Sat Jul 20, 2024 9:47 am

Welsh League Cup Rd 1

Afan Lido ( part of Port Talbot ) 1 Cardiff City U21’s 3

Purse’s 4th year as manager of Cardiff City’s U21’s

( Conceded 10 goals in 2 games )

Barry Town 5 Cardiff City U21’s 3

Cardiff City U21’s 3 Potters Bar Town 5

Darren Purse :

“If you look at the week as a whole, from Potters Bar to Barry Town United to Afan Lido,I think it’s been an excellent experience for everyone involved."

“Results really do matter and today was one of them.”

“I’m happy to get through.”

“There are certain games this year that we’re trying to target, where results really do matter because it gives you a different mind set within the game, and today was one of them.”

“I thought at times that our performance was really good, and you could see what the boys have learned from the last two games against senior opposition. I was delighted with how we defended set pieces, with eight corners in the first half and defending them really well.

“We could have scored more goals, particularly in the second half, but it’s nice to be in the next round and it’s another game to test ourselves with.

“If you look at the week as a whole, from Potters Bar to Barry Town United to Fan Lido, I think it’s been an excellent experience for everyone involved. With the team tonight you can see there are a lot of scholars amongst it, and when you have Academy players going to play in Austria with the First Team, you can see that there is progression and the Academy is in a really good place at the moment.

“The new players who have joined us over the summer fit in very well to the Academy and bring a really physical profile to the group, which is fantastic. The way the recruitment is working, we’re bringing in players who enhance the programme and the other players already in the group."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Darren Purse : “If you look at the week as a whole”

Sat Jul 20, 2024 9:51 am

CCFC:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 3:05 pm

My View:

Purse has an even better squad of full-time U21 players this season and i expect the defence improve dramatically and see us play better football.

Despite the involvement with the 1st team last season Giles is with them

Nyakuhwa, Twose, Wigley, Beecher and Barton some good players even on the bench.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 3:48 pm

The only thing that matters really is that we produce players who are good enough for the first team squad .Results are great but it’s not the be all and end all ,Let’s just get a joined up pattern of play dictated by the way Bulut wants to play and give those players the best chance to progress to that level :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 20, 2024 3:51 pm

frank skinner wrote:The only thing that matters really is that we produce players who are good enough for the first team squad .Results are great but it’s not the be all and end all ,Let’s just get a joined up pattern of play dictated by the way Bulut wants to play and give those players the best chance to progress to that level :bluescarf:

But if you concede 10 goals against lower than low opposition, these players will only go down hill.

Winning, passing, good football produces belief and players then only improve.

We should always go out to win every games d you can’t tell me it’s good for our Full-time players to get beat week after week and last season get hammered by clubs like Fleetwood.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:28 pm

We should have won all games very comfortably.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:41 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:We should have won all games very comfortably.

Without a doubt

Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:52 am

Replies: