Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Reports suggest Birmingham are ready to offer a package wort

Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:41 pm

Reports suggest Birmingham are ready to offer a package worth up to £6M to bring Jay Stansfield back to St. Andrews

The Blues have already spent OVER £10M in League One
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Reports suggest Birmingham are ready to offer a package

Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:45 pm

Certainly speculating to accumilate? Better hope it works...

Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:33 pm

Okay if it all comes to fruition points deducted and relegated if it all goes tits up

Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:32 pm

According to news online Fulham prefer a loan again!

Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:08 pm

At the club's end of season awards dinner, Stansfield confirmed how much he'd enjoyed himself in a Blues shirt despite relegation, and he also predicted that the club would return to its rightful place quickly, setting aside the disappointment of the drop so early into Knighthead's highly ambitious project.

“Going up there and knowing my teammates have voted for me, and the supporters, I just felt sad to be leaving,” Stansfield said. “It’s one of those things, I signed up for a season’s loan and I’ve loved every minute and learnt a lot. I think I’ve just built up such a relationship with the fans and the club that I wanted to give my all in every game. The goal early on helped. I earned my respect on the first day and could show everyone why I chose Birmingham.

"We came up short in the end and everyone around the club is feeling hurt. I think the club will be back where it belongs very soon. Hopefully next season they can push on. Being around the city and seeing the fans, and seeing how welcoming and hard-working everybody is, there are amazing people everywhere round here.

“We’ll see what happens [regarding his future]. I’m heading back to Fulham and I’m going to try my best there. That’s my team at the moment and I need to take everything I’ve learned from here and go there. Blues will always have a place in my heart.

“As a young player, you need to take it step by step. I played in League One last season [2022-23] and went back to Fulham and they wanted me to take on the next challenge, I went out and did that. Hopefully when I go back now they can see that I have taken the next challenge and been able to perform at this level.

“I don’t want to get ahead of myself, I’ve only had one season in the Championship, but it’s something I dream of. Hopefully it will come to that one day but I’m just going to take it step-by-step and keep developing and learning.”

Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:14 pm

Cardiff City have emerged as rivals to Birmingham City for striker Jay Stansfield. The Bluebirds, who have already signed Calum Chambers and Chris Willock this summer, are preparing for another year in the Championship and, after sending loanee Karlan Grant back to West Brom, they're eager to recruit a new forward.

Stansfield, 21, scored 13 goals for Blues last season and the club, despite finding themselves in League One, have been linked with bringing the Fulham forward back to the club on a permanent basis this window.

Cardiff, though, are desperate to add a striker, after last year their top goalscorers only managed six each - one of them was Grant, who as mentioned has since left. BBC Sport Wales add that they'd like to make an attacking addition while they're away in Austria this week.

The future of Stansfield, who won all five awards on offer at Blues' end of season ceremony in the spring, was addressed by Cottagers boss Marco Silva at the end of last season, when he outlined that he intended to keep the Exeter City academy product at the club over the summer.

Blues have been extremely busy so far this summer but, in the words of Chris Davies, are by no means done; having added seven players to their squad, including trio Alex Cochrane, Willum Thor Willumsson and Christoph Klarer last week alone, Blues are in the market for more in the coming five weeks. Davies wants two players in each position and another centre forward is likely to be targeted.