Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Another youngster gone

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:12 pm

https://x.com/thesecretscout_/status/18 ... 94837?s=46

Re: Another youngster gone

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:19 pm

As I've said all top teams are raiding efl clubs academies of best youngsters for future selling to help with ffp if he doesn't make it? ... he will be classed as academy product so man c will have 100% full sale price taken off ffp and he categorically will sell for more than they paid in compo its just criminal.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:27 pm

The academy is producing big time recently we need to get academy 1 status to stop this poaching of our talent.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:28 pm

wez1927 wrote:The academy is producing big time recently we need to get academy 1 status to stop this poaching of our talent.

Spot on, the only way of solving this.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:41 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:The academy is producing big time recently we need to get academy 1 status to stop this poaching of our talent.

I'm pissed right off about it all tbh it all ties in to what I'm saying about the u21/23, how can any manager do ok when all the very talented players are basically being taken away by the higher grade academy's? Before they hit that age group each sesson , the one thing is tho the academy is definitely paying for it self with the compensation payments it's getting.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:49 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

No it wont solve the problem all it will mean is man c would have to pay more in compensation to take them away? At end day cannot stop anyone from going somewhere to improve his education ! Only rule regarding taking under 17s is tied in what inducements can offer parents.. I thought couldn't take from academy 1 clubs but not so.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:55 pm

Whole system stinks!!

Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:34 pm

Sadly there isn't really anything we can do against the likes of Man City.

They can do what they like as we've seen time and time again

Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Sadly there isn't really anything we can do against the likes of Man City.

They can do what they like as we've seen time and time again

Blame efl they're the ones who sighned it off years ago! This clause about them taking academy players was a delayed clause implemented several yrs after original agreement was made so it quietely came in without fuss..