Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Isaak Davies / Kieffer Moore “

Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:32 pm

Sheffield United are making an approach for Erol Buluts once main target Kieffer Moore.

Isaak Davies, Erol Bulut confirmed will be one of Cardiff’s main Strikers this season in the First Team after scoring 12 goals / 34 appearances in Belgium for Vincent Tans club last season.

Erol Bulut:

Cardiff City boss Erol Bulut says Isaak Davies will be "very active" for the Bluebirds this season after excelling out on loan last term.

“Isaak did very well out on loan last season and I will be very active for the first team this season.”

Isaak Davies 23 years old scored 3 goals for Cardiff in 4 years.

The other first team Strikers will be:

Attackers: Kion Etete, Yakou Meite, Kieron Evans, Isaak Davies, Cian Ashford, Callum Robinson.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Isaak Davies / Kieffer Moore “

Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:59 pm

Then we can look forward to another sh#tty season.
More bullsh#t from our overlords

Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sheffield United are making an approach for Erol Buluts once main target Kieffer Moore.

Isaak Davies, Erol Bulut confirmed will be one of Cardiff’s main Strikers this season in the First Team after scoring 12 goals / 34 appearances in Belgium for Vincent Tans club last season.

Erol Bulut:

Cardiff City boss Erol Bulut says Isaak Davies will be "very active" for the Bluebirds this season after excelling out on loan last term.

“Isaak did very well out on loan last season and I will be very active for the first team this season.”

Attackers: Kion Etete, Yakou Meite, Kieron Evans, Isaak Davies, Cian Ashford, Callum Robinson.

Annis is this saying bulut doesn't want any new strikers or is it a slip of the tongue? And should read city have etete ect ect at club "NOT" etete ect will be our strikers as you've put? If its latter not much hope for the season coming! We desperately need a decent striker to play alongside Harris not last seasons failures..:o

Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:21 pm

Didn't VT say Bulut will be supported this season?

How does he define the word 'supported' then?! Does he mean they'll pay Bulut his salary as that's support!

Let's get a half decent striker in as a priority as we've spent something like 4 seasons without a striker worthy of the name.

Watching some of the 'football' served up at times last season was a painful, soul destroying experience that I'd liken to a bad bout of constipation!
I'm not sure how I'd manage another season of unattractive sideways passing, zero threat from open play and hardly any goals.

Come on VT, back Bulut and show we mean business in our 125th year!

Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:35 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Didn't VT say Bulut will be supported this season?

How does he define the word 'supported' then?! Does he mean they'll pay Bulut his salary as that's support!

Let's get a half decent striker in as a priority as we've spent something like 4 seasons without a striker worthy of the name.

Watching some of the 'football' served up at times last season was a painful, soul destroying experience that I'd liken to a bad bout of constipation!
I'm not sure how I'd manage another season of unattractive sideways passing, zero threat from open play and hardly any goals.

People in the know have stated we are looking for far better quality far and wide
we shall see and ask the questions of there knowledge if things do not materialise

I personally cannot think that issac davies is bulut choice
again same as the 4 youngsters that came or the possible latest from exeter

we start the new season in a few weeks time so imperative we get playes in early but the usual keep telling us be patient like we have been the last few seasons and nothing much happened we remained without a prolific striker all last season
this season we have no restrictions in signing a proven striker.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:43 pm

sounds like a script from Tan he's sticking too and I bet he's been told!!!

half that squad should be in league 2!!!

Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:46 pm

montyblue wrote:

People in the know have stated we are looking for far better quality far and wide
we shall see and ask the questions of there knowledge if things do not materialise

we start the new season in a few weeks time so imperative we get playes in early but the usual keep telling us be patient like we have been the last few seasons and nothing much happened we remained without a prolific striker all last season

Monty
Even for me there is no excuse for not signing a recognised striker of some quality .... not bothered it's not happening yet same with other players but won't take any excuse
come start season if no decent signings come in....in reality not a lot happening in transfer window across efl so patience is required but even my patience as limits... :o

Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Monty
Even for me there is no excuse for not signing a recognised striker of some quality .... not bothered it's not happening yet same with other players but won't take any excuse
come start season if no decent signings come in....in reality not a lot happening in transfer window across efl so patience is required but even my patience as limits... :o

I agree. Let’s wait and see

Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:16 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Monty

My only eorry with waitung id we have done this for about 5 seasons and nothing happened if i can see a striker in early i would be happy
and before they get picked up by other clubs but surely when tan and bulut had there meeting they both understood where they both where bulut wants a proven striker tan offered full backing so surely targets where listed and bulut wants them in early
Imo our signings should sll be in noe ready for the friendlies and time to pick best 11
Bringing someone in a few days before the season starts is not ideal
4 weeks tomorrow we kick off against sunderlsnd.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:19 pm

montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Monty

My only eorry with waitung id we have done this for about 5 seasons and nothing happened if i can see a striker in early i would be happy
and before they get picked up by other clubs but surely when tan and bulut had there meeting they both understood where they both where bulut wants a proven striker tan offered full backing so surely targets where listed and bulut wants them in early
Imo our signings should sll be in noe ready for the friendlies and time to pick best 11
Bringing someone in a few days before the season starts is not ideal
4 weeks tomorrow we kick off against sunderlsnd.

