Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff have actually put a bid in ?

Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:39 pm

Liverpool have rejected a £4m bid for Nat Phillips from Trabzonspor. Phillips is highly rated by Liverpool this morning.

So if and I mean a big IF Cardiff City have put a bid in for Nat Phillips this afternoon , which media Wales is saying then it will have to be over £4mill Hmmmmm? ( Dalman will be saying put this out, as it’s always said we just missed out, hope I am for once wrong).

Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as Bluebirds 'plotting move' for attacker and Nat Phillips bid submitted
These are your Cardiff City headlines on Monday 8th July 2024

By Matthew Davies

Media Wales

8 JUL 2024

Nat Phillips is available for £5mill.

Initial reports stated the Reds had placed an £8million price tag on Phillips' head, but that figure appears to have been revised to £5million, with Turkish journalist Yagiz Sabuncuoglu reporting a bid has already been submitted - and rejected - by Liverpool. He added: "The first offer made by Trabzonspor was rejected. Liverpool wanted £5 million for Nathaniel Phillips."

Sky Sports subsequently confirmed the bid had been turned down.

Re: Cardiff have actually put a bid in

Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:42 pm

This morning he might be highly rated by Liverpool but last season he wasn't. Sounds to me like he's only highly rated by them when it comes to selling him.

Re:Cardiff have actually put a bid in

Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:47 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:This morning he might be highly rated by Liverpool but last season he wasn't. Sounds to me like he's only highly rated by them when it comes to selling him.

Absolutely agree

Re: Cardiff have actually put a bid in ?

Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:37 pm

Where does it say that City made a bid. The article only talks about a bid from Turkey doesn't it?

Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:42 pm

Clusterman wrote:Where does it say that City made a bid. The article only talks about a bid from Turkey doesn't it?

It doesn't say we put in bid ... what is said is Liverpool rejected 4m bid by a club so if City want him they'll have to put in bid for 5m at least...

Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:57 pm

4 million might be paper talk but also these figures normally mean the overall deal not straight up cash up front there bid could be worh lots of add ons

Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Clusterman wrote:Where does it say that City made a bid. The article only talks about a bid from Turkey doesn't it?

It doesn't say we put in bid ... what is said is Liverpool rejected 4m bid by a club so if City want him they'll have to put in bid for 5m at least...

Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as Bluebirds 'plotting move' for attacker and Nat Phillips bid submitted
These are your Cardiff City headlines on Monday, July 8 2024

Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:21 pm

Unbelievable the only writers taking bolide and making the statement

Look below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:21 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Does help if people actually read the story aswell as headline Annis hence explanation what you actually said.. ...
Been online for couple of days speculating about city putting in bid now appears they have .... hopefully not as you say a dalman ploy to look good.

Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Does help if people actually read the story aswell as headline Annis hence explanation what you actually said.. ...
Been online for couple of days speculating about city putting in bid now appears they have .... hopefully not as you say a dalman ploy to look good.

Allan,

Media Wales are virtually conning people with the headline because I don’t think we have that’s why I put ?

And a big IF

Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Unbelievable the only writers taking bolide and making the statement

Look below:

Not like wales online to make things up :lol:

Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan,

Media Wales are virtually conning people with the headline because I don’t think we have that’s why I put ?

And a big IF

Well all things I've read past week have been speculative journalism not WOL and nothing concrete been said.... like you I'm not convinced we have put in bid in fact seriously doubt it