Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EROL BULUT: “LATEST ON MORE PLAYERS COMING IN AND”

Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:19 am

MY VIEW:

We need at least one quality striker before the new season starts and i believe if you’re really being backed then we will see one.

You’ve spent zero and had nearly £650,000 plus more to come from Adams sale.

Wintle and Romeo told they can go.

Bulut since he was given what he wanted a new 2 yr contract, I think we will find he’s not going to push for many more new players other than loans or freebies.
Let’s hope even though the squad is not much more different than last season so far, we let go of our loans etc etc and brought in 2 new players.

Bulut I personally believe needs up to 4 quality players still to come in, if we are going for the Top 2 in the Championship.

EROL BULUTS CARDIFF CITY SQUAD SO FAR:

28 Players:

JAK ALNWICK
ELI KING
JAKE DENNIS
JOE RALLS
ETHAN HORVATH
AARON RAMSEY
JOEL BAGAN
ANDY RINOMHOTA
CALUM CHAMBERS
MANOLIS SIOPIS
JAMILU COLLINS
DAVID TURNBULL
DIMITRIOS GOUTAS
CIAN ASHFORD
RONAN KPAKIO
ISAAK DAVIES
MARK MCGUINNESS
KION ETETE
PERRY NG
YAKOU MEITE
MALACHI F-WALCOTT
CALLUM O'DOWDA
JOEL COLWILL
CALLUM ROBINSON
RUBIN COLWILL
OLLIE TANNER
RAHEEM CONTE
CHRIS WILLOCK

Erol Bulut nearly their with his squad for 2024-25, ready to add up to 3 more and says he will be happy with his squad.

Erol Bulut:

"The new players, we couldn't use them yet," Bulut said. "I hope, in the coming games, we are going to use them. And of course, with some new transfers coming in very soon, I think the team will be ready for the season and we have what we needed.”

New signings Calum Chambers and Chris Willock didn't feature against the German outfit, but Bulut hopes to get a chance to look at the duo soon, with the Bluebirds set to continue their tour with a clash with South African champions Mamelodi Sundowns on Tuesday.

“We are now looking at some good loan players and do expect to bring some players in before the season starts.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut: “ Latest on new arrivals “

Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:24 am

HAMBURG SV 0 CARDIFF CITY 3

Erol Bulut:

"The way we created chances was really good. From open play, with a good passing section in the game, quick transitions.

"It's good when everybody is adapting well and showing good performances."

“We kept our shape through out the game.”

“The first 45 minutes I was really satisfied.”

“We could have scored one or two More goals.”

“We continued through the second-half the same.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EROL BULUT: “LATEST ON MORE PLAYERS COMING IN AND”

Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:14 pm

Sounds like going with minimum squad! it sounds like just wants one striker in and use etete davies as backup with other players playing off whoever is upfront? Not sure ghats a recipe for sustained challenge.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:18 pm

Not so sure about this statement
"We are now looking at some good loan players and do expect to bring some players in before the season starts.”
So we have brought in two players on free transfers and are waiting on loan players. What happened to the Board backing the manager with a transfer kitty?
Was very hopeful for this season, but relying on loans to come in at a later date is very disappointing.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:38 pm

Stuck in the 70;s wrote:Not so sure about this statement
"We are now looking at some good loan players and do expect to bring some players in before the season starts.”
So we have brought in two players on free transfers and are waiting on loan players. What happened to the Board backing the manager with a transfer kitty?
Was very hopeful for this season, but relying on loans to come in at a later date is very disappointing.

Quality loans do cost lot more than average ones so can be backed in that way but it's the amount of players he's seeking that I'm not sure about...

Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:39 pm

It could mean that some more transfers are very close and nearly over the line...so we've moved on to other loan targets to complete the squad for the coming season.

That's what I'm hoping anyway!

Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:08 pm

No more squad fillers please we need first team quality desperately.If it’s loan players then they have to be first choice not one for the future or bench warmers . :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:15 pm

I wouldn’t read too much into the wording of the comments. Bulut’s comments often seem to be lost in translation a bit.

A bit like when he says a signing is imminent but it’s another week at least before it’s actually done.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Sounds like going with minimum squad! it sounds like just wants one striker in and use etete davies as backup with other players playing off whoever is upfront? Not sure ghats a recipe for sustained challenge.

Its a sh.t on the forward front the rest i am ok with but been fully backed was not explained paying wages thats about it
but so far we are getting rid of wintle fair enough
but Philips lost grant lost bowler lost how can we say we have improved we have not even replaced what we lost and still no transfer money no perminant players
yes still time but its been said time and time again
and no chance for players to bed in why are'nt the 2 neewbies in austria? Not fit injured
very strange not to try and get these new players playing as a starting 11.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:43 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Sounds like going with minimum squad! it sounds like just wants one striker in and use etete davies as backup with other players playing off whoever is upfront? Not sure ghats a recipe for sustained challenge.

Its a sh.t on the forward front the rest i am ok with but been fully backed was not explained paying wages thats about it
but so far we are getting rid of wintle fair enough
but Philips lost grant lost bowler lost how can we say we have improved we have not even replaced what we lost and still no transfer money no perminant players
yes still time but its been said time and time again
and no chance for players to bed in why are'nt the 2 neewbies in austria? Not fit injured
very strange not to try and get these new players playing as a starting 11.

Fully backed generally means having the players he goes for actually being financed...... as said many times its who we got at end window that matters ...... as for two newbies guess its the sports science dept that decides when ready .... let's hope what he as said is missing in translation ..

Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:45 pm

Heard a rumour that the club may take a look at Kemar Roofe.

at 31 and bit injury prone, is he worth the gamble? Available on a free too.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:28 pm

OMG. If it’s up to our medical science department when players are fit to play our 2 new boys won’t be ready until November - I mean running in straight lines, getting on the grass, building up game time etc.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:31 pm

Brezza wrote:OMG. If it’s up to our medical science department when players are fit to play our 2 new boys won’t be ready until November - I mean running in straight lines, getting on the grass, building up game time etc.

Same for all clubs including real Madrid ect not sure if these two played much before end season that's why the wait to be fit or do you prefer they play and have a muscle injury ect?

Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:43 pm

Nothing has changed.Wait till the last minute.End up with rubbish

Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:48 pm

Actually I do agree with you on this one Pembroke - I guess I mean as a general rule.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:54 pm

Brezza wrote:Actually I do agree with you on this one Pembroke - I guess I mean as a general rule.

Yes I know what you mean we seem to lose players for longer than most teams in fact tend to disappear for a season in some cases......

Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:36 pm

I think the club is now overly cautious before announcing or even admitting to signing a player until every piece of paper is signed and copied.

If we have signed someone I doubt we'd announce it while the squad is away.If we are spending money I think Bulut needs to have a photo with the new lads.

When are they back?

Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:39 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I think the club is now overly cautious before announcing or even admitting to signing a player until every piece of paper is signed and copied.

If we have signed someone I doubt we'd announce it while the squad is away.If we are spending money I think Bulut needs to have a photo with the new lads.

When are they back?

Potentially, but plenty of big clubs get signings done and they just join the team mid-tour.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:35 pm

A striker is much needed with another on loan or a free transfer - then use the loan system as we did last season.