Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut on Isaak Davies:

Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:20 am

Erol Bulut on Isaak Davies:

“Last season Isaak Davies did a great job in Kortrijk. Scored 12 goals in 34 appearances and this season he will be very active for us, Cardiff City. I hope he shows good performances in the friendly matches and also in the league.”

Isaak Davies will be one of Cardiff City’s first team Strikers

Isaak Davies Striker aged 23 next month scored 3 goals in 36 appearances for Cardiff City in the Championship over 3 years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut on Isaak Davies:

Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:21 am

He’s far too small against Championship defenders. He’s a winger. End of.

Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:00 pm

Brezza wrote:He’s far too small against Championship defenders. He’s a winger. End of.

Seemed to work for Earnie

Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:57 pm

Brezza wrote:He’s far too small against Championship defenders. He’s a winger. End of.

So you would turn down Adam Armstrong for the same reason?

Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:09 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:

We’ll see I suppose. Benchwarmer either way imo.

Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:11 pm

I think he's a winger and they should concentrate on this he's got plenty of pace

Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:12 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:

It did but not sure Davies has his goal instinct tho but I 100% think he's good enough to be on the wing in the championship

Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:42 pm

Last season he was very successful but he did not play on the wing. He played in a top 2 in a side that played with wing backs.

Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:48 pm

I'm not too sure about that.

Armstrong, McCormack etc?

Either way, we need to be giving him chances, otherwise what's the point.

Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:01 pm

Big guy little guy up top chops and bothroyd springs to mind .win the second balls I think he did well enough on loan last season.if he has a good pre season then give him a go why not .He's welsh a home grown player I back him all the way and I wish him well for the season

Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:27 pm

Last season Bulut didn't play with wingers just 4 fullbacks.

I hope he goes 3421 (Wales 2016) with 2 attacking players with the target man. If that is the case then I think Davies as one of those will do a great job, especially as a sub.

I think Bulut will want a deep squad this season as he moaned a lot about how tired his players were especially in that Christmas falling off a cliff period.

I think he could play in a genuine 433 as a Bellemy clone but I just don't see Bulut playing that way.

Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:29 pm

wez1927 wrote:I think he's a winger and they should concentrate on this he's got plenty of pace

100% agree Davies is a good Winger

Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I think he's a winger and they should concentrate on this he's got plenty of pace

He is a winger I saw nothing that makes him a great winger thou

Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:20 am

Abergavenny wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He is a winger I saw nothing that makes him a great winger thou

Maybe I’ve tried to be to positive :lol:

He has speed

But if he is in contention for one of the main strikers then it’s not promotion we are looking at.

Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:33 am

He is no winger, he’s a striker, always has been, always will be, you’d like to think Bulut will have the intelligence to know how to play him, Isaak thrives on good passes that he can run onto, he has pace to burn. He’ll be quality this season providing he gets the service he deserves.

Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:21 am

He’s no winger, not at championship level anyway. Can’t see how he can be described as a great winger, when have we ever seen signs of that?

Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:32 am

SP73 wrote:He is no winger, he’s a striker, always has been, always will be, you’d like to think Bulut will have the intelligence to know how to play him, Isaak thrives on good passes that he can run onto, he has pace to burn. He’ll be quality this season providing he gets the service he deserves.

Ok I look forward to 15 goals this season

Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:14 pm

Nothing at all stopping the boy hitting double figures, as I’ve said if he gets the right service..

Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:56 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:56 pm

Reply :

Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:11 pm

A lot of strikers have learnt their trade as wingers before moving onto a central role.

We will see how it pans out for Davies.

Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:29 pm

It's funny how we all use the same terminology for different things

For me, Dave Bennett, Nooney and Burky were wingers, hugging the line, taking players on the outside and whipping a cross in.....

Liverpools Mane and Salah are "wingers" so is Rashford but in reality its the system that drops the centre forward deeper almost a 10 with the 2 wingers who are inverted forwards running diagonally towards the goal.

Bellemy was the first i have seen doing this a decade ago, if you mean this then Davies is a winger. Not sure this is what Erol does though.

One thing I am very confident of is Erol wants genuine backs to goal Centre forwards, Davies is not that.

Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:36 pm

llan bluebird wrote:It's funny how we all use the same terminology for different things

For me, Dave Bennett, Nooney and Burky were wingers, hugging the line, taking players on the outside and whipping a cross in.....

Liverpools Mane and Salah are "wingers" so is Rashford but in reality its the system that drops the centre forward deeper almost a 10 with the 2 wingers who are inverted forwards running diagonally towards the goal.

Bellemy was the first i have seen doing this a decade ago, if you mean this then Davies is a winger. Not sure this is what Erol does though.

One thing I am very confident of is Erol wants genuine backs to goal Centre forwards, Davies is not that.

I agree with Everything you’ve said.

I feel Bulut is being pushed with players like Davies and also s as lot of these other players are not his.

I will be very very interested to see Buluts players he brings in.

Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:46 pm

Why is Bulut being pushed with players like Isaak? It’s his Club, he’s contracted here! And given game time he’ll give 100% every game like he always has, it’ll be interesting to see people’s reactions if fans think there’ll be a flood of signings in the coming weeks, there’s no money for any..

Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:29 pm

SP73 wrote:Why is Bulut being pushed with players like Isaak? It’s his Club, he’s contracted here! And given game time he’ll give 100% every game like he always has, it’ll be interesting to see people’s reactions if fans think there’ll be a flood of signings in the coming weeks, there’s no money for any..

Where did you get that there is no money please?

I'm sure Bulut has had that conversation with Tan as part of his contract negotiations

Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:22 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:A lot of strikers have learnt their trade as wingers before moving onto a central role.

Terry Henry ;)

Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:33 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:A lot of strikers have learnt their trade as wingers before moving onto a central role.

Terry Henry ;)

Exactly ;)

Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:20 pm

6'2" built like a cruiserweight Thierry Henry had every attribute to make the conversion. Issak is half a foot too short and 10Kg's too light to lead the line.

Issak can press, break, and given half a chance bury the ball. I hope Erol changes tactics and I think he will, we have too many "10"s for one slot. I can see two attacking midfielders / second strikers behind a lump up top, with the width provided by wingbacks (Drameh would be awesome)

Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:35 pm

llan bluebird wrote:6'2" built like a cruiserweight Thierry Henry had every attribute to make the conversion. Issak is half a foot too short and 10Kg's too light to lead the line.

Issak can press, break, and given half a chance bury the ball. I hope Erol changes tactics and I think he will, we have too many "10"s for one slot. I can see two attacking midfielders / second strikers behind a lump up top, with the width provided by wingbacks (Drameh would be awesome)

You’re really pushing for wingbacks haha.

I know last year was bad, but we definitely can be exciting with 4 at the back, just need better in midfield and fullbacks who are more comfortable on the ball and can operate inside like midfielders.