Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Another Cardiff player going out on loan again’ ‘

Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:39 pm

Kieron Evans 23 yrs old in 6wks spent last season on loan to Non League Gateshead and the season before on loan to non league Torquay and the season before to Irish club Linfield.

Do only 5 appearances for City.

For me this is utter madness and we should be looking at players who will be Championship Quality.
And please stop sending our players to the Non League.

Evans contract ran out last month and the shock was he was offered a new one as most believed he was being released.

Apparently he’s being now sent out on loan yet again and this time Scotland , Ross County are favourites to have him.

Re: ‘ Another Cardiff player going out on loan again’ ‘

Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:42 pm

What was the point in giving a new contract for one year when he is going to be out on loan anyway, should've released him and saved some wages

Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Kieron Evans 23 yrs old in 6wks spent last season on loan to Non League Gateshead and the season before on loan to non league Torquay and the season before to Irish club Linfield.

For me this is utter madness and we should be looking at players who will be Championship Quality.

Evans contract ran out last month and the shock was he was offered a new one as most believed he was being released.

Apparently he’s being now sent out on loan yet again and this time Scotland , Ross County are favourites to have him.

Kin MADNESS!!

What was the point? We have nothing to gain from this ???

Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:52 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Kieron Evans 23 yrs old in 6wks spent last season on loan to Non League Gateshead and the season before on loan to non league Torquay and the season before to Irish club Linfield.

Kin MADNESS!!

Honestly, I would love to know as if this is true, it’s beyond madness???

Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:54 pm

danielrees17 wrote:What was the point in giving a new contract for one year when he is going to be out on loan anyway, should've released him and saved some wages

Well I think it was madness giving him it anyway, but if it’s true then it’s utter madness.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:11 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Kin MADNESS!!

You're right it's complete madness, one step beyond, an embarrassment, this is a grey day for Cardiff and if I rant on anymore I'll give myself a cardiac arrest.

Anyway, I'll shut up now :laughing6:

Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:03 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Kin MADNESS!!

You're right it's complete madness, one step beyond, an embarrassment, this is a grey day for Cardiff and if I rant on anymore I'll give myself a cardiac arrest.

Anyway, I'll shut up now :laughing6:

:laughing6: :laughing6:

Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:26 pm

Incredible. This is why we need a Director of Football. Someone is making these ridiculous decisions. But who? It must be SOMEONE. If we had a DOF he could explain the reasons for the decisions and therefore engage with the fans. Then we have transparency and then we can understand these decisions whether we agree or disagree with them. But at the moment we cannot understand what’s happening because on the surface there is no logic to them.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:42 pm

The only strategy I can guess at here is that the club is registeriing a number of young players to then automatically loan them out. If they do well they can be sold for a fee. They are not being registered with the real prospect of ever playing for our first team. Bizarre strategy if that's the case.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 9:07 pm

Normally i would give an alternative prospective of this! but unfortunately I have no clue why would give 1yr contract and not keep player at club for that year? :roll:

Sat Jul 20, 2024 9:21 pm

We do this all the time and have done for a few years, even with high profile signings.

We did it with Ryan Wintle FFS! Signed him and then shipped him off to Blackpool where he had a fantastic season!

Whoever is behind these decisions is a first class fking muppet who shouldn't be anywhere near a professional football club.

Sat Jul 20, 2024 9:43 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:The only strategy I can guess at here is that the club is registeriing a number of young players to then automatically loan them out. If they do well they can be sold for a fee. They are not being registered with the real prospect of ever playing for our first team. Bizarre strategy if that's the case.

Well 1 Yr left he can go at end season and pick up useful signing on fee? Is there actually a benefit for giving him a contract and then let him go out ! Even if other club pays a fee it cannot be that much in grand scheme of things..... certainly not worth city giving a contract .

Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:33 pm

danielrees17 wrote:What was the point in giving a new contract for one year when he is going to be out on loan anyway, should've released him and saved some wages

Does not add up to new contract and off on loan he goes again ???

Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:38 pm

If he has more than one year with Cardiff, then maybe it’s a case they see something in him but must go back out on loan to prove it?

Otherwise, there seems to be a lot of anger for such a low risk move? If he can’t prove he’s good enough, we simply move him on, maybe even for a small fee!

However, if only a one year deal and then loaned out, then I don’t really see much value in this plan.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:07 am

Real strange one this, length of contract is too short to get any good money for him but if it’s to give him a year to prove himself why send him on loan?

Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:12 am

If he went to a league one side and did really well I could understand it. We’d probably have a straight choice then of sell or keep him in squad.
If he does well at Gateshead it proves he’s good at that level which actually gains the club nothing.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:34 pm

He had one year extension with an option of another, so makes sense they are giving him more time to see what he can do .Someone at the club obviously sees something in him.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:34 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:If he went to a league one side and did really well I could understand it. We’d probably have a straight choice then of sell or keep him in squad.
If he does well at Gateshead it proves he’s good at that level which actually gains the club nothing.

Isn't he going to ross county?

Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:02 pm

wez1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:If he went to a league one side and did really well I could understand it. We’d probably have a straight choice then of sell or keep him in squad.

Isn't he going to ross county?

Oops. My mistake. Read opening message too quickly.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:51 pm

Good Luck to the Lad - At least he will get game time and that club hopefully will pick up the wage ...