Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut is suddenly Surprised and says we will not waste

Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:49 pm

Erol Bulut last season hardly played any of the Academy players or the younger ones that had come through.

Bulut has suddenly had a change of mind:

Joel Colwill, Rubin Colwill , Joel Bagan , Ronan Kpakio, Raheem Conte, Eli King, Cian Ashford, Isaak Davies, Ollie Tanner and even Kieron Evans and Tom Davies have been given new contracts.

Bulut also now feels that he does not need to bring many more new players in.

Erol Bulut :

"So let’s see what we can do and what is the best for Cardiff City and our squad.”

“ Everything is about the finance and we have to take care of that side.”

“We will not waste money for nothing we will try to make the best for Cardiff City."

“I am surprised by all the emerging talent we have coming through.”

One of the players that has surprised Bulut is Kpakio who has featured a couple of times in pre-season so far, notably catching the eye against Welsh league side Penybont.

Bulut says he's been keeping tabs on his progress but has been taken aback by his step up over the past few months.

"I watched him twice last season, this pre-season we had him in the squad," the manager said.

"He surprised me how quick he has progressed and I hope he continues like that.”

“ Against Kortrijk he has a really good game, also against Hamburg he played a tough opponent.”

“He had good chance and against Mamelodi he was quite good. He is still only 17, but you can tell then if they are going to be any good.”

“I think this will be a really good one if he continues that way."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut is suddenly Surprised and says we will not wa

Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:01 pm

I want the younger players to shine but they’ll end up being the scapegoats if the results are negative, it stinks, but it’s been the same for the past 3/4 seasons..

Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:08 pm

Does not need to bring in many new players.That comment could be a worry?

Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:19 pm

Does not need to bring in many new players.That comment could be a worry?

Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I want the younger players to shine but they’ll end up being the scapegoats if the results are negative, it stinks, but it’s been the same for the past 3/4 seasons..

Agreed Annis.

Young players need to introduced gradually into a settled team in order to get the best out of them.

Bulut was so reluctant to play the youngsters even when we were safe last season that I just can't see him changing that approach unless the squad is so weak that he has no choice.

Seems to be changing his tune as you say but then from his point of view he's got the two year contract he wanted so he's laughing whatever happens.

Whilst true that the transfer window doesn't close for a while a poor start with a team which at the moment is no stronger than last season's could leave us playing catch up before the season is a month old.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:36 pm

Again there could be a bit lost in translation here for example, if ng stays, we have kpakio and conte in reserve, began, odowda can cover Collins at left back willock we have tanner odowda and also Ashford playing wide. As has been the case for a few years we're short up front so a couple of new signing there would help, but I can see where he's coming from with regards to good back up from the youngsters for most positions.wait and see who else comes in b4 getting on the doom and gloom wagon.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:38 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I want the younger players to shine but they’ll end up being the scapegoats if the results are negative, it stinks, but it’s been the same for the past 3/4 seasons..

Agreed Annis.

Young players need to introduced gradually into a settled team in order to get the best out of them.

Bulut was so reluctant to play the youngsters even when we were safe last season that I just can't see him changing that approach unless the squad is so weak that he has no choice.

Seems to be changing his tune as you say but then from his point of view he's got the two year contract he wanted so he's laughing whatever happens.

Whilst true that the transfer window doesn't close for a while a poor start with a team which at the moment is no stronger than last season's could leave us playing catch up before the season is a month old.

David.

I agree with everything you’ve said.

Bulut got what he really wanted a 2 yr contract.

I am told there is NO real money and if you look we’ve spent ZERO, as we sold Adams.

Bulut says he always knows well in advance the players he needs.

Similar situation as what happened to Morison, but we do have a lot better quality youngsters than back then.

We need this Quality Striker end off, and No excuses .

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:11 pm

Bulut needs to make some proper signings like Cantwell, McAteer, Stansfield and Robertson etc. People are not stupid.
Chambers and Willock have only scratched the surface.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:41 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:42 pm

Replies:

I don't think we need defenders and shouldn't waste our money but use more monet for a decent striker, central midfielder and a winger

Replies:

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:52 pm

TOP TWO!!!

You're having a laugh.

14th more like. :oops: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:58 pm

I don't think its a bad squad with experience and potential except at center-forward. I'd load all our budget on a center forward or two

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:28 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I don't think its a bad squad with experience and potential except at center-forward. I'd load all our budget on a center forward or two
My point too 3 really good players

Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:33 pm

We are going to struggle next year with this squad . Mid table at best

Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:43 pm

Still got roughly 6 weeks……keep calm.

I’m sure Bulut will get who he wants. The youngsters have seemed to do well pre-season and isn’t it what we been crying out for, getting youngsters into the first team before 21 years old?

We’ve made two signings that have improved our squad for this season 3 more and some decent loan moves and we be fine…… I hope :)

Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:11 pm

Can't win anything with kids

Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:22 pm

ScottCcfc27 wrote:Still got roughly 6 weeks……keep calm.

I’m sure Bulut will get who he wants. The youngsters have seemed to do well pre-season and isn’t it what we been crying out for, getting youngsters into the first team before 21 years old?

We’ve made two signings that have improved our squad for this season 3 more and some decent loan moves and we be fine…… I hope :)

Yes def.

As long as they are Championship Quality.

Remember Tan made Morison put 12 in our first team squad , None of them Championship Quality and we were nearly relegated.

11 now, but personally I will say this lot are way way better and probably 5 will become Championship Quality.
But I also see this happening because NO money.