Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City confirmed squad for Austria!

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:10 am

Cardiff City confirmed squad for Austria!

Updated:

Just been told Wintle is going on a free transfer and Romeo has been told as well, will remain at Cardiff till clubs are found

Ryan Wintle left out of Cardiff's squad for tour to Austria and he has been to he is free to leave the club this summer.

“ Ryan Wintle been told he can leave On a Free and to find a Club “

Signed a 3 year new deal less than a year ago and been in the team consistently

28 MAN SQUAD TAKEN TO AUSTRIA

Hamburg are now a 2nd Division Club

Hertha (Ger) a 2nd Division German Club

Mamelodi (Rsa) South Africa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City confirmed squad for Austria!

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:11 am

The three matches :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:14 am

No wintle or Romeo? Injured or on their way???

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:18 am

ScottCcfc27 wrote:No wintle or Romeo? Injured or on their way???

Ryan Wintle left out of Cardiff's squad for tour to Austria and he has been to he is free to leave the club this summer.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:20 am

It is the Hamburg Keegan played for who are now in Div 2

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:29 am

Abergavenny wrote:It is the Hamburg Keegan played for who are now in Div 2

Yes

I loved watching Keegan

Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:48 am

For anyone going to Austria Mamelodi Sundowns should probably be a good opponent for us.

2 days ago (17th July) they were beaten 1-0 by Dynamo Kiev, in Austria, after losing to a German 3rd division club.

We will be their 3rd game in Austria

https://www.goal.com/en/lists/mamelodi-sundowns-fall-to-ukrainian-giants-dynamo-kyiv-in-second-pre-season-loss/blt0cd23484480a9fdd#cs2c05fc45ff456958

Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yes

I loved watching Keegan

the team who scored in the last seconds to beat us in the semi finals of the cup winners cup and deny us a possible European final. As a young boy i didnt realise what a privilege it was to have great European nights at Ninian

Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:46 pm

I notice keiron Evans also not included in tour squad assume he'll go out on loan again or even be offloaded permanently.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:08 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:I notice keiron Evans also not included in tour squad assume he'll go out on loan again or even be offloaded permanently.

Madness as Evans is 23 yrs old in September and spent last two seasons at Torquay and Gateshead

Why the hell have kept him and Tom Davies?????

Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:08 pm

Just been told Wintle is going on a free transfer and Romeo has been told as well, will remain at Cardiff till clubs are found

Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:37 pm

Some good players in that squad for sure (especially with Ramsey and O'Dowda back and the addition of Chambers)...it's defo not a top 6 contender yet though. Hope Bulut continues to work his magic in the transfer window!!!

Must admit, I'm a tad disappointed to only have 2 newbies in before they leave.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pontlliwblue wrote:I notice keiron Evans also not included in tour squad assume he'll go out on loan again or even be offloaded permanently.

Madness as Evans is 23 yrs old in September and spent last two seasons at Torquay and Gateshead

Why the hell have kept him and Tom Davies?????

I am at a loss on this one. I thought, perhaps they saw something in his loan spells that told him he could be a deep squad player, but not traveling is so strange.

How does the u24 compensation thing work? I know Leeds offered Drameh a contract but he rejected it, so whoever he goes to will have to pay compensation, how does this work? Did we offer these lads new contract for this, but they accepted?

Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Three Matches:

It’s not The Hamburg it’s a 2nd Division Hamburg

Hertha (Ger) a 2nd Division German Club

Mamelodi (Rsa) South Africa

It's hamburg one of the biggest clubs in German history you're wrong annis they had financial trouble recently.up untill 2019 they played every season in the top German division there stadium holds 57k, there a big club

Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:12 pm

Yes they fallen on hard times since covid but they are a massive club

Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:33 pm

Doesn't Glatzel play for them?

Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:55 pm

nick_strin wrote:Doesn't Glatzel play for them?

Yes he does.. we definitely didn’t get the best out of him

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:11 pm

nick_strin wrote:Doesn't Glatzel play for them?

Yes he does.. we definitely didn’t get the best out of him

Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just been told Wintle is going on a free transfer and Romeo has been told as well, will remain at Cardiff till clubs are found

WOL have it as “free to leave”, but still requires a transfer fee for him to leave.

Surely any fee will suffice and wages should be negotiable for other clubs.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:02 am

Let's hope even with this tour going on that we are sorting players out behind the scenes ...

Sat Jul 20, 2024 3:42 pm

Still not spent any transfer money yet on a named player
A stiker still alludes us with 3 weeks till kick off and would have been nice for a new striker to be in austria we have got 2 in so far to replace grant Phillips and bowler.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:48 pm

IMG_9321.jpg

UEFA CUP WINNERS' CUP
Semi-Finals 1st Leg Wed, Apr 24, 1968

HSV Hamburg (Sandmann 69mins) 1-1 Cardiff City (Dean 5)
Volksparkstadion
Attendance: 64.410
Referee: José Maria Ortiz de Mendibil

Hamburger SV
Özcan Arkoç - Egon Horst, Jürgen Kurbjuhn, Holger Dieckmann, Hans-Jürgen Hellfritz, Helmut Sandmann - Franz-Josef Hönig, Heinz Libuda, Hans Schulz, Werner Krämer - Gert Dörfel
Manager - Kurt Koch

Cardiff City
Bob Wilson - Don Murray, Bobby Ferguson, David Carver - Barrie Jones, Leslie Lea, Malcolm Clarke, Brian Harris - Peter King, Norman Dean, John Toshack
Manager - Jimmy Scoular

Semi-Finals 2nd Leg Wed, May 1, 1968

Cardiff City (Dean 12mins, Harris 78) 2-3 HSV Hamburg (Hönig 15, 90, Seeler 57)
Ninian Park
Attendance: 43.070
Referee: Lau van Ravens

Cardiff City
Bob Wilson - Don Murray, Bobby Ferguson, David Carver - Barrie Jones, Leslie Lea, Malcolm Clarke, Brian Harris - Norman Dean, Peter King, John Toshack

Hamburger SV
Özcan Arkoç - Egon Horst, Jürgen Kurbjuhn, Holger Dieckmann, Hans-Jürgen Hellfritz, Helmut Sandmann - Franz-Josef Hönig, Hans Schulz, Werner Krämer - Gert Dörfel, Uwe Seeler

IMG_9324.jpg

IMG_9325.jpg