Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cardiff City v Kortrijk today as Cardiff win ‘

Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:01 am

Rubin Collwill, Jamilu Collins and an Isaak Davies Penalty beats Tans other club 3-1 in Cardiff

Cardiff City’s pre-season preparations continue today with a friendly against Kortrijk at 12pm.

The match is being played at Cardiff International Sports Stadium with tickets available.

It will also be streamed live on Cardiff City TV.

Kortrijk, also owned by Vincent Tan, last season avoided relegation from the top tier of Belgium football - with the help from several Cardiff City loanees.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Friendly v Kortrijk today

Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:28 am

Ramsey and Siopis missed the last game.

Both will play the first half today.

Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:53 am

Is the winger we are apparently looking at playing today for Kortrijk?

Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:15 am

Seeing as he owns both clubs is VT in attendance?

Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:23 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Is the winger we are apparently looking at playing today for Kortrijk?

Kadri his name is. Not in their starting line up.

City are putting out a complete different team in the second half though, don’t know if Kortrijk are doing the same.

Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:36 am

1-1 at the moment

Kortrijk took the lead but City equalised almost immediately with an Isaak Davies penalty

Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:54 am

Issac played well, brought down numerous times after turning their CH

Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:28 pm

No NG? Is he injured?

Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:54 pm

Ended 3.1 further goals from Collins and Robin. Good runout

Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:57 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:No NG? Is he injured?

Or being sold? I do wonder where Chambers will play. Still dead wood in this squad to shift too, Etete, Rinomhata, Romeo. Not sure what the point of Bagan is either. Good seeing Ramsey back today looking sharp and Colwill was the best player on the pitch second half. He has to start scoring goals and he got one today.

Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:10 pm

Can't help feeling NG is going...

I hope its my unconscious bias to Tan and board
Who spend pennies, lose pounds...
We can always shoot ourselves in the foot at any time lol

If you do have aspirations on promotion,
You need to keep certain key players, he's one of those....

We need two forwards, sorry meite and etete, but your not first teamers...

Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:28 pm

Dont mind if NG is sold for the right price, i like NG but if we can get some good money for him its fine, just need that money ot be spent on a striker :p

Felt bad for Robinson today made plenty good runs just not getting picked out, twice Rubin had a clear pass for him to run on but did something different

Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:34 pm

Rubin Collwill, Jamilu Collins and an Isaak Davies Penalty beats Tans other club 3-1 in Cardiff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cardiff City v Kortrijk today as Cardiff win ‘

Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:16 pm

Really enjoyed parts of that game today , great for colwill getting goal and some lovely touches from him but yeh did notice robbo making good runs with no pass to him , frustrating for him and I’m thinking the same bout ng , is he actually injured ??
Just hope he isnt going ,
But all in all some nice quick passing at times , just hope this is for what’s to come this season

Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:27 pm

Good result for us, can anyone comment on how we played in terms of setup?

Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:01 am

Some good looking football on show here. With the new signings, I'm beginning to feel pretty excited for this season!