Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Bulut Ball" - The end of?

Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:13 pm

Bulut stated last season that he played the game that the team allowed him to.

That team was a team with an embargo, and very limited ability.

He did a good job on a shoestring.

The football was dire, but the finishing position was better.

Bulut has said he will change his football, with the two signings being great for this level.

A premier league proven level player, who's an ex England International, and a very tricky, direct winger.

This could signal the end of Bulut Ball and show a bit more attacking intent

Thoughts?

Re: "Bulut Ball" - The end of?

Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:51 pm

I hope so.

I wanted Bulut to stay because I think he has the ability to adapt according to what he has to play with.

If he is allowed to bring in the players he wants (and can keep Rambo relatively fit !!) then we can properly judge whether he’s as good as we think/hope he is.

Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:58 am

When Ramsey was playing and taking the ball on the half turn, creating space and passing crispy it helped us play some good stuff against some good teams.

Sadly, Ramsey didn’t play much.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:12 pm

I've been very critical of Bulut and I'll be honest I was disappointed when he was given a new contract.

However, he has stated that he'll play more attacking football but it's going to take more than the current two signings to do that.

I hope Bulut gets all the players he wants and proves me wrong.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:28 pm

We can do better than Bulut, prefer a British manager.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:43 pm

Will be last season I renew if we play like we did last year. Negative football and our final league positioning was flattering.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:01 pm

Barryblues wrote:Will be last season I renew if we play like we did last year. Negative football and our final league positioning was flattering.

With you there Barry. Some of the crap we put up with at home was some of the worst football I've seen as a ST of 25 years. We just didn't take it to the opposition at times and completely surrendered to teams like Leeds, Leicester, Sunderland and even got done by Rooney!

I expect better this season and am praying Bulut actually has more bullets in his barrel than turgid one dimensional, defensive football.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:12 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:
Barryblues wrote:Will be last season I renew if we play like we did last year. Negative football and our final league positioning was flattering.

With you there Barry. Some of the crap we put up with at home was some of the worst football I've seen as a ST of 25 years. We just didn't take it to the opposition at times and completely surrendered to teams like Leeds, Leicester, Sunderland and even got done by Rooney!

I expect better this season and am praying Bulut actually has more bullets in his barrel than turgid one dimensional, defensive football.

I didn't want Bulut to stay but I'll be there whatever style of football we play, whoever is manager and whatever league we are in as I have always been since I was 8 years old.

And I am excited and can't wait to get back to the CCS for the first game against the black cats.

Once a bluebird, always a bluebird :bluebird:

C'mon City :bluescarf: