Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cardiff after Striker from ‘

Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:24 pm

Cardiff are reportedly after Striker of three clubs reportedly tracking Exeter striker Millenic Alli.

Cardiff have had scout’s watching the striker

Alli aged 24

Scoured 16 goals for Halifax in the Non League over a 2 year period in 54 games

League One Exeter City bought Alli last season who then scored four goals in ten appearances.

By Glen Williams

Monday 8th July 2024

He has one year left to run on his current contract and the club are said to be bracing themselves for summer interest in his services.

Alli scored 11 goals last term combined for Halifax and Exeter.

And Cardiff have also made Isaak Davies one of their main strikers in the Championship next season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cardiff after Striker from ‘

Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:44 pm

Does' nt sound like we are pushing the boat out for a striker from lower league and issac back for another go is this what tan ment by fully backed never mind we still have etete
and there was me thinking we where tracking strikers from turkey and across europe.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:46 pm

montyblue wrote:Does' nt sound like we are pushing the boat out for a striker from lower league and issac back for another go is this what tan ment by fully backed never mind we still have etete
and there was me thinking we where tracking strikers from turkey and across europe.

Monty, who’d you like us to go after as a striker?

Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:51 pm

16 in 54 in L2 doesn't fill me with too much confidence.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:54 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:16 in 54 in L2 doesn't fill me with too much confidence.

Not bad for a winger. Looks a speedster which is what we’ve been missing. Let’s not speculate either way though til ink has dried on the contract form. :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:54 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:Does' nt sound like we are pushing the boat out for a striker from lower league and issac back for another go is this what tan ment by fully backed never mind we still have etete

someone who has a pedegree and as its the one position we have been missing for season after season i thought we would be spending a good few million on quality
someone from non league and exeter does not make me think wow now we are talking when it comes to securing a top striker and trying I davies again
surely somewhere in europe asia south America far east Scandinavia there is someone who fits the bill.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:56 pm

montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

someone who has a pedegree and as its the one position we have been missing for season after season i thought we would be spending a good few million on quality
someone from non league and exeter does not make me think wow now we are talking when it comes to securing a top striker and trying I davies again
surely somewhere in europe asia south America far east Scandinavia there is someone who fits the bill.

If the winger is joking us, I’m sure there’s a few more to follow so I guess it’s a case of let’s wait and see.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:03 pm

montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Trouble is that those with a pedigree may well end up being journeymen who fancy a last pay packet, god knows we’ve seen enough of them. They are usually costing loads in fees and wages too. Whereas I do think we need one or two top players in the key positions we seem to be lacking,…
Personally I’d much rather a hungry player with potential.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:27 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Trouble is that those with a pedigree may well end up being journeymen who fancy a last pay packet, god knows we’ve seen enough of them. They are usually costing loads in fees and wages too. Whereas I do think we need one or two top players in the key positions we seem to be lacking,…

I have a lot of faith in our scouting team to scout across the world and to know who they are scouting and who fits the bill.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:33 pm

montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I have a lot of faith in our scouting team to scout across the world and to know who they are scouting and who fits the bill.

To date our strike force consits of etete meite issac davies and a possible from exeter city .

Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:42 pm

montyblue wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

To date our strike force consits of etete meite issac davies and a possible from exeter city .

Hardest acquisition is a striker anyone thats remotely good goes to highest bidder so by default that means those with parachute payments! MCcauly gone to millwall now you'd think a 30 goals a season striker would attract interest from bigger club than millwall even from div1 but apparently not... other clubs looking at our so called target why?... tbh not an easy solution to this problem...

Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Hardest acquisition is a striker anyone thats remotely good goes to highest bidder so by default that means those with parachute payments! MCcauly gone to millwall now you'd think a 30 goals a season striker would attract interest from bigger club than millwall even from div1 but apparently not... other clubs looking at our so called target why?... tbh not an easy solution to this problem...

Allan
we have none about needing a striker since keiffer moore left its s matter of spending to secure and tan has said he would bsck bulut
so we will see what we end up with strikerwise this season.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:52 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Allan
we have none about needing a striker since keiffer moore left its s matter of spending to secure and tan has said he would bsck bulut

Agree monty we really fo need yo make a good striker a priority and that means several million spent on one.... not against lower league players in that position several championship clubs already signed such players but if we are to go next level it means spending around 10m on several players of high standard not average decent players from wherever .

Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Allan

Agree monty we really fo need yo make a good striker a priority and that means several million spent on one.... not against lower league players in that position several championship clubs already signed such players but if we are to go next level it means spending around 10m on several players of high standard not average decent players from wherever .

