Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut : “ 3rd Major Signing Imminent “

Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:42 am

Another Signing to be announced this week or even later today if all goes well:

But Cardiff are by no means done. They want — need — reinforcements if they are to way better their 12th-placed finish last season.

Bulut and the boards target is Top 2 finish or Top 6 finish at worst.

It's been a solid start to their summer business, but Bulut confirmed they need another four or five quality additions before the season starts.

Erol Bulut:

"Two quality transfers we have have made already, Chris Willock and Chambers. I think they are good transfers. Of course, these won't be the only two, there will be a few more.”

"We need a few more and we know exactly which positions we need, where we had issues, problems last season. So, in the striker position, we still need (a signing).”

“ Our guys are doing well right now, Isaak (Davies), Kion (Etete) are looking good, but still we need for the season to put our level higher, so we will be on the market to get a striker, a winger, a midfielder and in the defensive positions, maybe one or two.”

City have not spent a penny as yet, nabbing both Willock and Chambers on free transfers in two shrewd moves. However, it is unlikely they will sign a quality centre-forward without dipping their hands into their pockets. Sign up to our Cardiff City newsletter here.

City have so far received up to £850,000 on the sale of Ebou Adams and with that money and the money promised by Tan, Bulut should be able to bring in the quality striker that has so much been needed for the last few years.

But Bulut is comfortable with the transfer kitty he has been guaranteed this summer. It's probably fair to assume a decent chunk of that budget will be allocated to bringing in one quality centre-forward.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut : “ 3rd Major Signing Imminent “

Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:48 am

Can anything be read into the words Major Signing ? because that sounds exciting

Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:51 am

I’ll say YET AGAIN - I like Davies but he’s a winger NOT a striker. So we need 2 forwards

Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:58 am

Brezza wrote:I’ll say YET AGAIN - I like Davies but he’s a winger NOT a striker. So we need 2 forwards

He’s not a first team player in any position if we’re aiming for top 6 imo.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:27 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Brezza wrote:I’ll say YET AGAIN - I like Davies but he’s a winger NOT a striker. So we need 2 forwards

Agree with that.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:29 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Agree with that.

Ned,

I 100% agree

I honestly believe Tan / Dalman are behind certain players bring out in the first team squad.

No way can Bulut rate Tom Davies, Kieron Evans as first team players and Isaak Davies as a Championship Striker.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:40 pm

Whilst Chambers and the the new winger are undoubtedly good players they are only in fact only replacing Phillips and Grant and both are free signings. So we haven’t as yet strengthened the squad. Remember we have to replace the Man City fullback loanee and Bowler as well. So a lot of work to do. And we need a striker NOW not a month later or the last day of the transfer window. Bulut is bigging up Davies. Does he have to do this to appease the hierarchy?

Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:45 pm

Brezza wrote:Whilst Chambers and the the new winger are undoubtedly good players they are only in fact only replacing Phillips and Grant and both are free signings. So we haven’t as yet strengthened the squad. Remember we have to replace the Man City fullback loanee and Bowler as well. So a lot of work to do. And we need a striker NOW not a month later or the last day of the transfer window. Bulut is bigging up Davies. Does he have to do this to appease the hierarchy?

‘Free’ but I can imagine they’d be both on hefty wages plus would have commanded a signing on fee. We deffo need a striker but let’s hope the ones he’s after are worth holding out for rather than buying any old crap.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:51 pm

Brezza wrote:Whilst Chambers and the the new winger are undoubtedly good players they are only in fact only replacing Phillips and Grant and both are free signings. So we haven’t as yet strengthened the squad. Remember we have to replace the Man City fullback loanee and Bowler as well. So a lot of work to do. And we need a striker NOW not a month later or the last day of the transfer window. Bulut is bigging up Davies. Does he have to do this to appease the hierarchy?

I'm not sure he's bigging Davies up. He quite clearly states in the piece above that both him and Etete are doing well but "still we need for the season to put our level higher" That infers he's looking to bring in better and more accomplished strikers.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:06 pm

Yes :thumbup: Or perhaps two :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:22 pm

Davies needs to be a 'wait your turn and then grab it with both hands' motivated this year. If he's in our strongest 11, we're in trouble.

I'd love him to come in and own his position. Like a few others, a huge season if Isaac has desires for a long career with us. That loan spell was exactly what he needed.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:28 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:

I'm not sure he's bigging Davies up. He quite clearly states in the piece above that both him and Etete are doing well but "still we need for the season to put our level higher" That infers he's looking to bring in better and more accomplished strikers.

Why do people look at the negatives when reading things? I agree he's indicating he's looking higher than Davies etete ......its becoming obvious that those to are backups to hopefully one or two new arrivals upfront.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:33 pm

I would rather wait until the end of the window if it means we get a better striker.

