Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Let's clear one thing up

Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:24 pm

CCFC 0 v 1 Kidderminster

Those who say it's a pre season friendly, you have a point

Thise who say it's for fitness, you have a point

Those who say it's our first run out, you have a point

Those who say we shouldn't lose our heads over such an unimportant fixture, you have a point.

Now, I'm not losing my head, but I'm disappointed to say the least that;

1. 22 players used not one showed any glimpse of basic skill to undo a Level 6 Non League team

2. Our striking options without strengthening significantly are awful. 4 clear cut first half chances that an average striker would have buried

3. If it was about fitness Kiddy finished stronger

4. We lost a game where the opposition did nothing

5. Kiddy showed how easy it was to play against us

6. Our back and fore between the back 5 continues.

7. Our kids, who should have been busting a gut, showed they cam be outplayed by a bunch of non leaguers.

Now, if thigs change with signings, great, but IMHO games like this where result and effort is not mandatory, should be played behind closed doors.

As soon as you have a paying public, players are accountable for a performance.

Could you have seen the Jack's get anything other than a thumping win, first friendly or not, fitness match or not? No, didn't think so.

So, let's wipe this game away, and begin the change. Personnel, style and effort.

Re: Let's clear one thing up

Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:33 pm

Barclay1 wrote:CCFC 0 v 1 Kidderminster

Those who say we shouldn't lose our heads over such an unimportant fixture, you have a point.

1. 22 players used not one showed any glimpse of basic skill to undo a Level 6 Non League team

2. Our striking options without strengthening significantly are awful. 4 clear cut first half chances that an average striker would have buried

7. Our kids, who should have been busting a gut, showed they cam be outplayed by a bunch of non leaguers.

Now, if thigs change with signings, great, but IMHO games like this where result and effort is not mandatory, should be played behind closed doors.

Could you have seen the Jack's get anything other than a thumping win, first friendly or not, fitness match or not? No, didn't think so.

So, let's wipe this game away, and begin the change. Personnel, style and effort.

A rarety I totally agree with your assessment! :D
Maybe he's making sure who's got it
or not? Problem is Maybe 2 or 3 of last nights team will be in squad for 1st team come start season..... whilst not a waste of time these friendlies they really don't tell us anything we already know squad is poor in depth

Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

or not? Problem is Maybe 2 or 3 of last nights team will be in squad for 1st team come start season..... whilst not a waste of time these friendlies they really don't tell us anything we already know squad is poor in depth

Why thank you sir....

Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:45 pm

Agree with your last sentence.

I don’t and never will get too worked up about pre season friendlies. For us fans, it’s a decent day out where you can have a bit of a laugh.

For the players, the performances (especially in the first few) mean very little.

You also have to consider that our squad is nowhere near complete for next season. Would expect six new signings at least. Obviously all the loan players have gone as well as Horvath, Ng and Siopis not being involved at all last night.

Would I expect to see more cohesion and a better performance by the time we play Bristol Rovers in the last one? Yes, but not at this stage.

Over the years, I have seen fans get excited by great pre season performances and worried by poor pre season performances.

In my view, neither are appropriate.

Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:51 pm

Not like you to be negative :lol: , it means absolutely nothing last night result, they beat bath last week and that means nothing too .preseason is just a run out .

Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:17 pm

Tut, Tut, The OP is so last season. Blame Tan :lol:

Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:53 pm

Those who say it's our first run out, you have a

Totally agree! The club need to pull their finger out now! Another ground hog season coming up under Tan.

Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:36 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Why thank you sir....

Don't expect it to last! :lol: