Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Ryotaro Tsunoda ‘

Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:13 am

Ryotaro Tsunoda is still undergoing rehabilitation following surgery on his hamstring injury he suffered at Tans club Kortrijk (loan) made 9 appearances before suffering an injury.

Very weird situation as Cardiff City signed him and Tsunoda aged 25, went straight to Tans club, he’s back at Cardiff City now injured and on Cardiff’s pay roll.

Tsunoda will miss pre-season training as he goes through treatment and physio with City’s medical staff.

Re: ‘ Ryotaro Tsunoda ‘

Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:22 am

With our medical staff we won’t see him until next Easter

Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:32 am

Who was the brains behind this transfer? I mean, who actually thought that signing this player was a good idea??

Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:49 pm

Is he actually any good?

Or was he bought by us for the sole purpose of going to Kortrijk?

Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:16 pm

He must have something about him as he was called up by the Japanese team last year although he is still to make his debut for them.

Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:40 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Who was the brains behind this transfer? I mean, who actually thought that signing this player was a good idea??

What do you actually know about the guy?

I know absolutely nothing, he could be a waste of space or he could be the next Earnie, who knows but I know he wasn't injured when he signed.

Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:02 pm

The guys a ball playing centre back so dont expect him to be like Earnie

Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:21 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Who was the brains behind this transfer? I mean, who actually thought that signing this player was a good idea??
Can't blame city players do get injured .

Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:57 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:

What do you actually know about the guy?

I know absolutely nothing, he could be a waste of space or he could be the next Earnie, who knows but I know he wasn't injured when he signed.

I know the same as you,,, absolutely nothing. My question was “who actually does know”?
What exactly did someone, or persons see, or know about him that influenced the decision to sign him for us?

Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:42 pm

I looked at his stats regularly at Kortrijk before he was injured, and was man of the match on a number of occasions, and regularly scored over 8 out of 10. I look forward to seeing him playing when he is fully fit.

Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:30 am

Tan / Dalman / Transfer Committee

Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:31 am

Tan / Dalman / Transfer Committee

Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:15 pm

Hopefully back in time for some preseason work and we can see what he can offer.

Worst case scenario he goes back out on loan, or even as cover (4th/5th choice) depending on how many CBs we will have in our squad.

Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:17 pm

Brezza wrote:With our medical staff we won’t see him until next Easter

;)

Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:19 am

A friend of mine was Ryotaro's schoolmate in University of Tsukuba, from what I'm told, this guy is taking an upward step to the championship and needs a bit of luck trying to establish himself here...While hamstring injury that kept him out of preseason clearly is no good luck at all