg & Vienna, Slovenia, Northern Italy, over the Alps and back up through France. Driving from Vienna to Slovenia, I drove past Admira Wacka's stadium, and remembered when we played them all them years ago. Maybe a trip back over there is called for :lol:

Fair play you’ve just done well hell of an adventure, fair play.

I was ready to book and fly over, but they’ve left it to late, so I’ve booked two trips back in August to Cardiff.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:38 pm

New Day Rising wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Its the only proper way to see the world . Footy ,beer ,scenery.

Agreed