Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Ryan Wintle been told he can leave “

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:24 am

“ Ryan Wintle been told he can leave On a Free and to find a Club “

Signed a 3 year new deal less than a year ago and been in the team consistently

Re: “ Ryan Wintle been told he can leave “

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:37 am

i thought we could have got a small fee for him, club must be desperate to get him off the wage bill

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:42 am

Bluebird 67 wrote:i thought we could have got a small fee for him, club must be desperate to get him off the wage bill

Maybe without a fee some team could match the wages he has at City Otherwise he could stay at City doing nothing for us

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:44 am

Abergavenny wrote:
Bluebird 67 wrote:i thought we could have got a small fee for him, club must be desperate to get him off the wage bill

Maybe without a fee some team could match the wages he has at City Otherwise he could stay at City doing nothing for us

The wages will be the stumbling block to get rid

Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

I suppose that’s why the club wants to shift asap too Annis.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:36 am

Not really surprised by that given that we’re looking at midfield players more surprised that Rino has traveled to Austria

Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:15 am

If we wanna move forward then we need to be ruthless. Wintle seems like a nice bloke but sadly isn't good enough for where we wanna be

Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

He's not on a lot can't see wages being a problem tbh.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:27 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

Hes on just shy of £12,000 a week I think.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:28 am

Sowerby_CCFC wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

Hes on just shy of £12,000 a week I think.

I thought it always 8k but 12k isn't a lot for a championship midfielder tbh can't see it being a problem

Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:57 am

There must be some concrete interest in Wintle. Can't see how we would take Rino and King on tour ahead of him otherwise.

Even if he's down the pecking order a bit, Bulut still played him a lot last year. Very strange!

Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:01 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:There must be some concrete interest in Wintle. Can't see how we would take Rino and King on tour ahead of him otherwise.

Even if he's down the pecking order a bit, Bulut still played him a lot last year. Very strange!

Agree

Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:04 pm

Few rumours on X saying that it’s a dressing room issue. Not sure how true this is..

Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:06 pm

DobbinJunior wrote:Few rumours on X saying that it’s a dressing room issue. Not sure how true this is..

Seems weird

Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:19 pm

Strange, one of the managers regulars. In that 2 player holding role. Can’t help be suspicious of something amiss here. As the manager has given no sign of changing that tactic so therefore surely we need him to stay? Saw him at the Kiddiminster game in his tracksuit. Unexpected this one

Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:37 pm

We need better than him anyway.

We need a 6 who can hold his own and help control the game.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:06 pm

Just been told Wintle is going on a free transfer and Romeo has been told as well, will remain at Cardiff till clubs are found

Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just been told Wintle is going on a free transfer and Romeo has been told as well, will remain at Cardiff till clubs are found

Been told wintle has had a falling out amd is classed as a bad egg in the changing room , something has gone down recently.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just been told Wintle is going on a free transfer and Romeo has been told as well, will remain at Cardiff till clubs are found

Blackpool are interested in Wintle. Did he not go on lone to them?

Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:54 pm

Haven't we got enough cover for that position? So guess bulut as preference for other players this season ? It's 10k off weekly wage bill
Every little helps.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:42 pm

I can't help but think he has been the sacrificial lamb for Buluts tactics last season. He couldn't adapt to the sqaud he had, so he had to change it.

Rambo then Ralls are a different level but will not see out 75 min so forget about 40 games. Turnbull looks a panic buy to change things but didn't, he looked lost most of the time.
Siopis gets a free pass from nearly all the city fans even though he gave the ball away (visually) more than Wintle. We were so poor, local lad Colwill tried to do it all on his own, and he looks like a poor decision-maker and greedy (he maybe) !!!!

I don't think its Wintle, but its Bulut's team and he makes the decisions.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:47 pm

And thinking about it, isn't this a rather public rebuke?

It's not the best way of offloading an asset.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:57 pm

I think it's because he said in the last three transfer windows my best mate Kieffer Moore is definitely joining us.

Not a great miss for us.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:03 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I can't help but think he has been the sacrificial lamb for Buluts tactics last season. He couldn't adapt to the sqaud he had, so he had to change it.

Rambo then Ralls are a different level but will not see out 75 min so forget about 40 games. Turnbull looks a panic buy to change things but didn't, he looked lost most of the time.
Siopis gets a free pass from nearly all the city fans even though he gave the ball away (visually) more than Wintle. We were so poor, local lad Colwill tried to do it all on his own, and he looks like a poor decision-maker and greedy (he maybe) !!!!

I don't think its Wintle, but its Bulut's team and he makes the decisions.

Ultimately bulut needs to be happy and have faith in his squad. If wintle doesn’t do what he wants then no point keeping him around.

Ramsey and ralls granted Won’t play 90 every week for a season. But they are effective and trusted.

I’m assuming bulut has the replacements lines up. Otherwise why get rid?

That said I actually think turnbull is a good signing and very neat on the ball with the ability to play 8 and 10. We have king back who had 2 very good loans at good levels.
Joel colwill is starting to get game time too.

If wintle goes it saves wages that can be spent where the manager wants the strengthen.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:53 pm

Abergavenny wrote:

Spot On .

Sat Jul 20, 2024 9:49 am

Let him go. Not a top 6 player.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:44 pm

Has his moments and will find game time in the championship, but not at a team pushing for play offs