Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VAR, bloody ridiculous now

Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:11 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... 943e4wyj2o

Re: VAR, bloody ridiculous now

Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:32 pm

Thought the officials in general had a terrible game overall.

Only right thing was the game being halted due to the lightning

Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:34 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Thought the officials in general had a terrible game overall.

The officials on the pitch did not make the decisions that changed the game or do you mean there were other decisions that the officials messed up because I can't remember there being anything of note.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:34 pm

Igovernor wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cy943e4wyj2o

Roger uefa confirmed today that the penalty was given because their technology "snickometer " showed ball touched his hand and that is a penalty regardless of how close he was or where is hand was? or putting it another way technology gave penalty not referee ... soon have games refereed from a sofa in the stands...... a total fck up with rules by ifab and uefa....

Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:08 pm

It’s not VAR that’s the issue, it’s the ridiculous handball and minute offside rules brought into the game.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:15 pm

I've always said var would be fine if the offside rule was daylight between players. As for handball when clearly not intentional and in a lot of cases unavoidable I'd say leave it to referee on the field some you get some you don't.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Roger uefa confirmed today that the penalty was given because their technology "snickometer " showed ball touched his hand and that is a penalty regardless of how close he was or where is hand was? or putting it another way technology gave penalty not referee ... soon have games refereed from a sofa in the stands...... a total fck up with rules by ifab and uefa....

Allan this is unbelievable a pen shoud be as it alway has been "Deliberate"
I hope VAR will come back to bite every premier club on the arse, who voted to keep VAR except Wolves who wanted it abolished!
It is ruining the game :banghead:

Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:37 pm

Yet the Premier league had the chance to get rid and they bottled it

Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:41 pm

Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan this is unbelievable a pen shoud be as it alway has been "Deliberate"
I hope VAR will come back to bite every premier club on the arse, who voted to keep VAR except Wolves who wanted it abolished!
It is ruining the game :banghead:

System they're using is coming in during season so whilst offside will still be decided by toe as seen ladt night decision will ge quicker.... as for handball uefa decree common sense is abolished only time its not a penalty is if it comes off players body before hitting arm other than that penalty is always given ... last night's wouldn't be given in England but that will end next season.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:57 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:Thought the officials in general had a terrible game overall.

The officials on the pitch did not make the decisions that changed the game or do you mean there were other decisions that the officials messed up because I can't remember there being anything of note.

I felt he had a bad game all over.

The first Germany goal for example.

Clearly I'm not going to list all, hell I don't even remember most of them. I do remember thinking what a bad showing from the officials though