Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Vincent Tan / Erol Bulut ‘

Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:13 pm

I am hearing a lot of rumblings / No money / No Quality Striker coming in / Bulut got his two year contract so won’t be saying anything if not fully backed:

MY VIEW:

The real test for our chances this season is to compare this year’s final squad at end August with last year’s team that finished half way down the table !!

Tan committed himself to backing Bulut ….and he has to honor this pledge .

Bulut is talking big time and saying our minimum expectation is playoffs and looking at top 2 this coming season.
But our real target is top two !!!

If we are targeting top two - this year’s team has to be substantially stronger than last year.

This means better players .

We have lost Nat Phillips , Karlan Grant and Josh Bowler .

Very simply not only do we have to do better than those, but significantly we have to do much better .

This is it . This is the test for Tan’s and Bulut’s commitment .

The proof of the pudding is in the eating …….the first indication of our recruitment success will be 10th August …..and the ultimate test is the end of the transfer window end August .

Let us judge Tan/Bulut then, not now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Vincent Tan / Erol Bulut ‘

Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:15 pm

Agree with you let's see where we are at the end of the transfer window .

Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:17 pm

I really hoped and believed that Tan will honor his word this time around .

I also genuinely believed that Bulut will get his finger out snd fo the business . Bulut got the contract he wanted …..so now he has got to get his finger out and do the business .

Ok we got two new reasonable signings …..but are they sn improvement ? Hmm…..time will tell .

We are only three weeks into the transfer window so far too early to say . Plus most of the trading will be done late particularly when it comes to ‘loanees’ . So still early days …….and I remain hopeful and optimistic …….but ….. hmm…..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:40 pm

2 really good signings so far which although free transfers would not have been cheap and I’m sure we would have beaten off numerous teams to get these 2…

So far so good but at least 3 more quality signings needed!!

Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:48 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:2 really good signings so far which although free transfers would not have been cheap and I’m sure we would have beaten off numerous teams to get these 2…

They are replacing others that have gone, we need much more than we have now, time will tell.
Loans are a short term fix to cover up inadequacies and very seldom have a productive return. Lot of loan deals would not be needed if more were coming through the academy and start games this season from the beginning

Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:56 pm

Ninian27 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:2 really good signings so far which although free transfers would not have been cheap and I’m sure we would have beaten off numerous teams to get these 2…

They are replacing others that have gone, we need much more than we have now, time will tell.
Loans are a short term fix to cover up inadequacies and very seldom have a productive return. Lot of loan deals would not be needed if more were coming through the academy and start games this season from the beginning

So Nat Phillips and Karlan Grant, amongst others in recent times, were unproductive in their value to us as ‘loanees’…? :shock:

Genuine question, as whilst I agree we need more than we have now, I’m struggling to believe you wrote that those players were of no value to us in their time here…! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:58 pm

Reply:

Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:06 pm

The first thing I would say is that, in Malaysian culture, respect is everything.

So if Vincent Tan is prepared to lie to Bulut, and lie to us supporters, then that is going to get back to Malaysia.

Only time will tell whether "full backing is being given" or not.

For me full backing means getting a £5m striker in. Someone who can score 20 goals. If we were going for KM, and have chosen to look elsewhere, then full backing to me means someone of at least similar quality.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:49 pm

Paul, not sure if this will make any difference to be honest. He's lied to all of the above in the past so no reason why he won't do it again.
So not sure if he gives 2 shits about losing respect back home.

I hope I'm wrong though lol

Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:53 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:The first thing I would say is that, in Malaysian culture, respect is everything.

So if Vincent Tan is prepared to lie to Bulut, and lie to us supporters, then that is going to get back to Malaysia.

Only time will tell whether "full backing is being given" or not.

For me full backing means getting a £5m striker in. Someone who can score 20 goals. If we were going for KM, and have chosen to look elsewhere, then full backing to me means someone of at least similar quality.

