Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff are also keen on Striker Tyrese :

Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:37 am

Cardiff are also keen on free agent Tyrese Campbell, 24, who has just departed Stoke City after eight years.

Stoke have not offered Campbell a new contract

The six-foot striker, son of the late former Arsenal, Everton and West Brom attacker Kevin Campbell, scored 31 league goals in 146 games in the Potteries.

Luton, West Brom, Hull, Sheffield United and Preston are all tracking the player who joined Stoke from Man City's adademy for £1.75m after turning down a pro deal with the EPL Champions in 2016.

Stoke City 146 appearances / 31 goals

Shrewsbury Town 15 appearances / 5 goals
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff are also keen on Striker Tyrese :

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:05 am

Better than what we have but not by much in my thought

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:07 am

Would be a great signing.

Games/Goals/Ave Rating below..

Stoke City
2023/2024

Stoke City
2022/2023

Stoke City
2021/2022

Stoke City
2020/2021

Stoke City
2019/2020

Yet to hit double figures, but he's always caught the eye? Stoke haven't exactly been setting the world alight in that period. A good age, also for that experience.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:58 am

Hope not. Watched him a few times over the years and he is no better than what we have already in my opinion.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:44 am

Looks like agents fluff to me.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 9:36 am

I would be happy with this, he is only going to get better. These big lads don't start getting going until 25/26.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:20 am

llan bluebird wrote:I would be happy with this, he is only going to get better. These big lads don't start getting going until 25/26.

That's an odd assumption

Players are athletes these days and peak condition is sustained over a longer period of time

as for the player would be a great addition to the squad

Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:34 am

Not good enough for Stoke but good enough for us...

Has a goals to games ratio of over 1 in 5. As a minimum we need a 1 in 3 striker at this level...

NO NO NO from me.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:14 pm

Einstein wrote:Not good enough for Stoke but good enough for us...

Has a goals to games ratio of over 1 in 5. As a minimum we need a 1 in 3 striker at this level...

NO NO NO from me.

Do we need to take into account that stoke have struggled past two seasons? Also hopefully be set up a more attacking system that will suit him in fact suit any striker we want! Getting a striker that scored 15 goals previous season does not garauntee 15+ goals If join us ....... hardest position to fill is a striker.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:20 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I would be happy with this, he is only going to get better. These big lads don't start getting going until 25/26.

Strange considering some of the best strikers have been big lads who have been smashing in goals before they were even 21

Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

NO NO NO from me.

Do we need to take into account that stoke have struggled past two seasons? Also hopefully be set up a more attacking system that will suit him in fact suit any striker we want! Getting a striker that scored 15 goals previous season does not garauntee 15+ goals If join us ....... hardest position to fill is a striker.

Al maybe he's one of the reasons they've struggled... :thumbdown:

Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:07 pm

Einstein wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

NO NO NO from me.

Al maybe he's one of the reasons they've struggled... :thumbdown:

Good point but as we've seen with us if dont support strikers they will look bad... think we need to trust buluts choices as he as all the info on players he wants... even etete could profit from more forward thinking play from city? :o

Sat Jul 20, 2024 3:42 pm

Keiffer was the only striker recently who has done well here for a while but we had decent service from good loan players like Wilson that season .Its important that we actually improve the chances and situations where any striker we have or buy are given ,that’s been our most pressing problem the last couple of seasons :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:36 pm

frank skinner wrote:Keiffer was the only striker recently who has done well here for a while but we had decent service from good loan players like Wilson that season .Its important that we actually improve the chances and situations where any striker we have or buy are given ,that’s been our most pressing problem the last couple of seasons :bluescarf:

Very true Frank

Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:55 pm

Ex-England international Carlton Palmer believes it is going to be a tight race for the signature of Tyrese Campbell this summer, but has tipped Glasgow Rangers to fend off interest from West Bromwich Albion and Cardiff City among others.

The former Stoke City man is a free agent after his contract at the bet365 Stadium came to an end earlier in the summer, leading to a whole host of clubs looking to swoop for the striker’s services.

As well as the Baggies and the Bluebirds, Queens Park Rangers, Sheffield United and Preston North End have also been linked with the 24-year-old in recent weeks, after his association with the Potters came to an end.

The son of the late former Arsenal and Everton front-man Kevin found the net four times in 24 appearances for City last season whilst struggling with injuries at times, and Palmer believes long-term admirers Rangers could be the ones to lure him to Glasgow this summer.

The Ibrox outfit have been interested in Campbell for quite some time now, with their initial courtship beginning back in 2020, although the striker decided to stay with the the Staffordshire outft at the time.