Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut Believes in Isaak Davies:

Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:29 am

Isaak Davies who is set to fulfil a couple of roles in pre-season is the returning Isaak Davies. Davies scored 12 goals for Kortrijk in 36 appearances last term and netted against his old side from the penalty spot on Saturday.

He has operated as a striker thus far in these summer games, providing much-needed pace through the middle, something Cardiff sorely lacked last term. However, Bulut wants to see him stretch defences out wide and is set to trial that in the coming weeks, too.

Erol Bulut:

"We have a few more games. I will use him also on the side to see how he is doing from that position," the manager said of Davies.

"We know he's a quick striker if he catches defenders one on one, he can finalise for us. But I want to see him wide as well, he will score goals for us.”

Striker Isaak Davies aged 23 , 38 appearances for Cardiff over 4 years scoring 3 goals.

Re: Erol Bulut Believes in Isaak Davies:

Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:42 am

Don’t want to sound negative as I’d love him to do well but if we’re going for top 6 I see him as a bench impact player at best.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:51 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Don’t want to sound negative as I’d love him to do well but if we’re going for top 6 I see him as a bench impact player at best.

Andrew, Absolutely agree

I think Tan has given Bulut two yrs contract, but an agreement on so many players to be included like a few yrs ago, the famous 12 players all out in first team squad, all the future and sadly only Rubin made it.
I still stand by Rubin despite some off the negativity on here.

What the hell we doing giving Tom Davies / Kieron Evans new contracts

22 & 23 yrs old

Tom Davies was so bad yesterday they took him off against a club I never knew existed

Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Don’t want to sound negative as I’d love him to do well but if we’re going for top 6 I see him as a bench impact player at best.

Andrew, Absolutely agree

I think Tan has given Bulut two yrs contract, but an agreement on so many players to be included like a few yrs ago, the famous 12 players all out in first team squad, all the future and sadly only Rubin made it.

22 & 23 yrs old

Tom Davies was so bad yesterday they took him off against a club I never knew existed

Yup, agree with what you say too. I’m not sure about RC though mate, jury still out for me. All opinions though. :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Andrew, Absolutely agree

22 & 23 yrs old

Annis I would prefer it if club got rid of davies and Evans ect and brought in youngsters aged 17/18 from elsewhere who can be improved its what other clubs do? Our youngsters have shown they don't have it to play in championship at age 22/23 .... if not careful what happened last season when lost Rambo ect will happen again? poor quality replacements resulting in campaign stalling .....all well having great 1st team but need similar quality as backup not failed 23yr olds.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:Isaak Davies who is set to fulfil a couple of roles in pre-season is the returning Isaak Davies. Davies scored 12 goals for Kortrijk in 36 appearances last term and netted against his old side from the penalty spot on Saturday.

He has operated as a striker thus far in these summer games, providing much-needed pace through the middle, something Cardiff sorely lacked last term. However, Bulut wants to see him stretch defences out wide and is set to trial that in the coming weeks, too.

Erol Bulut:

"We have a few more games. I will use him also on the side to see how he is doing from that position," the manager said of Davies.

"We know he's a quick striker if he catches defenders one on one, he can finalise for us. But I want to see him wide as well, he will score goals for us.”

Striker Isaak Davies aged 23 , 38 appearances for Cardiff over 4 years scoring 3 goals.

I don’t see why we have evans and davies a new contract their not going to play it’s stupid like more wasted money

Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:51 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Andrew, Absolutely agree

22 & 23 yrs old

Annis I would prefer it if club got rid of davies and Evans ect and brought in youngsters aged 17/18 from elsewhere who can be improved its what other clubs do? Our youngsters have shown they don't have it to play in championship at age 22/23 .... if not careful what happened last season when lost Rambo ect will happen again? poor quality replacements resulting in campaign stalling .....all well having great 1st team but need similar quality as backup not failed 23yr olds.

It’s so not understanding Allan, why are they doing this, going backwards in my opinion, they are not good enough for our first team and to old for our U21’s

????

Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:53 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Isaak Davies who is set to fulfil a couple of roles in pre-season is the returning Isaak Davies. Davies scored 12 goals for Kortrijk in 36 appearances last term and netted against his old side from the penalty spot on Saturday.

Erol Bulut:

I don’t see why we have evans and davies a new contract their not going to play it’s stupid like more wasted money

It’s a very weird one Sam, Clown Purse rates them highly , but they are Def not good enough.

Bulut, I can’t see how he would want them ???

Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Andrew, Absolutely agree

22 & 23 yrs old

It’s so not understanding Allan, why are they doing this, going backwards in my opinion, they are not good enough for our first team and to old for our U21’s

????

Get impression that whilst willing to sign quality players on good wages as we are seeing they are not willing to push boat out with quality throughout 1st team squad ? Keeping players because they're Cheap is false economy because could miss out at end season because didn't have the players to get us over the line ..... all for home grown players but not just for sake of it

Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:28 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Andrew, Absolutely agree

22 & 23 yrs old

Yup, agree with what you say too. I’m not sure about RC though mate, jury still out for me. All opinions though. :bluescarf:

Jury still out be Christ. Must be the longest court case ever. Been waiting about 4 years for him to come good

Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:36 pm

Where are you getting 3 goals in 4 years from? Isaak made his debut in October 2021 so he’s not actually hit 3 years yet? In that time he was out injured for 7 months, where he was brought back too soon and got a recurrence of his knee injury. He hadn’t long been back and played upfront (on his own) against Leeds where he was outstanding and worked his bollocks off. When Lamouchi was manager he hardly had a look in as the team was that bad and he went with experienced players to try and stay in the division. He then went to Kortrijk where his season loan couldn’t have gone any better, he had a lot of clubs looking at him since January, European teams too, people need to wake up, as I’ve said before, he’s a striker not a winger, Cardiff played him out of position on many occasion before his loan, let’s hope this time around he gets played to his strengths. His stats in Belgium from one of the Leagues analysts had him top of all the Leagues strikers in more than one category, so why people think ‘he’s not good enough’ is laughable.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:21 pm

People need to chill with Davies. 23 for a striker is still young and not every player is a star at this age.

Let’s just see if there’s an improvement, that’s all. He doesn’t need to be a starter, just needs to better than what we have so far. We can still bring in more forwards, we need 3 decent players there.

Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:35 am

MillenniumNova wrote:People need to chill with Davies. 23 for a striker is still young and not every player is a star at this age.

Let’s just see if there’s an improvement, that’s all. He doesn’t need to be a starter, just needs to better than what we have so far. We can still bring in more forwards, we need 3 decent players there.

Fair points. Tbh though, by 23 most players have shown the necessary and as a season ticket holder for many years, I haven’t seen anything to convince me he’ll make it at this level.
Hope he proves me wrong. As I’ve said before, could be handy to use from the bench against tiring defenders.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:37 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:People need to chill with Davies. 23 for a striker is still young and not every player is a star at this age.

Fair points. Tbh though, by 23 most players have shown the necessary and as a season ticket holder for many years, I haven’t seen anything to convince me he’ll make it at this level.
Hope he proves me wrong. As I’ve said before, could be handy to use from the bench against tiring defenders.

Absolutely agree Andrew in everything you’ve said.