Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut himself handed last Summer a New 3yr contract

Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:58 am

Erol Bulut himself handed Wintle a three-year contract last summer, meaning he has two years still left to run on his deal, however eyebrows were raised when the midfielder was curiously left out of a Championship match away to Hull in December, with Bulut stating the player was fit and available to play but just not selected. He also accused midfielders of 'hiding' in the 2-0 loss to Swansea later in the season.

Re: Erol Bulut himself handed last Summer a New 3yr contract

Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:Erol Bulut himself handed Wintle a three-year contract last summer, meaning he has two years still left to run on his deal, however eyebrows were raised when the midfielder was curiously left out of a Championship match away to Hull in December, with Bulut stating the player was fit and available to play but just not selected. He also accused midfielders of 'hiding' in the 2-0 loss to Swansea later in the season.

I was a Wintle fan. I thought he was one our best players before last season .

For some reason last season he was truly poor and I’m not surprised we’re looking to get rid.

Players fall out with managers but I would be surprised if we let him go for nothing. The comment was that “he’s free to find a new club” surely that’s means they have to pay or maybe Bulut just wants to free up that wage ?

Just shows it’s Bulut’s way or your out and it’s about time we had a manager tough enough to do that.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:54 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Erol Bulut himself handed Wintle a three-year contract last summer, meaning he has two years still left to run on his deal, however eyebrows were raised when the midfielder was curiously left out of a Championship match away to Hull in December, with Bulut stating the player was fit and available to play but just not selected. He also accused midfielders of 'hiding' in the 2-0 loss to Swansea later in the season.

For some reason last season he was truly poor and I’m not surprised we’re looking to get rid.

Players fall out with managers but I would be surprised if we let him go for nothing. The comment was that “he’s free to find a new club” surely that’s means they have to pay or maybe Bulut just wants to free up that wage ?

Just shows it’s Bulut’s way or your out and it’s about time we had a manager tough enough to do that.

My worry is, what if No one will take his contract on?

Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:20 pm

At 500k he's a snip for someone. :lol:

Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

He's not on that much for a championship player , there will be takers for him , especially if it's a free transfer. Obviously he's fallen out with bulut .

Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I’m guessing that if that’s the case the club will reduce any fee just to save the wage.

But he’s not on big money for a Championship player anyway so could work in our favour.