Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' VAUGHN QUITS! GUESSING'S GOING HOME TOO! '

Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:34 am

This day just gets better. Apparently Gusto The W@nking Clown from the circus in the car park is front runner as Guessing's replacement.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/poli ... source=app

Re: ' VAUGHN QUITS! GUESSING'S GOING HOME TOO! '

Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:43 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:This day just gets better. Apparently Gusto The W@nking Clown from the circus in the car park is front runner as Guessing's replacement.

Let's just hope elenud Morgan doesn't get the job the last of the 3 omegos! :o

Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:46 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:This day just gets better. Apparently Gusto The W@nking Clown from the circus in the car park is front runner as Guessing's replacement.

Good news indeed.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:50 am

Vaughan Gething has quit as Welsh Labour leader, and in turn as First Minister of Wales. His resignation has come after four members of his cabinet this morning quit his government saying the First Minister had to resign. Julie James, Lesley Griffiths and Jeremy Miles have all resigned from the Welsh Government. Counsel general Mick Antoniw has said he will also quit and due to the nature of his role is writing to the King to resign.

In his resignation statement Mr Gething said: "I have this morning taken the difficult decision to begin the process of stepping down as leader of the Welsh Labour Party and, as a result, First Minister. Having been elected as leader of my party in March I had hoped that over the summer a period of reflection, rebuilding, and renewal could take place under my leadership. I recognise now that this is not possible.

"It has been the honour of my life to do this job even for a few short months. To see the dedication to public service from our civil service and the dedication to civility from the Welsh public. To see the election of a new government in Westminster and the fresh hope that brings to Wales.

"I have always pursued my political career to serve Wales. And being able to show underrepresented communities that there is a place for them, for us, is an honour and privilege that will never diminish. It’s what drew me into public service. Before becoming an MS I fought employment cases for people who’d been mistreated at work. I wanted to give power those without a voice. That has always been my motivation.

"I also campaigned to help create the Senedd, clocking up 30 years of work to support Wales’ devolution journey. This has been the most difficult time for me and my family. A growing assertion that some kind of wrongdoing has taken place has been pernicious, politically motivated, and patently untrue.

"In 11 years as a minister I have never ever made a decision for personal gain. I have never ever misused or abused my ministerial responsibilities. My integrity matters. I have not compromised it.

"I regret that the burden of proof is no longer an important commodity in the language of our politics. I do hope that can change. I will now discuss a timetable for the election of new leader of my party.

"Finally I want to say thank you to those who have reached out to support me, my team, and my family in recent weeks. It has meant the world to all of us.

"To those in Wales who look like me – many of whom I know feel personally bruised and worried by this moment – I know that our country can be better. I know that cannot happen without us. There will – and there must be – a government that looks like the country it serves."

Julie James, who held the housing, local government and planning role, was a key ally of Jeremy Miles, Mr Gething's rival in the leadership battle. Ms James' statement said Mr Gething had to resign so they can "begin to repair this damage immediately".

She said in her statement, also on X, that she contacted Mr Gething last night but has not heard from him. She said the last few months have been a "rollercoaster" but there have been "serious issues" in his own campaign including the handling of donations.

She says she believes his tenure as leader has "caused huge divisions in the group and damaged both the country and the party" and added: "I think it also now threatens the continued existence of the devolution journey itself."

Mr Antoniw, who has been counsel general in both this and the previous administration, said he had taken the decision with "great sadness". Mr Antoniw, the MS for Pontypridd, said he has made the decision after many conversations with the leader. He wrote: "I must advise you that I do not believe you can continue as First Minister. Wales needs a confident and stable government. I do not believe you are capable of delivering that."

In his letter economy minister and Neath MS Mr Miles, who lost out to Mr Gething in the leadership race, said the events of recent months had been "incredibly painful". In a public letter to Mr Gething he said: "We cannot continue like this. It's essential that we begin to repair the damage immediately and I have reached the conclusion very regrettably that this cannot happen under your leadership."

Wrexham MS Lesley Griffiths has also stood down after "careful consideration", telling Mr Gething that "we simply will not be able to put things back on track under your leadership". The culture and social justice secretary said she would resign "with a very heavy heart".

She wrote in her resignation letter to the First Minister: "Yesterday we discussed my concerns about the circumstances surrounding certain campaign donations you received; the outcome of the vote of no confidence; and the sacking of a ministerial colleague for leaking when no formal leak inquiry had taken place.

"In addition, I find it deeply distressing, from both personal and professional perspectives, to see the negative impact all of this has had on relationships between longstanding colleagues and, in many cases, close friends. Relationships have fractured and will require goodwill and strong leadership to repair. These unfortunate and deeply saddening events have together impacted significantly on our ability to continue to deliver for the people of Wales."

Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:02 am

Arrogant tw*t…useless Health Minister, crap Business Minister and even worse First Minister

A hat trick of failure!!

Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:31 am

Good,arrogant tool :wave:

Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:34 am

I don't know why Guessing sees the need to even allude to his skin colour in that resignation speech.

Fact is, he's simply under qualified to do the role and just all round incompetent. Not to mention the alleged £200,000 dirty donation!

Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:09 pm

Liked him or not, no one can deny that it’s a total embarrassment to have gone from someone as principled as Drakeford to a grifting chancer such as Gething.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:29 pm

Using the racist card in his parting speech says everything about the man i never wanted this man to represent my country shocking .

Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:35 pm

His racist remark reminds me of the london mayor who stated and pointed out when looking at a poster of a white couple with 2 white kids that is not a representation today of london i would suggest some peoole have not intergrated well and still have a chip on there shoulder.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:09 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:I don't know why Guessing sees the need to even allude to his skin colour in that resignation speech.

Fact is, he's simply under qualified to do the role and just all round incompetent. Not to mention the alleged £200,000 dirty donation!

This was part of my issue with him; he kept referring to it before and after his election, as if it was the most important thing. It wasn’t; there were/are far bigger issues in Wales…

Having had personal experience of his politicising, I feel his perceived arrogance in chasing his own rather than Wales agenda, left him devoid of the humility and latterly the support a leader needs…

Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:13 pm

To use race and insinuate what he has shows a complete lack of class.

I’ll never understand grown adults giving people nicknames mind. Guessing, Dripford, Penaldo. All a bit childish to me.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:38 pm

Gethin could be called by some a racist for forcing black history to be made compulsary in welsh schools in wales
Be a bit strange for a white guy in a predominantly black country say africa/asian to push through compulsary welsh history.
Power went to labours head in wales during covid and never stopped after pushing through 20mph etc without consulting the welsh public.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:50 pm

montyblue wrote:Gethin could be called by some a racist for forcing black history to be made compulsary in welsh schools in wales
Be a bit strange for a white guy in a predominantly black country say africa/asian to push through compulsary welsh history.
Power went to labours head in wales during covid and never stopped after pushing through 20mph etc without consulting the welsh public.

Black, white whatever. He was and will remain useless.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 4:11 pm

Close the Bay of Pigs down and turn it into a Spoons

Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:29 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:To use race and insinuate what he has shows a complete lack of class.

I’ll never understand grown adults giving people nicknames mind. Guessing, Dripford, Penaldo. All a bit childish to me.

I bet your a lot of fun at parties.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:38 pm

Hamza Useless also played the racist card and Guessing has some it twice. One on his maiden speech ams then again on his resignation speech. It does more damage by trying to fuel racism and division for a certain type of persons personal advancement.

Britain is not racist, that's why we have a record immigration crisis and people literally dying and paying to get here.

People like Guessing and Useless should be jailed for making what is now recognised as race card playing and is a by its nature a racist device. Good riddance.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:42 pm

They are no different to Boris Jonson, their sense of entitlement is beyond measurement.

This is what PR gives you, party members drunk on power. The first Ministers job is handed between themselves, London union votes got Gethin in whilst the rest of the AM's wanted Miles, what about us, the voters !!!!!!

Where are those politician who slated the Tories for Jonson>Truss > Sunak ?

Drakeford> Gethin and now Miles (it will be) is this what we want?

The UK is becoming more presidential, we need to change the law that if you change the sworn in government leader in any circumstance other than death or serious illness and election should be called to check we are happy with their choice. Lets face facts very few would have voted for Truss as I doubt many will vote for Miles with Reform an alternative

Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Let's just hope elenud Morgan doesn't get the job the last of the 3 omegos! :o

Let's hope she does not get the job - But if she wants it ....At least the 20 mph will go with her track record of speeding ...

Wales' health minister has been found by a politicians' watchdog to have broken the Senedd code of conduct after being convicted for speeding four times.

Eluned Morgan was banned from driving in Mold Magistrates Court on 17 March 2022 .

Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:45 pm

Probably right that this charade WAG/Senedd/Assembly ends. It hasn't worked and shows no sign of doing so. Two bob Labour councillors running a country was never meant to be.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:41 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:To use race and insinuate what he has shows a complete lack of class.

I bet your a lot of fun at parties.

If that’s the kind of stuff you do at parties then you’re welcome to them.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:17 pm

Glad to see the back of him, the media coverage of his resignation has been unduly kind, considering he's essentially had to go for corruption. Or have i got that wrong?