Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ 16 yrs old and pure class “

Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:04 am

It just shows as I’ve said and many others keep saying if your good enough age does not matter:

Glen Williams / Media Wales and a few others keep saying oh our 20, 21, 22 and 23 year olds are still kids and not ready yet for the first team etc etc :lol: :lol:

We need to still get rid and stop adding to players that will not make it if Cardiff City really want to progress

3 yrs ago The Media and Dalman said we had 12 class 19,20,21,22,23 yr olds all young and the future and not one made it, we should stop this, if they are not making it at the latest 20 yrs old in our match day squads then 99% of the time def not going to make it and our team will be weak or back up.

Last Night Spain Euros

Playing for Spain, playing in the Euros and scoring in the Euros

Spain's second goal was scored by Fabian Ruiz 16 yrs old , his second of the tournament, but it was really all about 16-year-old Lamine Yamal. First, Yamal had won a free kick on the edge of the Georgia box, taken it himself, and forced an excellent save from Mamardashvili.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ 16 yrs old and pure class “

Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:10 am

Sign him up Erol.

Needs to work on the defensive side of his game :thumbup:

Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:26 am

He is a once in a generation player Like your Giggs and Rooney. But 100% right if you are not a regular first team player by the age of 21/22 the likelihood of you being a very good player at championship or above is diminished drastically. There will always be someone who proves people wrong but few and far between
We should expect more of our so called kids and get rid of them sooner rather than keeping them on. Harsh but this is professional football

Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:28 am

He was outstanding a deserved a goal of his own.

Spain have some team and are a real contender to win the tournament, big game against Germany next.

But whatever happens, they will be a force for many years to come and Yamal will be a big part of that.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:38 am

Yes lads you either have got it or you haven’t there are very few exceptions

He’s just finished his Spanish School exams, 16 yrs old.

So when they keep saying at 20, 21,22 and 23 yrs old they are still kids and need time, Sorry Bullshit.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:39 am

Abergavenny wrote:He is a once in a generation player Like your Giggs and Rooney. But 100% right if you are not a regular first team player by the age of 21/22 the likelihood of you being a very good player at championship or above is diminished drastically. There will always be someone who proves people wrong but few and far between
We should expect more of our so called kids and get rid of them sooner rather than keeping them on. Harsh but this is professional football

I agree,

But as you say as well by 21 yrs old if your not a regular in City’s team move them out.

We keep them because they make up the numbers and they are cheap.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:40 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:He was outstanding a deserved a goal of his own.

Spain have some team and are a real contender to win the tournament, big game against Germany next.

But whatever happens, they will be a force for many years to come and Yamal will be a big part of that.

Ned,

I said when I watched them beat N.Ireland 5-1, should of been 10/1 Spain have real quality.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:41 am

davids wrote:Sign him up Erol.

We need to play our best youngsters this season from the start and clear out the deadwood.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

We need to play our best youngsters this season from the start and clear out the deadwood.

heres a question for you Annis, say now you were told, we can play our youngsters, and with a full season behind them, they will kick on and do good for us, but we finish 10th in the league, or we don't play them, their development suffers and never really make a career at Cardiff, but we make the play offs ? which one would you take

i think Erol is in a tough situation at the moment, he's been told we have to achieve top 6, which i think personally is ridiculous but thats what he's been told. now most of the youngsters haven't really had a chance yet, he now has to decide to experiment with some of the youngsters, knowing we might lose games because of it, or play fully experienced side in the hopes they will go out and do the job.

this is why i hate the board setting targets. just tell the man, look, keep building, improve on last season, he will probably experiement with the academy alot more

Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:36 pm

If this lad was at Cardiff he'd be on loan at Ton Pentre by now.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:22 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

heres a question for you Annis, say now you were told, we can play our youngsters, and with a full season behind them, they will kick on and do good for us, but we finish 10th in the league, or we don't play them, their development suffers and never really make a career at Cardiff, but we make the play offs ? which one would you take

i think Erol is in a tough situation at the moment, he's been told we have to achieve top 6, which i think personally is ridiculous but thats what he's been told. now most of the youngsters haven't really had a chance yet, he now has to decide to experiment with some of the youngsters, knowing we might lose games because of it, or play fully experienced side in the hopes they will go out and do the job.

this is why i hate the board setting targets. just tell the man, look, keep building, improve on last season, he will probably experiement with the academy alot more

Of course if it was guaranteed the play offs without the youngsters I would take that, but for me Colwill brothers , Ashford, Conti
these four youngsters are better than plenty of others in the squad and look like only getting better so I would expect them all to be in the first team squad from the beginning.

Giles , not sure yet?

Yes he has a tough job Bulut, but he’s agreed to take it on

The biggest part for me will be, will they really back him with big money for quality players ? ?

I am also fed up of us making out we have an abundance of quality always coming through, when the majority of the time it’s pure bulshit and we keep so many of these players all because they are cheap that’s the truth.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:23 pm

davids wrote:If this lad was at Cardiff he'd be on loan at Ton Pentre by now.

:lol:

Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:55 pm

He is something else.

They also have Gavi and Neco Williams, another two brilliant youngsters.

Just goes to show what happens when you believe in, and trust the youngsters.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:06 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:He is something else.

They also have Gavi and Neco Williams, another two brilliant youngsters.

Just goes to show what happens when you believe in, and trust the youngsters.

Correct and not keeping them away from the first team at the ages of 20,21 & 22 if they are supposedly so good as we were being told.