A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CARDIFF CITY SIGN FOUR TALENTS “

Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:00 pm

Says Glen Williams

CARDIFF CITY TODAY HAVE SIGNED FOUR NEW TALENTS

Ex Southampton and Norwich players

By Glen Williams

Thursday 4th July 2024

Cardiff have looked to strengthen their attacking department both at senior and under-21s level this summer, with the club announcing the signing for forwards Michael Reindorf and Luke Pearce.

The Club would like to welcome goalkeeper Ewan Griffiths, midfielder Adeteye Gbadehan, as well as attackers Michael Reindorf and Luke Pearce to the Welsh capital.

All free agents

Goalkeeper Ewan Griffith’s aged 18 released by Swansea this month.

Striker Luke Pearce aged 20 released by Southampton, made 22 appearances for Southampton U21’s in the last 2 seasons.
Was sent out on loan to Weston Supermare and Torquay.

Midfielder Michael Reindorf aged 19 released by Norwich City had joined Kettering Town in a short-term loan deal last season.

Cardiff have also confirmed the capture of midfielder Adeteye Gbadehan, who will be 20 yrs old this year.
The box-to-box was released by Port Vale at the end of last season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY SIGN FOUR TALENTS “

Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:10 pm

Great, released by the Jack's, released by Port Vale.

Fills me with a world of confidence

Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:12 pm

I really don’t understand why we are signing players who have been released from other clubs at an early age. What are we seeing in them that other clubs are not.
Yes I am sure there will be some who will prove clubs wrong but the improvement will have to be massive

Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:22 pm

there is nothing in any of their careers to date to suggest that they are of Championship quality and they're not exactly "youngsters".

However, let's hope they develop quickly into first team players otherwise what's the point?

Welcome lads and good luck to all of you.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:22 pm

Here we go again more cast offs, rejects and Williams describes them as Southampton and Norwich players, f*cking hell

Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:30 pm

And don’t forget we’ve resigned Kieron Evans and Tom Davies

I do expect at least 6 Quality first team players to be Signed, to make the Top 2 / 6 this season.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:35 pm

We need decent players not this.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:39 pm

The big rebuild begins i did say on another thread who was going to be buluts 1st signing a wow or and underwhelming ffs a top 2 or 6 this should boost the season ticket sales.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:40 pm

Sometimes players need a change of environment to kick start their careers.... but on outside looks like odd set of sighnings time will tell if it works.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:43 pm

montyblue wrote:The big rebuild begins i did say on another thread who was going to be buluts 1st signing a wow or and underwhelming ffs a top 2 or 6 this should boost the season ticket sales.

Yes only another 10 to go to fill squad up! But not sure these four are going to be in starting 11 at start season ..... but undoubtedly others see them as our main targets. :lol:

Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:02 pm

I don't understand a few of these signings recently

We offered a new contract which was accepted to Matt Turner - GK
We have signed Joe Thomas to a professional contract - GK
We have signed Luke Armstrong to a professional contract - GK
We have moved for free agent Ewan Griffiths - GK

Those 4 plus Alnwick and Horvath mean we have 6 keepers over our first and u21 teams.

Jacob Dennis is also listed on our u21 page on the website who would be GK number 7.

Waste of money a little bit?

Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:11 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I don't understand a few of these signings recently

We offered a new contract which was accepted to Matt Turner - GK
We have signed Joe Thomas to a professional contract - GK
We have signed Luke Armstrong to a professional contract - GK
We have moved for free agent Ewan Griffiths - GK

Those 4 plus Alnwick and Horvath mean we have 6 keepers over our first and u21 teams.

Jacob Dennis is also listed on our u21 page on the website who would be GK number 7.

Waste of money a little bit?

Dont think they've done it on a whim must be a rationale for doing this..... can't see it but there again not privvy to the workings of club... you suspect bulut as input so unless people think he hasn't got a clue what he's doing will have to trust him . :o

Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:16 pm

Does anyone on here really believe these lads are a sign of our lack of ambition for the forthcoming season ? I don't for one minute and can't understand why anyone would get so worked up about it.

I'm sure more inspiring signings will arrive in due course, so let's be patient.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:22 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:Does anyone on here really believe these lads are a sign of our lack of ambition for the forthcoming season ? I don't for one minute and can't understand why anyone would get so worked up about it.

I'm sure more inspiring signings will arrive in due course, so let's be patient.

We will 100% be signing some good talented loan players and to be fair have done in previous seasons.

Even if these players never get near our first team, I don’t see the point of signing them when we have an abundance of talent at 16, 17,18 year olds coming through and need to play week in week out for U21’s.

I personally think our first team needs 6 quality signings to add to our first team to make the Top 2 / 6.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:23 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:Does anyone on here really believe these lads are a sign of our lack of ambition for the forthcoming season ? I don't for one minute and can't understand why anyone would get so worked up about it.