I don’t disagree Monty but the delay could be due to negotiations, particularly if we’re dealing with foreign players.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:22 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Monty

Say it every season! :lol: but can't believe bulut won't get in a striker because according to this we'll only use what we've got!! What does help is not having any snippets as to our targets players mentioned are speculative journalism with no hard facts.. why would bulut look at someone from exeter? Lots of better forwards out there that be more Bulut's idea of what he wants.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:18 pm

Teams are now very active in the Transfer market. Hope to see Cardiff follow suit or is it more BS from Tan? :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:35 pm

We need a striker to start off with ....

Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:49 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Sheffield United are making an approach for Erol Buluts once main target Kieffer Moore.

Erol Bulut:

Annis is this saying bulut doesn't want any new strikers or is it a slip of the tongue? And should read city have etete ect ect at club "NOT" etete ect will be our strikers as you've put? If its latter not much hope for the season coming! We desperately need a decent striker to play alongside Harris not last seasons failures..:o

Allan,

I believe we are looking for another Striker but a loan one.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:54 am

Erol Bulut:

Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:51 am

Bulut surely knows No quality Striker then NO Top 6

My worry is now he has got what he personally wanted a 2 yr contract he will do what Tan says.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:26 am

We lost grant bowler Phillips if we get 3 new in we will be exactly where we where last season just replacing the 3 that left
i hope bulut has seen issac davies
If he thinks wingers are going to be whipping crosses in he needs to get the tape mrasure out because most balls will be flying over davies's head.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:Bulut surely knows No quality Striker then NO Top 6

My worry is now he has got what he personally wanted a 2 yr contract he will do what Tan says.

I really hope you are wrong on that Annis. Whilst Bulut will have to tow the line on certain matters, I hope that his protracted negotiations about him staying on for another 2 years means he has a framework in place to be his own man.

Of course it still depends on the what the proposed "full backing" from Tan actually means in reality! :bluebird:

Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:11 am

Only we could be panicking this early.

Relax lads. I count 25 championship signings on BBC sport with no real jaw droppers (Rodon confirmed to Leeds being the pick). Just over 1 per club with Watford doing a chunk of work.

It's still early. Enjoy our winter break.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:23 am

Guys… he’s under contract, what else is he supposed to say? “He’s not good enough so we will get shot of him”?

Give the lad a chance in preseason, as long as Cardiff aim to sign a starting striker in the window, then that’s all we need to focus on.

Fans reading into stuff too much…

Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:24 am

Absolutely buzzing for Isaak, best striker at the Club by far, now let’s just see if the manager can play him to his strengths. Praying the the players around him have the quality to play the balls he needs to run onto as he’ll do anyone for pace.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:47 am

SP73 wrote:Absolutely buzzing for Isaak, best striker at the Club by far, now let’s just see if the manager can play him to his strengths. Praying the the players around him have the quality to play the balls he needs to run onto as he’ll do anyone for pace.

He is not the quickest at the club So don’t know how he will do anyone for pace

Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:56 am

Been down the Vale with your stopwatch have you? He’s the only striker at the club with genuine pace.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:20 am

SP73 wrote:Been down the Vale with your stopwatch have you? He’s the only striker at the club with genuine pace.

No but City do speed test and last year he was not the quickest when the figures came out and some of the players who beat him are still at the club. On another point if you think he is the quickest you must have been down the cake with a stop watch I assume

Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:37 pm

Down the cake? I think you’ve been ‘on the cakes’ if you’ve been digging up speed test results fella.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:24 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

I really hope you are wrong on that Annis. Whilst Bulut will have to tow the line on certain matters, I hope that his protracted negotiations about him staying on for another 2 years means he has a framework in place to be his own man.

Of course it still depends on the what the proposed "full backing" from Tan actually means in reality! :bluebird:

Jim,

I hope I am completing, but I honestly believe the hype of big spending this coming season, is exactly that hype once again, but pushed out not only by the media but actually Bulut saying Top 6 at worst, going even for top 2.

I just don’t see Tan putting in £millions to spend.

I see 4/5 good loans, but the rest like we tried a few seasons ago hyping up that group of 12 players we made out were Future stars etc etc

Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Jim,

I hope I am completing, but I honestly believe the hype of big spending this coming season, is exactly that hype once again, but pushed out not only by the media but actually Bulut saying Top 6 at worst, going even for top 2.

I see 4/5 good loans, but the rest like we tried a few seasons ago hyping up that group of 12 players we made out were Future stars etc etc

We tend to do well with loans getting in good players but that's not enough to fill in for lack of quality we have in rest of squad? Yes got maybe 9 or 10 good starting players but soon as get an injury we go down hill because not enough quality throughout squad... top 6 maybe given last season but top 2 unless club really surprises us is out reach by far....

Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Jim,

We tend to do well with loans getting in good players but that's not enough to fill in for lack of quality we have in rest of squad? Yes got maybe 9 or 10 good starting players but soon as get an injury we go down hill because not enough quality throughout squad... top 6 maybe given last season but top 2 unless club really surprises us is out reach by far....

Allan,

We’ve done very well and then sadly never see them again.

We need that real quality striker, that we have all wanted for years

Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:47 pm

From QPR:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Jim,

Allan,

We’ve done very well and then sadly never see them again.

We need that real quality striker, that we have all wanted for years

We need to spend the millions on that striker and we would reap the benefits of promotion I'm sure of that! Not sure when last time we failed to sign a decent loan player because we pay the wages to convince clubs to let them come here... we appear so near yet so far because of short sightedness of Tan!