Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City are in talks with Leicester city over a move fo

Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:27 pm

Cardiff City are in talks with Leicester city over a move for 22 year old Kasey McAteer following the Foxes' promotion to the Premier League.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City are in talks with Leicester city over a mov

Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:58 pm

This name keeps coming up so wouldn’t be surprised if there’s something in it.

Unlikely to fit into their plans for Premier League football yet so a loan would suit all parties.

Can play in multiple places in midfield, including behind the striker.

Would be happy if we got this done.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:16 pm

Would be a good addition for us.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:34 pm

Although highly unlikely, can you imagine Mcateer and Cantwell

We'd be in a good position for the season for sure

Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:00 pm

He's just scored against Shrewsbury in a friendly tonight, interested to see what the goal was like when highlights emerge.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:29 pm

I have the feeling he’s gonna stay with them this season…

Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:39 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:I have the feeling he’s gonna stay with them this season…

He said a few days ago - His dream is to play in the Premier League :shock:

Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:01 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

True but it’s my dream to play in the Premier League, doesn’t mean it’s going to happen :lol:

Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:29 pm

Cardiff and Hull linked with Kasey McAteer -

Amid that search for incomings at the King Power Stadium this summer, one player who is in demand for a move away from the club, is Kasey McAteer.

According to reports, Championship duo Cardiff and Hull are both interested in a loan deal for the winger this summer.

The fact that Leicester are themselves now keen on another player in Nelson, who could take McAteer's place on the right flank, is therefore promising for those second-tier clubs.

Bringing the Arsenal man to the Foxes would ensure that Cooper's side have the depth required to cope with the departure of the 22-year-old.

Indeed, given the investment they would be making on Nelson, it is highly likely that he would be ahead of McAteer in the pecking order, meaning the latter could be better off with a loan move.

Sanctioning such a move would allow the Leicester academy product to continue his development, and open the door for one of Hull or Cardiff to make a useful signing.

The 22-year-old made some important contributions for the Foxes on their way to promotion last season, making a telling impact in front of goal at times.

That experience in winning the title with the club, ought to mean that McAteer ought to be more than ready to play a big part for any club he might join on loan for the 2024/25 campaign.

So with both of those clubs setting their sights set on a Championship play-off place this season, the winger could certainly help them to do that, in what would surely be a welcome bit of business.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:31 pm

Hull of course, missed out on a top six spot by just three points in the 2023/24 campaign, and will be aiming to go one better this season under new boss Tim Walter.

But with a lack of signings so far this summer, there is a growing pressure on them to get encouraging deals such as this done.

Cardiff too, showed plenty of quality last season but fell short of a top six spot, and having convinced Erol Bulut to remain as manager, will now want to back him in the window.

So far though, they have made just two first-team signings, and so the addition of McAteer would be a welcome statement of intent for the club from the Welsh capital as well.

With that in mind, the news that Leicester are moving to secure the services of Nelson from Arsenal, is something that Hull and Cardiff ought to be ready to act on, as they plot their own moves for McAteer.

Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:17 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

True but it’s my dream to play in the Premier League, doesn’t mean it’s going to happen :lol:

"Dreams Can Come True " - Well they just have for McAteer tonight ;)
Who knows he might want to leave now he has played in the Premier League ???
As for you Ned - You might have to wait another season .... :lol:

Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:25 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

"Dreams Can Come True " - Well they just have for McAteer tonight ;)
Who knows he might want to leave now he has played in the Premier League ???
As for you Ned - You might have to wait another season .... :lol:

My chance will come :lol:

Did quite well when he came on tonight, very close to scoring with his first touch.

Whether he stays or goes on loan will depend on whether they sign anyone I suppose, Cooper said to Sky after the match that he wanted more attacking players.