Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Positives vibes?

Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:38 pm

Who else is feeling positive and optimistic about our chances of a top 6 finish this coming season ? .

Re: Positives vibes?

Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:42 pm

Quite positive BUT it all hinges on getting a striker for me because we're not getting far with what we have at the moment.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:42 pm

Actually I like it that Erol Bulut has said he is going for Top 2 and worst Top 6
And says he has the full backing.

For me I like to hear ambition and not just another season of just either plodding in the Championship or just happy to stay up.

It’s about time we were now challenging for promotion, So Yes that makes me feel positive.

But we need at least One Quality Striker and everyone knows that.
Before the season starts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:03 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Quite positive BUT it all hinges on getting a striker for me because we're not getting far with what we have at the moment.

Agree it will depend on signings but I got a good feeling after the 2 we've got in already , I can see some decent players coming in .

Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:31 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Quite positive BUT it all hinges on getting a striker for me because we're not getting far with what we have at the moment.

I agree that a striker is very much key, but, in order to score, they must be given good service to deliver on goals, so a decent playmaker is also a must or at the very least, a decent crosser of the ball.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:41 pm

The squad at the moment is a not a top 6 team

However, a top quality striker and 2/3 Young ambitious loanees will give us a decent chance of the playoffs :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:58 pm

We need 2 quality strikers. We need decent cover for injuries, what we have are not good enough.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:59 pm

Looking forward to the new season & my expectations are higher than last season. We need 2 quality strikers, a winger and a box to box midfielder. If we can avoid injuries to Ramsay & O'Dowda then I believe we can achieve a top 6 finish.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:35 pm

Think we need 4 more players who would be definite starters and top end championship players For me that would be a left back two midfielder's and a striker but we may need two quality strikers

Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:55 pm

So far so good as far as signings are concerned. Four more of the same quality including at least one striker and we'll have a squad capable of challenging for play offs.

However, the biggest issue is Bulut's style of play and tactics. If he does as promised and goes more attacking then we have a chance, if it's the same boring crap as last season, it won't matter who he signs.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:07 pm

If Callum Robinson can get back to the form he showed 2 years ago that would be the equivalent of a very good new signing

Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:10 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:If Callum Robinson can get back to the form he showed 2 years ago that would be the equivalent of a very good new signing
I agree

Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:28 pm

Agreed.

I also like that our 2 signings to date have prem experience and not L2 prospects.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:34 pm

Yeh I’m feeling optimistic for this season , good signings so far , looking forward to 4/5 quality players coming next few weeks ,
And have chucked a £20 on us to go up 15/1 , worth a shot :laughing5:

Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:Who else is feeling positive and optimistic about our chances of a top 6 finish this coming season ? .

I haven't seen any positives yet, more freebies and empty promises. Early days yet but it seems that we are heading in a better direction than last season. Time will tell. :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:10 pm

It’s a good start in terms of signings. Two players who bring quality.

As others have said, the striker signing will be the key. I genuinely believe if we had a goalscoring striker last season then we would have competed for top six.

Just over three weeks until the season starts and I can’t wait.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:02 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:If Callum Robinson can get back to the form he showed 2 years ago that would be the equivalent of a very good new signing

But you could also say if all the players who aren’t top end championship start performing that way that would also be the equivalent of a new signing.

I think his race is run sadly.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:26 pm

IMHO I think the club should show some ambition for once and try and get Shankland from Hearts. He'll be 29 next month so at his peak and has a year left on his contract.

This could be the last move and pay day of his career.

Let's see how serious City are about promotion or if its all hot air / Dalman bullshit again.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:43 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Who else is feeling positive and optimistic about our chances of a top 6 finish this coming season ? .

I haven't seen any positives yet, more freebies and empty promises. Early days yet but it seems that we are heading in a better direction than last season. Time will tell. :bluescarf:

This is how I see it as well. I want to be positive for the new start to the season, but nothing has got me excited yet. We’ve brought in 2 players for free, signed some youth contracts that are questionable and brought back a player from the Belgium league. All I see is a mid table team at best.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:50 pm

Abergavenny wrote:Think we need 4 more players who would be definite starters and top end championship players For me that would be a left back two midfielder's and a striker but we may need two quality strikers

Agree - For me up top pay for a striker and get another on loan from a Premier team - Look at Liverpool for the loan .

Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:29 pm

I keep banging on about it and have been slated for it, what would give me positive vibes is evidence that the manager can play another way, use another tactic, get it trialled and tested , so when needed it will be familiar, no evidence yet, I dislike his Bulutball tactic so much particularly at home, but not to have other formations is crazy where you have to adapt to game changes, it cost Southgate in Germany.

As for recruitment , to early to tell. I hate being this negative, I’m a positive dude! But mid table again for me if we get further signings that aren’t a big improvement on Bowler, Grant and Diedou.

Still, despite expecting to see that tactic again at home, I can’t wait to get back in the stadium, get it rocking, and I will behind the manager and team in full voice even though i didn’t want him to re sign for us!

12 games in including cup ties, I hope to be singing his praises

Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:10 pm

I think the OP was looking for others who also had positive vibes - and I am one of those. One can have positive vibes even without having great expectations or worries. I don't know what will come - whether we end up in another relegation battle or get into the playoffs - but at this point I've got those 'positive vibes'. I have this tantalising hopium that it could just, yes just, work out.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:26 pm

Yes, keep the signigs ticking over. It's who we're letting go aswell that is positive.

Wintle, decent enough, but wouldn't be part of a top 6 Startig XI. Showing we need to look at better quality ( at last).

If we can add Kasey McAteer, an attacking Mid, two strikers, and a good RB an CB, then I'll be over the moon.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:07 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Yes, keep the signigs ticking over. It's who we're letting go aswell that is positive.

Wintle, decent enough, but wouldn't be part of a top 6 Startig XI. Showing we need to look at better quality ( at last).

If we can add Kasey McAteer, an attacking Mid, two strikers, and a good RB an CB, then I'll be over the moon.

Have to agree with your wish list Barclay. :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:59 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Yes, keep the signigs ticking over. It's who we're letting go aswell that is positive.

Have to agree with your wish list Barclay. :bluescarf:

me to

as for aspirations of top 6 lets see where we are at xmas time and if we are in the mix will be interesting to see if the board back Bulut in the January window that's if he is still with us !

I think Burnley and Luton will go straight back up as top 2
sheffield Utd and Leeds in the play offs

that leaves another 2 spots

Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:03 pm

I don't like Bulut(would prefer a British manager) I think we'll struggle as the squad stands, i'll reserve judgement until the new signings arrive. No way we'd get promotion with this squad. Having said all that, i didn't think Warnock would get us promoted and he did.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:39 pm

Thought we would have got another player in by this weekend - before the tour ...
Still waiting to see who we were linked with from the Scotland Euro squad ...