Re: Wheres Wintle?

Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:06 pm

Was there along with NG

Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:30 pm

Didn't he have a operation end of the season

Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:46 pm

He was there tonight. Was just watching. But he was there.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:25 pm

welshrarebit wrote:He was there tonight. Was just watching. But he was there.

I was on about why he wasn't playing ? .

Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:29 am

What's peoples views on Wintle?

I cannot remember 1 game where he's dominated/scruffed the game/ran the show etc. I get it, he's a 'mop up' style player; but he's not really strong in attack or defence, is he? Or am I missing something.

He does seem to come across as a "good lad".

I'd be happy to see him leave and replaced with something a bit more influential in matches. Imagine his career highlights reel??

Last Season Stats:

42 appearances
27 starts
4 assists
2 goals
4 yellow cards
85.7% pass accuracy
34.1% cross accuracy
11 successful dribbles
22 tackles won
56% tackles won
14 fouls committed

As expected, he's a neat short passer at 85%, but not much else for 42 appearances?

Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:29 am

SB 1927 wrote:What's peoples views on Wintle?

I cannot remember 1 game where he's dominated/scruffed the game/ran the show etc. I get it, he's a 'mop up' style player; but he's not really strong in attack or defence, is he? Or am I missing something.

I'd be happy to see him leave and replaced with something a bit more influential in matches. Imagine his career highlights reel??

Last Season Stats:

42 appearances
27 starts
4 assists
2 goals
4 yellow cards
85.7% pass accuracy
34.1% cross accuracy
11 successful dribbles
22 tackles won
56% tackles won
14 fouls committed

As expected, he's a neat short passer at 85%, but not much else for 42 appearances?

I'm exactly the same as you. Neat and tidy player, seems like a good guy too, good professional...but I don't see a strength to his game.

He's not that great at breaking up play and there is no creativity. I'd even like our deep lying players to still be able to contribute creatively now and again but neither him or Siopis have a defence splitting pass in them.

With Wintle you get 100% effort though which needs to be a given with every player. He wouldn't make my starting 11, even with the squad as it is currently.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:54 am

Maloby_Blue wrote:

Last Season Stats:

42 appearances
27 starts
4 assists
2 goals
4 yellow cards
85.7% pass accuracy
34.1% cross accuracy
11 successful dribbles
22 tackles won
56% tackles won
14 fouls committed

I'm exactly the same as you. Neat and tidy player, seems like a good guy too, good professional...but I don't see a strength to his game.

He's not that great at breaking up play and there is no creativity. I'd even like our deep lying players to still be able to contribute creatively now and again but neither him or Siopis have a defence splitting pass in them.

With Wintle you get 100% effort though which needs to be a given with every player. He wouldn't make my starting 11, even with the squad as it is currently.

Siopis is a good comparator. He wen through a few months of full energy, dominating games. He's our 'break up play and pass to someone creative' outlet. I don't see what Wintle brings to be honest. Dead ball play is good, but I'd expect to see more than 4 assists considering how many we score from corners.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:08 am

SB 1927 wrote:
Maloby_Blue wrote:

Last Season Stats:

42 appearances
27 starts
4 assists
2 goals
4 yellow cards
85.7% pass accuracy
34.1% cross accuracy
11 successful dribbles
22 tackles won
56% tackles won
14 fouls committed

Siopis is a good comparator. He wen through a few months of full energy, dominating games. He's our 'break up play and pass to someone creative' outlet. I don't see what Wintle brings to be honest. Dead ball play is good, but I'd expect to see more than 4 assists considering how many we score from corners.

Ralls and Turnbull are better at dead ball so time for him to go I think.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:59 pm

If and when we acquire players capable of getting us into the top 6, I suspect Wintle and quite a few others will fall by the wayside and be moved on.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:11 am

Sometimes you need donkeys to do the work. Don't forget Dechamps was a water carrier Wintle is one of those,every team needs one.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:07 pm

He had a knock at the end of the season which I believe he had an op on, as for Ng he tweaked his back last week

Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:13 pm

Wintle won’t be a first team starter next season.

Sounds very much like Bulut wants a new midfielder to play alongside Siopis, with Ralls as back up.

They will then be the two to give the ball to the attacking players - Willock, Ramsey/Colwill/Turnbull, new winger and new striker.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:03 am

Not in the squad travelling to Austria.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:26 am

I ike Wintle good, solid, neat and tidy player but I think he naturally sits where I think Bulut want a centre half or full back to be.

If that deeper CM is going to be Rambo then Sio or Rinomhota as “ratters” are better placed, King looks a decent shout for that position as well

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:36 am

Told to find another Club

Yet has 2 years left on his contract