Glad you to can see thats where we do have to spend millions like i have said europe Asia far east south America scandansvia africa surely we can find a better striker than etete meiete issac davies snd and exeter city striker ffs

Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:33 pm

Not exactly shooting for the stars here are we!?

So, he's a striker then from lower leagues with a kind average strike rate. Very underwhelming.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:34 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Not exactly shooting for the stars here are we!?

So, he's a striker then from lower leagues with a kind average strike rate. Very underwhelming.

He’s a winger who can play either side and up top. I doubt if he’s going to be our only striker signing mate.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:39 pm

It just doesn't fill me with confidence that yet again, we are looking around in the bargain basement, praying that our throw of the dice lands on a six.

Let's see what transpires over the next month or so.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:41 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Allan

Glad you to can see thats where we do have to spend millions like i have said europe Asia far east south America scandansvia africa surely we can find a better striker than etete meiete issac davies snd and exeter city striker ffs

I may always look at positive side of city but know enough about football to know that clubs generally need to have quality to progress.... but can do it on a budget if got right manager and get lucky with players something
City never get "lucky" we definitely need to explore foreign players now we got some who as knowledge of abroad particularly europe. And as we've got a scout familiar with europe market that does help

Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:It just doesn't fill me with confidence that yet again, we are looking around in the bargain basement, praying that our throw of the dice lands on a six.

Let's see what transpires over the next month or so.

I get your point but as you say, let’s wait and see :thumbup:

Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:46 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

He’s a winger who can play either side and up top. I doubt if he’s going to be our only striker signing mate.

Why is a winger under this heading then cardiff after striker?

Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:00 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Allan

Didn't your hero KM come from a lower league when he joined us and banged them in for his first season here? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:05 pm

montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Why is a winger under this heading then cardiff after striker?

Probably because he's classed as a forward plays in all 3 positions up top..... versatility is always useful..

Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:23 pm

People need to chill…

Taking a punt on a player doesn’t mean this is who we are expecting to improve the starting 11.

Squad needs depth and who knows? Maybe he ends up a gem. Our wing options aren’t great, even when it comes to depth. Let’s see in a month who we got!

Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:25 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Allan

Didn't your hero KM come from a lower league when he joined us and banged them in for his first season here? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Your completly correct the question is should we take a chance on a possible ?
or a proven in our postion which has been the dame since moore left we hsve struggled every season upfront so given our present position i would like to spend big to secure a proven goal scorer rather than take a chance on a rookie but in an ideal world have both proven and rookie.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:01 am

Released by Stockport 2021 2022

4 goals in 33 games for Chorley

Played for Ashton 6 times, Workington 9 times, South Shields 6 times and Exeter 10 times (54 for Halifax is the exception)

We finally have money to spend and we are going after players like this?

I know people say that we have got previous players from lower league teams - Hudson, Marshall, Ng, Moore etc but lets look at this properly. We've never got a player from this low down in the league, who's played so little games.

Nothing against the lad but I would be disappointed if this is what was meant when Bulut was told he would be backed.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:58 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Released by Stockport 2021 2022

4 goals in 33 games for Chorley

Played for Ashton 6 times, Workington 9 times, South Shields 6 times and Exeter 10 times (54 for Halifax is the exception)

We finally have money to spend and we are going after players like this?

I know people say that we have got previous players from lower league teams - Hudson, Marshall, Ng, Moore etc but lets look at this properly. We've never got a player from this low down in the league, who's played so little games.

Nothing against the lad but I would be disappointed if this is what was meant when Bulut was told he would be backed.

Bet the other 2 teams linked to him saying the same if its true?

Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:05 pm

I'd be surprised if there is any truth other than we are monitoring a player in our region, we should be doing that anyway. It looks like Glen is "reporting" on what a minor transfers internet site said, who are "reporting" on someone's Twitter guess.

I'd be shocked if Erol's only concern is getting two big, strong back-to-goal centre-forwards in.

We have 5 "10"s or second forwards in the squad, Rambo, Robinson, Colwill, Turnbull, Davies, Ashford. With only Etete and Meite as center-forwards and Meite is much more effective out wide.

I can see any width from wingbacks with 3 centre halfs and 2 sitters. (3421)

Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:50 pm

I like the look of this lad on you tube - he is fast, left footed, tricky and very direct, and likes to run at people. He is only in his early 20s and would be a great asset if we can get a decent striker in. It is certainly worth a try, I think.

Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:23 pm

looks spacey, direct and confident, albeit in a lower league. Wouldn't be averse to offering him a trial. Put him up against NG see who comes out on top.