Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will become law, if only this had been in place before Tan

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:59 am

Before Vincent Tan Stripped is of our identity and divided our club

Never been the same and won’t be till Our Badge is restored permanently and he’s gone.

KICK START Huge change to English football unveiled in massive win for fans – how will it affect your club?
And it would ban clubs from joining breakaway tournaments like the ill-fated European Super League

Jack Elsom, Chief Political Correspondent

Wednesday 17 Jul 2024

Football fans will be protected from dodgy owners who risk wrecking their club’s finances , heritage, identities, Sir Keir Starmer has promised.

A new regulator will be established to oversee the beautiful game - and if needed swipe cash from the Premier League and distribute it to struggling lower teams.

These owners will not be allowed to do what they want with the fans clubs..

And it would ban clubs from joining breakaway tournaments like the ill-fated European Super League.

Today’s King’s Speech revives the Football Governance Bill that was first proposed by Rishi Sunak but failed to clear Parliament before the election.

The blueprint to stop more clubs going bust received cross-party support and so has been brought back under a Labour government virtually unchanged.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Will become law, if only this had been in place before T

Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:42 am

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:30 am

So based on this I don’t think many of our most recent owners would have passed the test. Tan changed the kit and the badge,Risdale took us to the brink of extinction, Sam changed the badge and nearly bankrupted the club. So excuse me if I’m sceptical about this working.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:43 am

I love NP wrote:So based on this I don’t think many of our most recent owners would have passed the test. Tan changed the kit and the badge,Risdale took us to the brink of extinction, Sam changed the badge and nearly bankrupted the club. So excuse me if I’m sceptical about this working.

Actually The Valley Rams changed the badge and designed it a fact as Sam met them and they chose and decided it all, A FACT.

I think it’s a great new law

It’s better to have it in place than nothing in place.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:35 am

Wait, what? The Valley Rams changed our club badge in the Sam era? Is that true? :laughing6:

Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:38 am

SB 1927 wrote:Wait, what? The Valley Rams changed our club badge in the Sam era? Is that true? :laughing6:

Always one Clown

A meeting was called and Sam met Gwyn, Corky, Big Sam etc in Porth and yes they designed it and asked for it.

So yes a fact.

When clowns don’t know what’s happened or did happen.

I never accepted it.

Sam never did anything without meeting and asking the fans first.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:48 am

I said this to that journalist when we had that big meeting at the Corporation that it should be made law that clubs should be able to keep their brand. I'm glad now that something is being put in place. Credit goes to us who stuck and supported the blue.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:53 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I said this to that journalist when we had that big meeting at the Corporation that it should be made law that clubs should be able to keep their brand. I'm glad now that something is being put in place. Credit goes to us who stuck and supported the blue.

You did Ian,

And this is a very positive move by the Government.

But somehow we have the usual suspects putting negativity on it.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:55 am

Just seen this on your FB Ian,

Great photo of us, not many of us away there, but those their as usual we’re loyal to the end :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

No matter who the owner or manager was, it’s OUR CLUB.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:45 pm

Really cold night Annis.

Driving back in a snow storm, dangerous going and I only had Derby to get to while all you others had to get back to South Wales. I'm told some of you dod not get back until 6 am, what a track it was for you lot.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:47 pm

I don't have a problem with changing the badge every now & then as everyone on here seems to think we should have a different badge to the next person. The badge at the top of this page while I like it is not our original badge while some people actually liked that horrible black & yellow monstrosity, no 4 people seem to be able to agree on a badge, for me a simple bluebird would suffice with the one at the top of the page would probably be my second choice.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Really cold night Annis.

Driving back in a snow storm, dangerous going and I only had Derby to get to while all you others had to get back to South Wales. I'm told some of you dod not get back until 6 am, what a track it was for you lot.

Very true Ian.

But we love it and that’s what we do for the Love of Our Club.

I’ve watched City 7 times away at Darlington and 8 times away at Hartlepool.

It’s great when it’s the diehards

Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:50 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:I don't have a problem with changing the badge every now & then as everyone on here seems to think we should have a different badge to the next person. The badge at the top of this page while I like it is not our original badge while some people actually liked that horrible black & yellow monstrosity, no 4 people seem to be able to agree on a badge, for me a simple bluebird would suffice with the one at the top of the page would probably be my second choice.

Well I do agree but I would like with the Bluebird / Cardiff City written above.

I also do love the Badge at the top as it includes everything

Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:I don't have a problem with changing the badge every now & then as everyone on here seems to think we should have a different badge to the next person. The badge at the top of this page while I like it is not our original badge while some people actually liked that horrible black & yellow monstrosity, no 4 people seem to be able to agree on a badge, for me a simple bluebird would suffice with the one at the top of the page would probably be my second choice.

Well I do agree but I would like with the Bluebird / Cardiff City written above.

I also do love the Badge at the top as it includes everything

Yeah the badge at the top is a proper good football badge. It’s my favourite by far.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SB 1927 wrote:Wait, what? The Valley Rams changed our club badge in the Sam era? Is that true? :laughing6:

Always one Clown

A meeting was called and Sam met Gwyn, Corky, Big Sam etc in Porth and yes they designed it and asked for it.

So yes a fact.

I never accepted it.

A clown because I asked if it was true? I honestly didn't know.

Very random.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:49 pm

SB 1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Always one Clown

So yes a fact.

I never accepted it.

Very random.

No because usually you are a very sensible poster and intelligent.

But you never just asked , you were pure trying to take the pisss and sarcastic if your honest.

But yes I told you the 100% Truth

Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:38 pm

I’m delighted the new Labour Government have picked this up, having been initially proposed by the previous Government.

One of the worst things about the timing of the election was that important bills like this didn’t have time to get through all the stages.

But thankfully it will now happen. It has cross party support and obviously Labour have a huge majority so there will be no issues in getting it through.

It is needed when you see that owners have been destroying clubs - just look at Bury and Reading.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:40 pm

I was there with you and Annis that night Ian in Boro.

Was a freezing cold night and only about 80 of us. A very late return to Cardiff. I then got a train back to Worcester from Cardiff a few hours later.

But throughout that period of our history, the fans that stayed true to Blue can be proud.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:46 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

I was there with you and Annis that night Ian in Boro.

Was a freezing cold night and only about 80 of us. A very late return to Cardiff. I then got a train back to Worcester from Cardiff a few hours later.

But throughout that period of our history, the fans that stayed true to Blue can be proud.

You were Ned and proud and yes us liberated totally loyal to Our Identity and Very Proud if it.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:53 pm

About time these idiots no longer get there way with clubs they own it's a great new law

Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:54 pm

brickyblue wrote:About time these idiots no longer get there way with clubs they own it's a great new law

100% agree

Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:31 am

Never easy to replace owners once in place.... Everton takeover off again is this the 3rd time? ncast was same thing! Fair few clubs still have owners that are not wanted but cannot be replaced? Maybe something should be in place to make it easier to replace bad owners..

Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SB 1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Always one Clown

So yes a fact.

I never accepted it.

Very random.

No because usually you are a very sensible poster and intelligent.

But you never just asked , you were pure trying to take the pisss and sarcastic if your honest.

But yes I told you the 100% Truth

I don’t think he was taking the piss mate.

Great law though, as people have said, a little late for us but I learnt a lot about myself during that period and a lot about other people too. No regrets, just lessons.