Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ CARDIFF CITY’S CURRENT OFFICIAL FIRST TEAM SQUAD 2024-25

Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:02 am

EROL BULUT IS LOOKING TO ADD 3 NEW QUALITY PLAYERS THIS WEEK / PLUS AT LEAST ANOTHER 3 QUALITY PLAYERS LATER THIS MONTH ( MAINLY LOANS OR FREE AGENTS ).

Expect at least 2 overseas players to come in.

On City’s Official Site

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/players/594

This is how it currently shows:

Goalkeepers: Ethan Horvath, Jak Alnwick, Matthew Turner

Defenders: Ryotaro Tsunoda, Mahlon Romeo, Joel Bagan, Dimitrios Goutas, Mark McGuinness, Jamilu Collins, Perry Ng

Midfielders: Ryan Wintle, Joe Ralls, Aaron Ramsey, Callum O'Dowda, David Turnbull, Ebou Adams, Manolis Siopis, Eli King, Rubin Colwill, Andy Rinomhota

Attackers: Kion Etete, Yakou Meite, Kieron Evans, Ollie Tanner, Isaak Davies, Cian Ashford, Callum Robinson

So Turner, Bagan, King, Evans, Davies and Ashford (and Tsunoda) all listed as First Team players.

Joel Colwill, Tom Davies, Malachi Fagan-Walcott, Dylan Lawlor, Raheem Conte etc are not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ CARDIFF CITY’S CURRENT OFFICIAL FIRST TEAM SQUAD 2024-

Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:05 am

June / July 2024:

Cardiff City Sign:

Goalkeeper Ewan Griffith’s aged 18 released by Swansea this month.

Striker Luke Pearce aged 20 released by Southampton, made 22 appearances for Southampton U21’s in the last 2 seasons.
Was sent out on loan to Weston Supermare and Torquay.

Midfielder Michael Reindorf aged 19 released by Norwich City had joined Kettering Town in a short-term loan deal last season.

Cardiff have also confirmed the capture of midfielder Adeteye Gbadehan, who will be 20 yrs old this year.
The box-to-box was released by Port Vale at the end of last season.

Goalkeeper Matthew Turner has extended his stay with the Bluebirds, putting pen to paper on a new two-year contract, which will run until the summer of 2026.
The 22 yr old has also gained experience in the Cymru Premier, having previously had loan spells at Haverfordwest County and Aberystwyth Town.

Kieron Evans and Tom Davies have signed new contract.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:26 am

I will support the team no matter what :bluescarf:

However, looking at that team I dont believe it is good enough for top 2, top 6 or really top 10.

I know we are hopefully going to get signings through the door but we need at least 5 if we want to compete, possibly even up to 8.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:50 am

sell ebou - replace with a quality 2/3 million midfielder
release/sell rinmohotta
loan Eli king - league 1 side minimum
loan kieron evans, cian ashford and Joel collwill league 1
potentially loan tanner 6 months loan league 1/championship

1 new lb/rb prospect with mininum league 1 experience
1 new experienced cb to compete with mcguiness and goutas
2 new midfielders - spend £ on a quality cm
1 new loan winger and 1 £ winger
2 new strikers - spend £ on a goalscoring striker is a must

spend around £8 million with £1 million going out on ebou and potentially few £100s on rinomhotta
bare in mind I have no clue what our budget is probably around a few million I believe?

could loan etete for 6 months aswell depending on how many strikers we bring in and the quality of them

that's what I would do if i was a manager, but I'm not :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:53 am

sell elbou - replace with a quality 2/3 million midfielder
release/sell rinmohotta
loan Eli king - league 1 side minimum
loan kieron evans and cian ashford league 1
potentially loan tanner 6 months loan league 1/championship

1 new lb/rb prospect with mininum league 1 experience
1 new experienced cb to compete with mcguiness and goutas
2 new midfielders - spend £ on a quality cm
1 new loan winger and 1 £ winger
2 new strikers - spend £ on a goalscoring striker is a must

spend around £8 million with £1 million going out on elbou and potentially few £100s on rinomhotta
bare in mind I have no clue what our budget is probably around a few million I believe?

could loan etete for 6 months aswell depending on how many strikers we bring in and the quality of them

that's what I would do if in was a manager, but I'm not :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:51 pm

Annis - Bagan, Ming and Evans are not good enough. Adams and Rhino can go and these can all be replaced by the youngsters you named plus the new signings. And for the last time I like Isaac Davies as he has pace and is happy to take players on. But he is NOT a striker, he’s a winger.