Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Austria Pre-Season Trip

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:55 am

Hi All,

I hope you are well.

I am traveling alone to Austria from Port Talbot for the pre season trip and will be staying in Salzburg between 18th and 27th July.

I am wondering if any one else is in a similar situation and would like to meet up whilst out there. Perhaps for a few drinks or perhaps for a bit of sight-seeing - plenty to do out there, from boat trips to half day excursions. Looks like a really interesting place to be fair.

Re: Austria Pre-Season Trip

Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:02 am

JTBlueBird93 wrote:Hi All,

I hope you are well.

I am traveling alone to Austria from Port Talbot for the pre season trip and will be staying in Salzburg between 18th and 27th July.

I am wondering if any one else is in a similar situation and would like to meet up whilst out there. Perhaps for a few drinks or perhaps for a bit of sight-seeing - plenty to do out there, from boat trips to half day excursions. Looks like a really interesting place to be fair.

It is a great city and as you say plenty to do in the city. Well worth going on bus to see Hitlers hideaway and Eagles nest About 1 hour on public transport and the town close to it is really nice as well. One thing too mention is card payments are not as widely accepted as in UK so be prepared to have cash on you. Prices are very similar to UK but quality of food and drink at a much higher level than UK in general

Re: Austria Pre-Season Trip

Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:46 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
JTBlueBird93 wrote:Hi All,

I hope you are well.

It is a great city and as you say plenty to do in the city. Well worth going on bus to see Hitlers hideaway and Eagles nest About 1 hour on public transport and the town close to it is really nice as well. One thing too mention is card payments are not as widely accepted as in UK so be prepared to have cash on you. Prices are very similar to UK but quality of food and drink at a much higher level than UK in general

Thanks for the info regarding cash, I had read something similar so will ensure I have plenty of cash. I assume ATMs are a plenty just like any other city?

I’ve booked a few things with Panorama Tours - have held off the eagles nest at present just incase someone wanted to meet up and do a tour or two together. If not, will be booking a few days before getting out there.