The general rule is PL clubs don’t loan out their better players until the end of the window, when they have their squad for the season completed.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:58 pm

Sorry Worcester I can’t except that. We have been down that road too many times ie wait until the end of the window. Then we have a variety of excuses such as we couldn’t get it across the line etc. and end up with nobody or crap. Premier sides are back in training and these managers know who they don’t want. There’s also foreign players. We need strikers in now to bed in over the next 4 weeks so they are ready from the off in August. Other clubs have bought. So should we. Bullit said hopefully top 3 minimum top 6. We have no chance without centre forwards and wingers who can supply the chances.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:31 pm

Brezza wrote:Sorry Worcester I can’t except that. We have been down that road too many times ie wait until the end of the window. Then we have a variety of excuses such as we couldn’t get it across the line etc. and end up with nobody or crap. Premier sides are back in training and these managers know who they don’t want. There’s also foreign players. We need strikers in now to bed in over the next 4 weeks so they are ready from the off in August. Other clubs have bought. So should we. Bullit said hopefully top 3 minimum top 6. We have no chance without centre forwards and wingers who can supply the chances.

Agree said much the same myself but told i am been negative? I would say just more worried and hopeful we get things right eithout embargo snd agree there are strikers from all parts of the world and we have to pay the going rate to secure the stiker we need.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:38 pm

My View:

Years of bullshit

Let’s finally have that quality Striker we are promised every season, not pretend ones that are made out to have played with the best clubs, yet never even made an appearance for them.

All these Signings mean nothing without a quality Striker as seen every season, we can play well but if you don’t score as matches go on, we eventually struggle and struggle more and more.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:02 pm

For the last three or four years we've left the striker until the last minute and ended up with nothing or garbage. We need to invest in a goalscorer

Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:04 pm

Einstein wrote:For the last three or four years we've left the striker until the last minute and ended up with nothing or garbage. We need to invest in a goalscorer

Under an embargo, it makes sense. Very hard to get any decent striker for free.

Now we can spend, let’s hope the club are working hard on getting a couple over the line!

Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:11 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

I would rather wait until the end of the window if it means we get a better striker.

The general rule is PL clubs don’t loan out their better players until the end of the window, when they have their squad for the season completed.

I completely agree and have said it on another thread the other day.

We need to find a striker that is in line with our style of football, and will score us goals.

Every man and his dog wants a striker.

Let's not jump at the first one we see. It's a key position and key signing that could make or break our season.

If it takes until the end of the window, and we sign a lesser known striker from Europe somewhere, that ends up scoring 15+ goals for us, I couldn't care less if it took that long.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:57 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

We need to find a striker that is in line with our style of football, and will score us goals.

Let's not jump at the first one we see. It's a key position and key signing that could make or break our season.

If it takes until the end of the window, and we sign a lesser known striker from Europe somewhere, that ends up scoring 15+ goals for us, I couldn't care less if it took that long.

Its not a case of jumping at the first striker on the market but we have been looking for the last few seasons and have had plenty of time to source a striker from planet earth.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:22 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Absolutely spot on.

Think back to when Bristol got Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea. There are top quality loans available from PL squads, just have to be patient.

It’s a market we haven’t utilised enough, but believe we will this summer.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:10 am

Oh the suspense...I'm back to checking this sodding website every 5 minutes again.

I can't live like this, it's not healthy!!!

Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:14 am

Maloby_Blue wrote:Oh the suspense...I'm back to checking this sodding website every 5 minutes again.

I can't live like this, it's not healthy!!!

I’m doing exactly the same mate. That and looking on wiki and YouTube whenever a name is mentioned. :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:54 pm

We wait in hope ... Is this the Scotland player at the Euro's who was mentioned on here ???

Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:50 pm

[quote="TopCat CCFC"]We wait in hope ... Is this the Scotland player at the Euro's who was mentioned on here ???[/quote

If we sign Shankland I'd be flabbergasted. In fact, if we do I'll turn up for our first home match with my face painted blue in just my Speedo's!

Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:47 pm

Where is this supposed 3rd signing then!!!!

Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:17 am

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:We wait in hope ... Is this the Scotland player at the Euro's who was mentioned on here ???[/quote

If we sign Shankland I'd be flabbergasted. In fact, if we do I'll turn up for our first home match with my face painted blue in just my Speedo's!

The guy knows where the back of the net is .

Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:09 pm

Any striker will do who can score , I'd give Colwill a run as a central striker

Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:14 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:
Einstein wrote:For the last three or four years we've left the striker until the last minute and ended up with nothing or garbage. We need to invest in a goalscorer

Under an embargo, it makes sense. Very hard to get any decent striker for free.

Now we can spend, let’s hope the club are working hard on getting a couple over the line!

Cheeky bid for Adrien Rabiot he's available on a free,just turned down Juve contract offer ?