Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cody Drameh

Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:14 pm

Cody Drameh is officially a free agent; as #LUFC have received no response to the contract offer they sent him.

He has been linked with a move to multiple clubs including former loan clubs Luton, Cardiff and Birmingham.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cody Drameh

Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:16 pm

Please no.

If we’re serious about top six then we need better than Drameh. There’s a reason Leeds don’t want him.

He was terrible for Birmingham.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:27 pm

Please yes.

Everyone was poor for Brum even Jordon James looked ordinary

Only 2 seasons ago he saved our arse.

If we were to get him it would tell me we are going wingbacks, as he was an attacking threat. Not sure he'd get ahead of Ng at right-back but a better attacking option as a wingback.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:40 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Please yes.

If we were to get him it would tell me we are going wingbacks, as he was an attacking threat. Not sure he'd get ahead of Ng at right-back but a better attacking option as a wingback.

Based on last time for us defo yes, I haven't followed him since mind.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:50 pm

That was two seasons ago.

Kev McNaughton did a good job for us but I also wouldn’t want him playing at RB next season.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:59 pm

It's a yes from me, if we intend playing wing backs. Not sure he would be free as Leeds have offered him a contract and because of his age they would be entitled to compensation. Love the Kevin McNaughton comparison LMAO!

Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Please no.

If we’re serious about top six then we need better than Drameh. There’s a reason Leeds don’t want him.

He was terrible for Birmingham.

To be fair leeds offered him a contract and he wanted out, personally if he's cheap I'm all for it he's rapid and with the right confidence he will be amazing for us

Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Kev McNaughton did a good job for us but I also wouldn’t want him playing at RB next season.

Would you want KM back then? That was also a fair few seasons ago.

I'd take Drameh on a free, he was good for us.

That brum team was terrible in general.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:13 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

I'd take super Kev back, he'd do ok as well as our full backs barely crossed half way last season ;)

Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:33 pm

Cody wouldn’t be any good as a full back in a Bulut team because defensively he’s not that great

However, if we played with wing backs next season he would be a big asset and a very good signing

Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:17 pm

Anyone saying no to Drameh on a free transfer needs to give their head a wobble

Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:20 pm

Cody was class for us , it’s a big f*cking yes from me , he enjoyed being in the city too

Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:41 pm

Definitely gives 110% on a free would be a no brainer

Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:09 pm

I would love to have him back, him and ODowda as wing backs would be class. I have a feeling whoever gets him will have to pay a compensation fee as he was offered terms by Leeds..

Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:32 pm

I'd take him back for sure

Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:30 am

He would not be on a free, in the rules if a player of a certain age is offered a new contract then the club would be entitled to compensation.
If they did not offer him a contract, then he would be available on a free :thumbup:

Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:26 am

Definitely a yes from me and especially now as he will have a point to prove although I haven't really been tracking him.

He was the only player we had for quite a while that when he received the ball and went on a run, everybody would get off their seats and stand, it was infectious and I think he'd be a great addition to us. Plus I do believe that he did enjoy his time here too.

Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:49 am

It's a big fat yes from me.

Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:01 am

Worcester is the only one going head over heart in this thread :laughing6: Spot on, if we want to look up, not down

I'm so torn as he was so good for us. Been very much a journeyman since.

Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:41 am

I thought he was really good for Luton when they got promoted, so he’s had one bad year with Brum where the whole football club was a mess..
I guess it depends how much the compensation will be whether this represents value for money

Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:40 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Kev McNaughton did a good job for us but I also wouldn’t want him playing at RB next season.[/quote

Hey Worcester - super Kev is around 40 years old though isn't he!? Cody in this 20s! Obviously, you wouldn't bring back a retired full back would you? :-)

Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:56 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Kev McNaughton did a good job for us but I also wouldn’t want him playing at RB next season.[/quote

Hey Worcester - super Kev is around 40 years old though isn't he!? Cody in this 20s! Obviously, you wouldn't bring back a retired full back would you? :-)

Also got different manager that will make a difference to how he'll play so well worth a punt..