Put out earlier no matter what club does or who they sign someone will not he happy for some reason... need to wait until start season see whats developed only then can people make a real assessment not making minds up that club lack ambition without full knowledge of which players brought in or not as case may be..

Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:28 pm

Relax guys, just building the U23 and making a push competitively at that level.

The main concern is needing more players progressing from a lower age group the the next. Seems to be lacking there which is why they are going external.

Hopefully the club can see this issue and recruit better at younger ages.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:43 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:Relax guys, just building the U23 and making a push competitively at that level.

The main concern is needing more players progressing from a lower age group the the next. Seems to be lacking there which is why they are going external.

I think what upsets the fans is when Dalman’s Spokes person Glen Williams puts headlines out saying City Sign Four New Talents and the fans see they’ve not played for the first teams as described in the original headlines and they’ve been on loan at either Non league clubs or league 2 and All Released.

Williams has done what he does every season, totally over do it on players like these.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:Relax guys, just building the U23 and making a push competitively at that level.

I think what upsets the fans is when Dalman’s Spokes person Glen Williams puts headlines out saying City Sign Four New Talents and the fans see they’ve not played for the first teams as described in the original headlines and they’ve been on loan at either Non league clubs or league 2 and All Released.

Williams has done what he does every season, totally over do it on players like these.

We all know what he does, makes them out to be the next great thing & keeps him in good with the club.

An actual journalist would put the headline " Cardiff City Sign 4 Less Than Average Players" but Willaims isn't one so he doesn't.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:53 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We all know what he does, makes them out to be the next great thing & keeps him in good with the club.

An actual journalist would put the headline " Cardiff City Sign 4 Less Than Average Players" but Willaims isn't one so he doesn't.

Spot on. It shouldn't be news, really. Just beefing up after some were poached, by the sounds of it.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:19 pm

Simply say city sign 4 youngsters that would have been sufficient ...

Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:46 pm

SB 1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on. It shouldn't be news, really. Just beefing up after some were poached, by the sounds of it.

Your both right.

It’s not the players faults , but Williams puts them so high up, they are 99% of the time going to crash down as they are less than mediocre players.

The real quality players will becoming in.

I do wonder why we sign players like these that are NO better than we release 95%.

These were not Bulut Signings.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Simply say city sign 4 youngsters that would have been sufficient ...

Correct Allan, instead of headlines City Sign Four Talented ex Southampton & Norwich City players , when they’ve never played for the first teams and mainly been on loan at places , like Kettering, Torquay and Port Vale.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:07 pm

Plus:

Goalkeeper Matthew Turner has extended his stay with the Bluebirds, putting pen to paper on a new two-year contract, which will run until the summer of 2026.
The 22 yr old has also gained experience in the Cymru Premier, having previously had loan spells at Haverfordwest County and Aberystwyth Town.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Simply say city sign 4 youngsters that would have been sufficient ...

Correct Allan, instead of headlines City Sign Four Talented ex Southampton & Norwich City players , when they’ve never played for the first teams and mainly been on loan at places , like Kettering, Torquay and Port Vale.

Tbh annis online news is so misleading see headlines all the time that are wrong in the extreme! This one is typical No need for it especially when its far from truth? They're ordinary players filling in gaps in our under 23 team.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That's the problem, "Startlets", "Stars", "talent" its just lazy cliched "journalism"

Totally agree with the club beefing up the U23 squad, it looks like Bulut realised too many first-teamers were running on fumes last season and we need a pool players capable of stepping in.

Its a free hit for us, I doubt they cost that much, and if one turns out to be a rough diamond it pays for itself tenfold.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tbh annis online news is so misleading see headlines all the time that are wrong in the extreme! This one is typical No need for it especially when its far from truth? They're ordinary players filling in gaps in our under 23 team.

Allan, Sadly it’s getting worse.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:38 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's the problem, "Startlets", "Stars", "talent" its just lazy cliched "journalism"

Totally agree with the club beefing up the U23 squad, it looks like Bulut realised too many first-teamers were running on fumes last season and we need a pool players capable of stepping in.

Its a free hit for us, I doubt they cost that much, and if one turns out to be a rough diamond it pays for itself tenfold.

We just let James Crole go and he was one of our best.

Apparently we have many many talented players between 16-19 , I don’t see how Kettering, Torquay , Port Vale will help us have better players.

You only have to look at the last 15 yrs of us sending players to the non league, None of them became regular Championship players.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:08 pm

Did bulut have any say in this ?

Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:34 pm

montyblue wrote:The big rebuild begins i did say on another thread who was going to be buluts 1st signing a wow or and underwhelming ffs a top 2 or 6 this should boost the season ticket sales.

You do know they are all Under-21’s and for Darren Purse to mould…? :?

No recognised First Team Squad players in yet but negotiations are ongoing… :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:48 pm

montyblue wrote:Did bulut have any say in this ?

Doubt it