Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone else think we won’t spend money?

Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:03 pm

We won't be buying anyone...just free transfers and loans

Re: Anyone else think

Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:19 pm

Have we missed out on the guy from fulham to division 1 birmingham offering 5/6million to get there man where is buluts full backing transfer pot.
Its looking like we are not going to compete with anyone who is paying a transfer fee.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:32 pm

montyblue wrote:Have we missed out on the guy from fulham to division 1 birmingham offering 5/6million to get there man where is buluts full backing transfer pot.
Its looking like we are not going to compete with anyone who is paying a transfer fee.

Don't forget monty he played there last season and were we actually in for him or just more paper talk? there is lots of that going around who we should be buying seen another three..... brum are being silly again did it with managers now spending silly money to get out div 1 ...

Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:Have we missed out on the guy from fulham to division 1 birmingham offering 5/6million to get there man where is buluts full backing transfer pot.

Don't forget monty he played there last season and were we actually in for him or just more paper talk? there is lots of that going around who we should be buying seen another three..... brum are being silly again did it with managers now spending silly money to get out div 1 ...

100%, and if Cardiff did want him, maybe they didn’t think the valuation is fair and are deciding they won’t overpay for a player, which is a good thing.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:54 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

100%, and if Cardiff did want him, maybe they didn’t think the valuation is fair and are deciding they won’t overpay for a player, which is a good thing.

My point is wether we are in for him or not
we don' t seem able to compete to get who we think a likely
Just thr same as moore lsst year bulut said he wanted him ipswich came in with better offer we left it late and ended up with farmer dido
What i would like us to do earmark the striker bulut needs and go and get him all this waiting till the final days before the season starts or wait till the prem clubs realease heard every excuse under the sun the last few seasons and we end up with dido
No embargo now
so get striker in and get used to been with the team.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:06 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Upto now it appears theses players are speculative sighnings nothing concrete from club ...

Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:18 pm

I think everyone needs to relax a bit I’m sure the club are working on deals.

Most the rumours being floated about are from twitter pages with 5 followers (jay stansfield)

Some of Buluts comments are hard to decipher but I don’t think he would’ve stayed if he wasn’t promised the players he wanted.

If it doesn’t happen he may just walk. Let’s wait and see what happens plenty of clubs in the same position as us :)

Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:40 pm

ScottCcfc27 wrote:I think everyone needs to relax a bit I’m sure the club are working on deals.

Most the rumours being floated about are from twitter pages with 5 followers (jay stansfield)

Some of Buluts comments are hard to decipher but I don’t think he would’ve stayed if he wasn’t promised the players he wanted.

If it doesn’t happen he may just walk. Let’s wait and see what happens plenty of clubs in the same position as us :)

Spot on.

People are trying to predict what are business will be when we don’t really know.

I will judge the window when it actually ends.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:37 pm

montyblue wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

My point is wether we are in for him or not
we don' t seem able to compete to get who we think a likely
Just thr same as moore lsst year bulut said he wanted him ipswich came in with better offer we left it late and ended up with farmer dido
What i would like us to do earmark the striker bulut needs and go and get him all this waiting till the final days before the season starts or wait till the prem clubs realease heard every excuse under the sun the last few seasons and we end up with dido
No embargo now
so get striker in and get used to been with the team.

Monty you make it seem as all got to do is say we want him so he's ours ? Willock took several weeks of negotiating! as for strikers mmm doubly harder if we want him so will others we can't just say we'll pay you 5m for him and expect that to be done deal got to convince player as well... i know its frustrating but let's be realistic getting players is not easy particularly striker... as for moore £4m+ was to much in January with no garauntee of promotion... Birmingham "div 1" have spent more than anyone in championship except for 3 clubs! Cannot enter bidding war for anyone its bad buisness. .. some clubs have done lots buisness but we all have different priorities and ambitions city obviously looking for higher quality which can take time to materialise..... already got two no one knew about so suspect others will come in likewise fashion.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:44 pm

Bluebird 67 wrote:We won't be buying anyone...just free transfers and loans

Before the embargo - I remember the club saying we had to sell before we buy ( many years ago )
Having said that and the backing said by the club for the manager this season - we have sold 1 player already - Adams .
For me we have to pay for a striker and bring in those loan players - as we did last season .

Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:25 am

I could of guessed that before anything was said this season tbh and we got delusional folk who think we going for a top two finish :shock:

But along as we better last season that's progress in my opinion. So I won't be crying for the manager out if we don't go up or win the first six games in a row like some on here. That's how silly some of today's fans have become. We shall see what backing he gets although it will be freebies and loans mostly which isn't surprising to me :bluescarf:

16 days I think until the champ starts two players isn't promotion tbh.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:35 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:

I could of guessed that before anything was said this season tbh and we got delusional folk who think we going for a top two finish :shock:

But along as we better last season that's progress in my opinion. So I won't be crying for the manager out if we don't go up or win the first six games in a row like some on here. That's how silly some of today's fans have become. We shall see what backing he gets although it will be freebies and loans mostly which isn't surprising to me :bluescarf:

Good free transfers and loans can cost a hell of a lot, depending on loan fees, signing on fees and wages.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:41 am

Free transfers are not cheap Some of the worlds best players have been free transfers in the past Like Messi and Mbappe. The lack of paying a transfers fee will just be reflected in the wages and agent fees.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:21 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:

And you think we are only club in same position regarding signings? Up Rd only sighned two other clubs similar position... as I always say after window closes is judgement day! Only then will we know our chances of challenging for top 6?

Re: Anyone else think we won’t spend money?

Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:13 pm

The objective is to stay afloat until a buyer comes in with the right price. Don't expect much money to be spent. Only gullable people and clowns think we will get promotion. Imo

Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:38 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:The objective is to stay afloat until a buyer comes in with the right price. Don't expect much money to be spent. Only gullable people and clowns think we will get promotion. Imo

Ahhh well little point in trying to sign anyone with such optimist tan can save his money untill one day a Knight in shining armour comes riding into ccs with bag full of money. ! A bit early to form an opinion before season starts :clap:

Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:24 pm

I think the lesson learned last year was that you don't have to pay silly money in transfer values to sign players. I think it will be a combination of good premiership loans, free players and some reasonably priced transfers, depending on what becomes available.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:38 pm

So far ZERO

We have offloaded more and sold

But

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=239909

Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:33 pm

Where is this money coming from..
wage bill huge- crowds haven’t been brill- think we need a realty check
Season tickets down- come on Cardiff fans; show we are not glory supporters

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:49 am

Elephant in the room... we are in big debt, don't forget.

I'd be shocked if we're going to splash heavy cash. Actually, I'd be more shocked if we're actually planning to reduce the debt.