Paul,

He 100% lied to My face for over 3hrs, promised me he would not change our badge our change our identity.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply:

The quote "he's always tried to do things on the cheap" is just blatantly wrong & I'm no fan of Tan. Up until the Emiliano Sala tragedy he obviously didn't always do things on the cheap, he certainly has since & I have always said that this has affected him & his bankrolling of players more than we can imagine, which is why he needs to sell up.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:29 pm

Sven wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:

So Nat Phillips and Karlan Grant, amongst others in recent times, were unproductive in their value to us as ‘loanees’…? :shock:

Genuine question, as whilst I agree we need more than we have now, I’m struggling to believe you wrote that those players were of no value to us in their time here…! :ayatollah:

No they were valuable at the time, yet leaves us hanging to constantly fill these places and is not building for the future.
Mate I hope your going to say hello this season.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:59 pm

Not what Bulut is saying. He's telling fans in Austria there's a striker close.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am hearing a lot of rumblings / No money / No Quality Striker coming in / Bulut got his two year contract so won’t be saying anything if not fully backed:

MY VIEW:

The real test for our chances this season is to compare this year’s final squad at end August with last year’s team that finished half way down the table !!

Bulut is talking big time and saying our minimum expectation is playoffs and looking at top 2 this coming season.

If we are targeting top two - this year’s team has to be substantially stronger than last year.

Very simply not only do we have to do better than those, but significantly we have to do much better .

The proof of the pudding is in the eating …….the first indication of our recruitment success will be 10th August …..and the ultimate test is the end of the transfer window end August .

Annis

I have said this for a while all the loans went back we have only partially covered them going
and i said we needed at least 6 in 3 to cover the loans who left with an additional 3 which has to be a minimum and that illusive striker who has still not materialised since moore left

Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:15 pm

Ninian27 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:

No they were valuable at the time, yet leaves us hanging to constantly fill these places and is not building for the future.
Mate I hope your going to say hello this season.

That’s fair enough; and rest assured I will…

Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:48 pm

Any truth on us having a bid accepted for cantwell? This would be a big signing for us. I remember him at norwich he was a class act and only 26

Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:44 pm

The window is as long as it is for a reason.

People are very quick in every clubs fan base to expect 6 or 7 new signings extremely quickly.

We know it isn't going to be like that, regardless of backing or not.

Give it time. Judge at the end.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:47 pm

montyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I am hearing a lot of rumblings / No money / No Quality Striker coming in / Bulut got his two year contract so won’t be saying anything if not fully backed:

MY VIEW:

Annis

I have said this for a while all the loans went back we have only partially covered them going
and i said we needed at least 6 in 3 to cover the loans who left with an additional 3 which has to be a minimum and that illusive striker who has still not materialised since moore left

Calm down young Monty, we'll get loan signings etc. closer to the end of the window, it's as long as it is for a reason.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:27 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:The window is as long as it is for a reason.

People are very quick in every clubs fan base to expect 6 or 7 new signings extremely quickly.

We know it isn't going to be like that, regardless of backing or not.

Give it time. Judge at the end.

Swans 2 signings hull just made it 2 .and other clubs even less ...... so plenty time to boost the numbers Rome wasn't built in a day neither was football team!

Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:29 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
montyblue wrote:

MY VIEW:

Annis

Calm down young Monty, we'll get loan signings etc. closer to the end of the window, it's as long as it is for a reason.

The season starts before the end of the window i was hoping we would have what we need for the first game of the season 10 aug transfer window closes end of august 31st

Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:38 pm

montyblue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
montyblue wrote:

MY VIEW:

Annis

The season starts before the end of the window i was hoping we would have what we need for the first game of the season 10 aug transfer window closes end of august 31st

Historically it's been the same every season. There will be a few games before Premier clubs decide who can go out on loan.

They are usually the 'better' loans otherwise the clubs would not still be deciding on their fate when the season has already started.

Don't sweat it this early or you'll be climbing the walls by the time the season starts.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:14 pm

Wayne S wrote:
montyblue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
montyblue wrote:

MY VIEW:

Annis

Historically it's been the same every season. There will be a few games before Premier clubs decide who can go out on loan.

They are usually the 'better' loans otherwise the clubs would not still be deciding on their fate when the season has already started.

Don't sweat it this early or you'll be climbing the walls by the time the season starts.

And by time season starts all loan players will be upto speed regarding fitness so won't take long to integrate to way bulut wants team to play Plus as they say football is a simple game.......:thumbright:

Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:00 pm

Agree .