Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut : “This will be different this season”

Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:14 pm

Erol Bulut:

"Last season was a difficult season for Cardiff.”

"We didn't have a chance to make transfers because of an embargo, we could take only free players in the market.”

"Everybody seen that with no budget, we made really good transfers last season.”

“I had no real budget to play with last season, this season coming , I have been told I will be fully backed.”

“Maybe everyone thought that we would get relegated, but our team showed character last season and we finished mid-table.”

“For a few weeks we were in the play-offs and we were really pushing for the play-offs. With a little bit of luck, three wins more, we could have been in the play-offs.”

“This coming of season will be different.”

"Of course, this season our targets are different. My team, my players know what we have to deliver this season to get minimum into the play-offs and that will be the target for this season."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut : “This will be different this season”

Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:20 pm

I often gave Bulut the benefit of the doubt last season and stuck up for him when he was being criticised by others.

That was tough at times, I was at Rotherham on the final day.

I supported him and gave him the benefit of the doubt because he could only sign free transfers and loans in the summer, didn’t get the early backing he should have in January and it was his first season working and living in the UK.

But this season he has to have us properly competing for the top six, no excuses. If he doesn’t do that then he will rightly be under pressure.

The fans will also expect to see a much better style of football, with the team taking the game to the opposition - especially at home.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I often gave Bulut the benefit of the doubt last season and stuck up for him when he was being criticised by others.

I supported him and gave him the benefit of the doubt because he could only sign free transfers and loans in the summer, didn’t get the early backing he should have in January and it was his first season working and living in the UK.

But this season he has to have us properly competing for the top six, no excuses. If he doesn’t do that then he will rightly be under pressure.

The fans will also expect to see a much better style of football, with the team taking the game to the opposition - especially at home.

Ned,

Tan has to deliver by backing Bulut fully and Bulut has deliver in my view at least 4th place the way he has talked the last 3 weeks and be up there all the time.

I thought he finished of the season a disgrace.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I often gave Bulut the benefit of the doubt last season and stuck up for him when he was being criticised by others.

Worcester

I to was at that rotherham game the worse performance in 5 seasons for me

Bulut is talking the talk at the moment with transfers

leeds have just signed rodon for 10 million
Probably more than our whole transfer budget

Bulut should be careful builing us fans up making out he has full backing but he fails to mention its still a budget
we are not going to sign players for 5/10 million and lets be honest we are not going to be doing an ipswich either

so a lot of fans could come down with a bump when reality hits home that its much the same backing on a budget from mr tan .

Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:09 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:51 pm

montyblue wrote:

Worcester

Bulut should be careful builing us fans up making out he has full backing but he fails to mention its still a budget
we are not going to sign players for 5/10 million and lets be honest we are not going to be doing an ipswich either

so a lot of fans could come down with a bump when reality hits home that its much the same backing on a budget from mr tan .

Leeds are massive favourites to go up this season but if they don’t they will be in massive trouble financially. These days it doesn’t seem to matter who owns who, as the EFL financial restrictions are so rigid

Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:17 pm

Sven wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Worcester

Leeds are massive favourites to go up this season but if they don’t they will be in massive trouble financially. These days it doesn’t seem to matter who owns who, as the EFL financial restrictions are so rigid

Yes i thought might come into it at some point but i think there leeds young gray is going to spurs to balance things.
But there gambling they go up
bit like villa did a few seasons back and look where they ended up gamble paid off.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:20 am

I think our manager is going to find out how tough the Championship is this coming season. The difference may well be he won't be quite as fortunate..

Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:00 am

If erol is fully backed I can see us getting automatic, hes right in what he's saying we got freebies and loans and did very well considering the circumstances.

I think we will see a completely new way of playing I'm feeling positive, but and a big but we need to spend on quality

Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, I agree with you that Tan has to back Bulut and also that Bulut needs to prove he can do the job with full backing.

I don't however agree with the MUST finish top 4. Top 6 is a reasonable target with full backing.

We must remember that we are worlds away from the likes of Leeds and Burnley, and even Hull to a certain extent

Ned,

Tan has to deliver by backing Bulut fully and Bulut has deliver in my view at least 4th place the way he has talked the last 3 weeks and be up there all the time.

I thought he finished of the season a disgrace.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:41 pm

Even if he is 'fully backed' I sense failure. More so now he is trying to raise expectations for us with talk like that, I find this bizarre, And even more so as I saw way to much naivety, stubbornness and rigidness last season. If that continues I think the championship will swallow him up, man I hope Im wrong. It really was a disgraceful end to that season with some of the worst football I have ever seen in the championship..

Good luck Erol your going to need it, make me eat my words