Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you be happy with Thierry Henry as the new Wales manager?

You may select 1 option

View results

“ Would you be happy with Thierry Henry as Wales manager? “

Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:44 pm

Personally, I think it’s worth taking a gamble on Henry.

It’s a different type of appointment and I have always favoured a foreign manager coming in.

It seems that Craig Bellamy has decided not to be the next Wales manager. Osian Roberts has also said it won’t be him.

The remaining leading candidate is Thierry Henry and all signs point towards him getting the job.

Would you be happy with that?

He is currently in charge of the French U21 team, including being the manager for the Olympics in Paris that is coming up - so he would have to take over after then.

Previously he had spells in charge of Monaco and Montreal. He struggled with Monaco but did well in the MLS before leaving as he missed his home in London.

Re: “ Would you be happy with Thierry Henry as Wales manager

Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:48 pm

Seeming that Bellamy and Roberts have turned the job down, maybe Henry is the next choice. Either way, he has to be better than Page and will hopefully give us exciting football.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:49 pm

Yes but needs a good no2 as he will continue his commercial ventures like giggs did... nothing ventured nothing gained by getting him in anything better ghan page

Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:00 pm

Not to fussed on
our french henry
That might just delay my red wall membership after giggs left and page took over and never renewed under page our henry does fill me with exitment either reading his CV so far.

Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:01 pm

"Does not"

Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:11 am

What Managerial experience will he bring?

It's a no for me, free trail for him, can't see what we'd get other than a famous ex-player giving the managerial lark a go.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:48 am

Bluebina wrote:What Managerial experience will he bring?

It's a no for me, free trail for him, can't see what we'd get other than a famous ex-player giving the managerial lark a go.

More managerial experience than Bellamy to be fair.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:05 pm

Henry has always seemed small minded and petty, loves himself and he's not Welsh or even British. I bet he's terrible.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:46 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Seeming that Bellamy and Roberts have turned the job down, maybe Henry is the next choice. Either way, he has to be better than Page and will hopefully give us exciting football.

Agreed.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Yes but Bellamy is Welsh and has a good idea of the set up and some assistant Manager experience in the Premier League and Championship and would know most of the players.

Bellamy is the man for the job, Henry would be a disaster.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:08 pm

Bluebina wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Yes but Bellamy is Welsh and has a good idea of the set up and some assistant Manager experience in the Premier League and Championship and would know most of the players.

Bellamy is the man for the job, Henry would be a disaster.

With all due respect, based on what?

He did his badges under the FAW, has managed Monaco, and will also know a lot of the players. Just because he hasn't managed in the PL doesn't mean anything.

Pep and Klopp hadn't managed in the PL at one point.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:52 pm

I don't care where the new manager is from as long as we're playing better football than the last couple of years.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:13 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:I don't care where the new manager is from as long as we're playing better football than the last couple of years.

I voted no to this pole, because I hadn't seen that Bellamy and Roberts had turned it down at the time.

I do think he's the next best case, I don't want Mark Hughes here again.

Him being foreign makes no difference in my eyes either.

A lot of our players were born in England, and like you say, if the football gets better, who cares.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:14 pm

Yes, commands respect and worth a shot.