Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff go after Striker and want him on loan

Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:52 pm

Cardiff City have asked Fulham about a season long loan deal for Striker Jay Stansfield aged 21

The striker was on loan at Birmingham last season and scored 12 goals in 43 appearances in the championship last season

The season before on loan at Exeter City 36 appearances / 9 goals

The season before that 5 appearances for Fulham 5 appearances / 0 goals
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff go after Striker and want him on loan

Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:20 pm

Would be a great signing on loan.

Did well in a very poor Birmingham team last season.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:20 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Would be a great signing on loan.

Did well in a very poor Birmingham team last season.

Agree

Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:43 pm

His late Dad played for Exeter for most of his career I believe.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:25 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:His late Dad played for Exeter for most of his career I believe.

They unretired his dad’s shirt so he could play in it for them. What a wonderful gesture.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:27 pm

He would be a good signing but I think we are joining a queue for his signature. I'd also like to see us actually invest in a striker. We have not had a proper number 9 on our books since Moore.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:54 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:He would be a good signing but I think we are joining a queue for his signature. I'd also like to see us actually invest in a striker. We have not had a proper number 9 on our books since Moore.

Ronnie ?

Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:01 pm

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:He would be a good signing but I think we are joining a queue for his signature. I'd also like to see us actually invest in a striker. We have not had a proper number 9 on our books since Moore.

Ronnie ?

In my book, yes…! ;) :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:20 pm

TBH I was hoping for someone with a lot more experience at this level. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's going to be a very good striker in the future but I don't believe it's what we need this season. We already have Davies and Etete at a similar age, why bring in another?

Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:24 pm

MikeO76 wrote:TBH I was hoping for someone with a lot more experience at this level. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's going to be a very good striker in the future but I don't believe it's what we need this season. We already have Davies and Etete at a similar age, why bring in another?

Stansfield scored 12 goals in a team that got relegated. Reasonable to assume he could score 20 for a top six team.

I think it’s disrespectful to Stansfield to compare him to Etete.

I have long thought that we will sign two strikers anyway. One younger one on loan and a more experienced striker on a permanent, as you’ve suggested.

Two strikers are needed as we are back to where we were last season if we sign one and they get injured.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:26 pm

Sven wrote:
Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:

Ronnie ?

In my book, yes…! ;) :lol: :ayatollah:

Classic. Made me laugh

Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:TBH I was hoping for someone with a lot more experience at this level. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's going to be a very good striker in the future but I don't believe it's what we need this season. We already have Davies and Etete at a similar age, why bring in another?

Stansfield scored 12 goals in a team that got relegated. Reasonable to assume he could score 20 for a top six team.

I think it’s disrespectful to Stansfield to compare him to Etete.

I have long thought that we will sign two strikers anyway. One younger one on loan and a more experienced striker on a permanent, as you’ve suggested.

Two strikers are needed as we are back to where we were last season if we sign one and they get injured.

20 goals? As a very wise company director once told me " to assume makes an ass out of u and me".

I think it's more disrespectful to Etete to make a comment like that.

We need an experienced striker and there's no indication as yet that we are going for 2 strikers.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:35 pm

We need a striker and get another on loan .

Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:25 am

Agreed an experienced Striker, this league is tough and we don't want to miss opportunities waiting for young ones to learn on the job, as you say we have a few like that already :thumbup:

Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:02 am

Fulham are more likely to sell him while his value is high.

Would be a really good signing but looks like a few clubs want him permanently..

Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:48 pm

There are a few reports on Twitter that Fulham have accepted a bid in the region of £5m from Birmingham City for him.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:50 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:There are a few reports on Twitter that Fulham have accepted a bid in the region of £5m from Birmingham City for him.

Yes it looks that way

Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:There are a few reports on Twitter that Fulham have accepted a bid in the region of £5m from Birmingham City for him.

Yes it looks that way

So where is the backing of bulut transfer budget?

Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:16 am

montyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes it looks that way

So where is the backing of bulut transfer budget?

Apparently Brum are offering 5-6 million, maybe Cardiff didn't think he was worth that much or decided they'd rather pay that kind of money on a more experienced striker.