Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kpakio tonight

Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:07 pm

Wow , looks a very good prospect , 2 assists already , only 17 just signed 1st contract .

Re: Kpakio tonight

Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:Wow , looks a very good prospect , 2 assists already , only 17 just signed 1st contract .

Are you watching the game wez?

Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:15 pm

Ronan Kpakio Only just 17 yrs old

Well chuffed Bulut has started him m, playing superb as Wez has said

Please keep Ronan Kpakio away from Purse

Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:17 pm

The young guy looks a great prospect lets hope he gets his chance in a championship game sooner rather than later in the season

Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:18 pm

Would like to see Ronan Kpakio play day against Reading and Bristol Rovers, as Penybont should really be playing our U21’s

But I do agree with Wez, Ronan Kpakio, superb game so far from him.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:19 pm

Do have to remember its not a championship team he is up against but looks like he has everything required lets hope he is pushed into the team

montyblue wrote:The young guy looks a great prospect lets hope he gets his chance in a championship game sooner rather than later in the season

Totally agree

montyblue wrote:The young guy looks a great prospect lets hope he gets his chance in a championship game sooner rather than later in the season

His 1st touch is class .

Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:22 pm

"Coming to a Pontypridd side near you soon"

Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:29 pm

Where does he play?

Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:40 pm

Einstein wrote:Where does he play?

Right back

Bloody coverage has stopped.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:30 pm

The lad played well. His opposite number was a bit of a tugboat though.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:31 pm

i must admit he do look quality, calm on the ball too!

but we need to see him against quality so i would like to see him in all the games leading to the league starting, because if he plays this way against all the teams then he really is a class act

Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:35 pm

A big if, but, if he does show this talent against better players and holds his own, I really hope Bulut sees the talent instead of his age and keeps him around the first team.

Too many old fashioned thinking in the club (academy in particular), where his age clouds judgement.

Never an issue back in the day with the likes of Ledley, Ramsey etc.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:07 pm

Is he from our academy or have we signed him?

Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:09 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Is he from our academy or have we signed him?

Academy.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:30 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Is he from our academy or have we signed him?

Since the age of 8 apparently

Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:41 pm

Needs to be managed well - Good Luck to the Lad .

Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:21 am

MillenniumNova wrote:A big if, but, if he does show this talent against better players and holds his own, I really hope Bulut sees the talent instead of his age and keeps him around the first team.

Too many old fashioned thinking in the club (academy in particular), where his age clouds judgement.

And don’t forget Toshack at 16 :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:59 am

Age irrelevant if you have the physique, temperament and talent as we've seen with many examples: Rooney, Giggs, Yamal of Spain etc.

If you don't throw them in, you're never going to know if they cam hack it.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:21 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Age irrelevant if you have the physique, temperament and talent as we've seen with many examples: Rooney, Giggs, Yamal of Spain etc.

If you don't throw them in, you're never going to know if they cam hack it.

You’re absolutely right.
The only thing that worries me though is this. I’m assuming that EB has been told that top 6 is the target, so will he gamble on youngsters or get someone with more experience?

Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:33 pm

powysblue wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:A big if, but, if he does show this talent against better players and holds his own, I really hope Bulut sees the talent instead of his age and keeps him around the first team.

And don’t forget Toshack at 16 :bluescarf:

In 1965 when Toshack first played for Cardiff as a 16 year old, he was alongside a prolific George Johnstone who was 18. A combined age of 34!! We sold him to Arsenal not long afterwards. Age didn't matter in those days and the men they were up against certainly took no prisoners!! :old: